Posted by CCThor (1523 posts) 28 days, 20 hours ago

Poll: Why killer movie's victim always don't consider hiding in forest or mountain? (12 votes)

Because they are dumb. 42%
Because if they do we don't have the movie to watch. 25%
It's pointless because villains will still find a way to kill them. 17%
Because it will makes movie boring. 8%
Other thought. 8%

They always choose to hiding in their friends/families place,which is easily for those killer/bad guy/mafia/cops to find,I really don't get it.

#1 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know how hard it is for the average person to survive homeless let alone in the woods where there's virtually no human contact, no food, and it can get really scary, really dark and really loud or quiet really fast. If I had a killer looking for me I sure as hell wouldn't try to be alone if I could help it.

#2 Posted by kgb725 (19207 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people dont live near there nor do they know how to survive

#3 Edited by CCThor (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929:

At least they could considering it as one of the options,but they never did.

#4 Posted by SC (18159 posts) - - Show Bio

Better to find people and find safety/strength in numbers. Unless there is a group of friendly, normal, non mutated people in the forest or mountain, or you are a Disney princess that has wild animals naturally want to protect you, you are just isolating yourself and making it easier for the killer.

Unless like... the killer is afraid of forests/mountains, like ghosts and lawyers are. Then maybe.

#5 Posted by SpareHeadOne (6274 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to dig into a mountain.

But a forest is easy to hide in. I would hide up a tree and order pizzas and coke to be delivered. Maybe set up an x box to keep me occupied while I hide from the bad guy.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#6 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5293 posts) - - Show Bio

Half of slasher flicks take place in the forest tho....

#7 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18328 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be interesting (unless the killer like grew up in the forest or has been trained better than me...lots of people have been but hopefully not many killers). I dare a killer to come after me in the woods.

#8 Posted by mrmonster (15568 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it dumb though? You choose the house, you can barricade the doors, find a weapon (even if it's just a hammer or a broom, better than nothing), or simply hide in a place where you know they'll have trouble finding you. You choose the woods, you're essentially just praying that they don't track you down and that you can make it back to civilization before you starve to death.

#9 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4199 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would they hide in the woods? It does nothing for them, just causes more problems on top of hiding from a psychopathic maniac

#10 Posted by CCThor (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster:

Because those villains will easily finding where you are living and who's your friend.

And usually those bad guys are smart experienced killer,so fighting back is nearly impossible.

#11 Posted by Rustlingjimmy (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to dig into a mountain.

But a forest is easy to hide in. I would hide up a tree and order pizzas and coke to be delivered. Maybe set up an x box to keep me occupied while I hide from the bad guy.

lol

#12 Edited by Dr_Shenanigans (518 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've seen people do try to hide in the forest or mountains but are simply tracked too well in the dark, found by the killers accomplices or finds themselves stumbling right into the killers lair.

#13 Posted by StormShadow_X (16768 posts) - - Show Bio

Killers find them

#14 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

Not everyone is John J. Rambo...

Honestly, most people couldn't survive more than a few days in the wilderness. How long do you plan on staying out there and what is stopping them from coming back to kill you whenever you come back? Or are you planning on living out in the woods forever?

#15 Posted by Dr_Shenanigans (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

Not everyone is John J. Rambo...

Honestly, most people couldn't survive more than a few days in the wilderness. How long do you plan on staying out there and what is stopping them from coming back to kill you whenever you come back? Or are you planning on living out in the woods forever?

In movies it often seems to come down to who survives the 1 night so they'd only have to hold out for a hand full of hours.

#16 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_shenanigans: I guess it depends on the kind of killer and why they want to kill you.

#17 Posted by Dr_Shenanigans (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccthor:

I'm gonna try to watch a marathon & try to pick out instances were someone probably could've survived had they just simply stayed put for 6-8 hours.

#18 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that a personal attack or something?