Why is Latin-America not as politically correct as the US?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By modernww2fare

From my personal experience it appears that most Latin-American countries are much less sensitive towards social issues (like racism and sexism) than the US. Any possible answer for this?

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! white southern conservative america is always the worst when it comes to this stuff

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't have rich white people who went to Princeton or Yale with progressive ideas.

Seriously though, I haven't really noticed those things in the op. If you ever hear about Latin America, it isn't because of racism or sexism. It's crime, death or poverty mostly. My guess is because they're united due to religion. I'm pretty sure Mexico is like 90% Catholic and that's just Mexico with a population of 120 million. Women are mostly housewives, men are more dominant and are the sole providers in the house. Some people might see that as sexist and some might see it as a way of life or tradition. I've never noticed racism in the many times I've been there (Mexico & Puerto Rico).

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are not crazy as USA. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@silkyballfro94 said:

Because they don't have rich white people who went to Princeton or Yale with progressive ideas.

Seriously though, I haven't really noticed those things in the op. If you ever hear about Latin America, it isn't because of racism or sexism. It's crime, death or poverty mostly. My guess is because they're united due to religion. I'm pretty sure Mexico is like 90% Catholic and that's just Mexico with a population of 120 million. Women are mostly housewives, men are more dominant and are the sole providers in the house. Some people might see that as sexist and some might see it as a way of life or tradition. I've never noticed racism in the many times I've been there (Mexico & Puerto Rico).

Sexism in Mexico is pretty heavy, specially against women. Just look at the stats of how many women are killed in places like Ciudad Juarez, it's kinda worrying

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because we have better things to do than being upset because someone called you a nigga or whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: Yeah it's pretty disgusting. The criminals cut off breasts, rape, and just really terrible things. I would of included that as being in the crime category though, and not sexism. It's not like it's considered normal to kill women over there. I'm sure men are killed way way more and have their penises cut off and stuck in their mouths (I've seen this with my eyes). The people that do that stuff are savages. It goes both ways.

Salubri_Cain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Most people in respective Latin American countries share opinions and views much closer than we do in the US which often halts the growth through change

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Progressives

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This goes into the whole misconceptions of the third world and México.

Because if TV said so, it must be truth.

Its amazing to see Constantine and see how you see México City.

Racism isnt a problem in México, first we are mestizos, maybe for this we never believe in any pure race insanity, the first independent town in America was in México and its called San Lorenzo de Los Negros, Gaspar Yanga free slaves and the spanish empire let them be free, the when México became an independent country the logic thing was to end with slavery, México end with slavery before the USA, our second president was a mulato, so we had an afro mexican president ages before the USA got one and one of our independence heroes was a mulato too José María Morelos (Rumors point he could had being a pirate).

The you have the LMB(Mexican Baseball League), who hired a bunch of great players because, well the white people didnt want them in their League, they were national heroes and got tons of respect.

The racism was mostly against Asians, but again it had to do more with money and a crazy conspiracy theory against the asian people, some one blame them for taking all the money and became the darkest chapter about racism in the country, of course some on made them the scape goats.

The main problem its actually classism, people that has live in the country point this.

Its kinda weird that people keep telling México its soooo sexist and a "patriarchy", again mostly people that never live in the country, the main religious figure its a mother, the main figure of the family its the mother and to be honest, no one cares for the father.

Again this could be the fact, this people used to live in places where being politically correct matter, but since mexicans see this as white people insanity, we dont care.

Juarez and the violence in the border its way more complicated that what most of people want to believe.

Most of the articles that are published in English focus on the problems in Mexico, none of the positives. Believe it or not there is happiness in Mexico and areas that are safe. They just aren't reported in the American media, because that doenst sell.

The richest city in the country its incredibly liberal, abortion and gay marriage are legal, gay people can adopt, but no one cares for being politically correct beyond the crazy progressive people that usually love to trash talk about the country and they keep saying we are pretty much animals.

DF is actually safer than some of the big cities in America, Canada or even Europe. Of course bad things happens, like anywhere else in the world, but in Mexico most of the homicides happen between the drug mafias.

No Caption Provided

The funny thing its that several thing that werent a problems like homophobia, got bigger at the same time the progressive politically correct army started, you can point this since a bunch of gay people on TV talked about the subject and point this too.

Also i know a Jewish guy that used to go into a Catholic school and no one forced him to became Catholic, maybe it would blown your mind to find this and also you will never hear the president say God Bless The Méxican United States, because our constitution ban this.

It amazing to see the misconceptions people have of México.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't even care

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Brazil is pretty similar to Mexico, judging by Deathpoolthe1000's comment.

I don't got much else to add tho.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah...

Mexico might not be as well off as the US, but...

When US News broadcasts in MX, we kinda just laugh at the ridiculousness and petty things.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well, when it comes to their expanding Christian presence, there's no reason to be as politically correct as America; they actually should serve as a model for religious tolerance towards exercising expression of religion. And, Latin America is showing how Christianity is meant to create religious coexistence even for those who choose not be be Christian. There's crime and poverty, but those are global problems. I did hear of some problems with racism is Brazil I believe, but this thread is considering Latin America as a whole.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

@jonez120: Still a racial slur. Still a warning.

He commented? Because I don't see his comment, officer :P

@dshipp17 said:

Well, when it comes to their expanding Christian presence, there's no reason to be as politically correct as America; they actually should serve as a model for religious tolerance towards exercising expression of religion. And, Latin America is showing how Christianity is meant to create religious coexistence even for those who choose not be be Christian. There's crime and poverty, but those are global problems. I did hear of some problems with racism is Brazil I believe, but this thread is considering Latin America as a whole.

Not just religion, but they're much more chill about racial stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@modernww2fare: There are other issues on their plates which get more attention. Economically, speaking. Not all countries, it's a huge continent, but there is a substantial amount of them who are considered developing. There isn't a push for progressiveness when you are struggling to keep your head above water.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a Latin American once but I gave it up to be an Australian

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Let's be real. American/some European Democrats (regardless of race) are the most PC people out there. Try looking anywhere in Asia and you'd still see that we're un-PC as hell.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st world countries live in a relatively excessive and affluent lifestyle.

So most of the time these people (specially the liberals) can worry about trivial stuff like political correctness and their first world version of "oppression".

It's like the mentality of those elitist nobles who tried to solve poverty and hunger by saying "let them eat cake"

Poorer countries don't have that much time and resources to waste on things that don't matter in their everyday survival.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably because they have more important stuffs to care about.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually have a job offer in Mexico is it a good place to relocate being black?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 juiceboks  Moderator

Latin America makes up 20 different countries to the one U.S so you'd have to be a lot more specific. In any case, many of those countries don't allow their citizens the freedom of speech to voice their opinions regardless of where they belong on the PC spectrum so there's that..

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because in reality they are 3rd world countries where people are starving and heavy violence so they aren’t as prissy as the imbeciles we have here today.

But don’t get it twisted. Racism and colorism are rampant in Latin American countries.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause they ain't stupid.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AbstractRaze

South America is very racist, especially the people which are a mixup between the Spaniards, Portuguese and the natives of Soutamerica, they are very racist against their own natives, people call them 'mestizos', then we have the white people in Argentina, Chile and Brazil which almost represents the half or the majority of the population in those countries so far I'm concerned, they're discriminated in their own countries and discriminate the mestizos and natives in entire Southamerica, then we have white minorities in Bolivia, Equador, Peru, Venezuela and Uruguay, where white people are harshly discriminated as well but they discriminate mestizos and the native population too.

Now the good thing, is that whether native, mestizos or white people, they all have and share similar ideologies, religion, traditions and morals and working together is most times possible while in the US it's different, because the mestizos and native Southamericans which immigrate to the US, forces completely different traditions which are not even that greatly practiced in their own countries, but why they do that? it's because they seek a common representation in the US, while in South America, no one seeks representativity through certain traditions, those traditions represent all the people in the country no matter if there are racial splits in the territories.

That's what I gained through my own experience in South America, my parents sent me there in order to gain experience when I was 20 almost 21 and 22 years old.