Why is everyone ok with body shaming Adam Driver but so damn sensitive with body shaming fat people?

Avatar image for tj849
tj849

8569

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tj849

Its literally the same thing. If you hop onto twitter and type in "kylo ren body" you'll just see a flood of tweets of people taking the piss out of Drivers body but body shaming fat people is a sensitive topic and if you fat shamed someone on twitter you'd be attacked by loads of people.

People are making pillows of him and doing "The Kylo Ren challenge" on instagram. But you dont see stuff like this for fat people....

Avatar image for chingchangwalla
chingchangwalla

108

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because he's male. He can take it without bitching.

Most 'fat empowerment' advocates are female and therefore can't take it.

Avatar image for rabumalal
RabumAlal

5481

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for tj849
tj849

8569

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@chingchangwalla: Adam Driver himself has spoken about his self esteem issues with his body...

Avatar image for thewatcherking
TheWatcherKing

19114

Forum Posts

31

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

People are hypocrites? I mean, what did you expect?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

929

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

People love to try to shame those who have nothing to be ashamed of be cause their jealous.

Feminist hate Barbie because they claim she portrays an unrealistic body image but these people have clearly never seen a Victoria's Secret fashion show. Barbie ain't got shit on them.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

3906

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

Because he's male. He can take it without bitching.

Most 'fat empowerment' advocates are female and therefore can't take it.

this is legit. I do stand up and I found that if i replace a woman in distress with a man in distress (distress such as rape situations, discrimination, looking stupid etc.) in my jokes a lot more people laugh, and the crowd reaction is a lot more positive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

929

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@chingchangwalla said:

Because he's male. He can take it without bitching.

Most 'fat empowerment' advocates are female and therefore can't take it.

this is legit. I do stand up and I found that if i replace a woman in distress with a man in distress (distress such as rape situations, discrimination, looking stupid etc.) in my jokes a lot more people laugh, and the crowd reaction is a lot more positive.

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

12104

Forum Posts

19

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for kevd4wg
Kevd4wg

14702

Forum Posts

266

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That's pretty sad and messed up. Why would you spend your time doing that.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

3906

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@itouchedtheboat said:

this is legit. I do stand up and I found that if i replace a woman in distress with a man in distress (distress such as rape situations, discrimination, looking stupid etc.) in my jokes a lot more people laugh, and the crowd reaction is a lot more positive.

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

I agree, I can't even explain why that is lol. Women being victims of such acts actually get me sad and worried, where as the opposite can be funny hahaha

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

4520

Forum Posts

30

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Wasn't he a Marine? Pretty sure he has taken care of himself more than they have also that is just sad. These people really need to move on with their lives.

Avatar image for heroup2112
HeroUp2112

18401

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

People are body shaming Adam Driver? What's there to shame about his body?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

929

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@proteusxmanrxis said:

Wasn't he a Marine? Pretty sure he has taken care of himself more than they have also that is just sad. These people really need to move on with their lives.

@heroup2112 said:

People are body shaming Adam Driver? What's there to shame about his body?

That's what I was thinking. Sure he doesn't have the greatest body in the world but there's damn sure as shit nothing wrong with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

2790

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's getting paid millions of dollars to star in those films. He can handle some internet memers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@oopsislipped said:

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

I agree, I can't even explain why that is lol. Women being victims of such acts actually get me sad and worried, where as the opposite can be funny hahaha

How is any rape funny?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

929

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@itouchedtheboat said:
@oopsislipped said:

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

I agree, I can't even explain why that is lol. Women being victims of such acts actually get me sad and worried, where as the opposite can be funny hahaha

How is any rape funny?

I don't know but I can't help but chuckle as a prison rape joke. It's horrible but I can't help it.

Avatar image for laflux
laflux

24738

Forum Posts

2367

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By laflux

@tj849: He isn't really being shamed for being fat though. He has a muscular yet "unconventional" frame. Hence why people are calling him thicc and not fat.

@chingchangwalla said:

Because he's male. He can take it without bitching.

Most 'fat empowerment' advocates are female and therefore can't take it.

Yes most fat empowerment advocates are females, but that's because there is more pressure on the female body than the male body. Also, Woman are more predisposed to gain weight, have a higher "healthier" body fat percentages than men. Still Kayne West was shamed for his recent weight gain and he is of course male.

Avatar image for heroup2112
HeroUp2112

18401

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@proteusxmanrxis said:

Wasn't he a Marine? Pretty sure he has taken care of himself more than they have also that is just sad. These people really need to move on with their lives.

@heroup2112 said:

People are body shaming Adam Driver? What's there to shame about his body?

That's what I was thinking. Sure he doesn't have the greatest body in the world but there's damn sure as shit nothing wrong with it.

I mean I wasn't ogling him or anything but I certainly didn't seem him look out of shape.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

929

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@oopsislipped said:
@proteusxmanrxis said:

Wasn't he a Marine? Pretty sure he has taken care of himself more than they have also that is just sad. These people really need to move on with their lives.

@heroup2112 said:

People are body shaming Adam Driver? What's there to shame about his body?

That's what I was thinking. Sure he doesn't have the greatest body in the world but there's damn sure as shit nothing wrong with it.

I mean I wasn't ogling him or anything but I certainly didn't seem him look out of shape.

Don't be ashamed of wanting to take hold of those love handles of his.

No Caption Provided

Mmmm...NOICE!

Avatar image for heroup2112
HeroUp2112

18401

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heroup2112 said:
@oopsislipped said:
@proteusxmanrxis said:

Wasn't he a Marine? Pretty sure he has taken care of himself more than they have also that is just sad. These people really need to move on with their lives.

@heroup2112 said:

People are body shaming Adam Driver? What's there to shame about his body?

That's what I was thinking. Sure he doesn't have the greatest body in the world but there's damn sure as shit nothing wrong with it.

I mean I wasn't ogling him or anything but I certainly didn't seem him look out of shape.

Don't be ashamed of wanting to take hold of those love handles of his.

No Caption Provided

Mmmm...NOICE!

Love handles? Where?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

929

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@oopsislipped said:
@heroup2112 said:
@oopsislipped said:
@proteusxmanrxis said:

Wasn't he a Marine? Pretty sure he has taken care of himself more than they have also that is just sad. These people really need to move on with their lives.

@heroup2112 said:

People are body shaming Adam Driver? What's there to shame about his body?

That's what I was thinking. Sure he doesn't have the greatest body in the world but there's damn sure as shit nothing wrong with it.

I mean I wasn't ogling him or anything but I certainly didn't seem him look out of shape.

Don't be ashamed of wanting to take hold of those love handles of his.

No Caption Provided

Mmmm...NOICE!

Love handles? Where?

Oh they're there in just the right amount.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

509

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't think anyone was making fun at him for that. He's not fat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

929

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't think anyone was making fun at him for that. He's not fat.

I suspect tj849 is in fact Adam Driver. No worries tj your super sexy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

12104

Forum Posts

19

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

i still dun geddit

Avatar image for JPPT1974
JPPT1974

130

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah as Adam Drivers is famous. And someone else is not. Sad but true.

Avatar image for removekebab
removekebab

3794

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When males see something better than them, they either deal with it or try to rise up to that level.

When females see something better(or younger) than then, they try to bring it down to their level.

It's just nature.

Avatar image for mimisalome
mimisalome

5908

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By mimisalome

All i can say is you shouldnt let other peoples opinion about you affect you unless they actually lead to serious physical danger or harm or tangible disruption of your daily routine or loss of livelihood.

Either grow some skin, try to "fix" your "fault" and improve yourself (If the criticism actually matters to you), or lock yourself up on some safe space away from human society.

Avatar image for the_stegman
the_stegman

40461

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#29 the_stegman  Moderator

His body is fine. Not everyone can look like Henry Cavill or Chris Hemsworth with their shirts off.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

3906

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@itouchedtheboat said:
@oopsislipped said:

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

I agree, I can't even explain why that is lol. Women being victims of such acts actually get me sad and worried, where as the opposite can be funny hahaha

How is any rape funny?

idk It's not even easy to explain. Basically I only care if it's funny, It's not really my interest whyit's funny. I don't get paid to analyze humour lol

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

1257

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@oopsislipped said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

this is legit. I do stand up and I found that if i replace a woman in distress with a man in distress (distress such as rape situations, discrimination, looking stupid etc.) in my jokes a lot more people laugh, and the crowd reaction is a lot more positive.

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

I agree, I can't even explain why that is lol. Women being victims of such acts actually get me sad and worried, where as the opposite can be funny hahaha

It's because or our nature. It's scary how often social scientists ignore psychology as a factor for things.

As a species men are suppose to be strong, obviously we still show men sympathy to varying degrees as individuals but on level we dislike males that show weakness. Feminists talk a good game about pretending to care about this but they are worse than useless.

Of course we people feel sympathy for men but if a man gets raped or beaten it's a lot easier to spin it as humorous "look at that man, he's weak, if he was stronger he wouldn't be in such a pitiful display, it's mans job to be strong"

Whereas is it's a woman being raped or beaten it's a lot harder to make it seem funny "oh no, the woman is being attacked, it's mans job to protect them"

Avatar image for dernman
Dernman

26559

Forum Posts

10082

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Dernman

I wouldn't worry about his weight as it can be fixed. I'd worry more about his face. There's no fixing that.

Avatar image for tj849
tj849

8569

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By tj849

@oopsislipped said:
@emperor_jar_jar said:

I didn't think anyone was making fun at him for that. He's not fat.

I suspect tj849 is in fact Adam Driver. No worries tj your super sexy.

Smh, im not saying hes fat, people are taking the piss out of his body for how wide it is and its became a meme (which I think is stupid). But fat shaming is a horrific thing to do, no matter what nowadays, imagine if you saw pillows of fat people being made.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

8393

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

I don't think Drivers got anything to worry about he's pretty ripped and was a freaking marine...

And fat shaming is a sensitive subject because fat people actually have something to worry about because they are fat and look terrible

Avatar image for doofasa
Doofasa

2229

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hmmm I'm pretty sure my wife thinks Driver's body is A-Okay.

Avatar image for slimj87d
slimj87d

15680

Forum Posts

397

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for khael
Khael

15331

Forum Posts

567

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's not even fat, he's buffed but the pants just made him look funny.

Being fat is okay but it's just unhealthy, just saying.

Avatar image for doofasa
Doofasa

2229

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And to answer the OP's topic, for me the people "shaming" him are pulling the piss, as there is nothing to be ashamed about. It can be funny to mock something about someone that isn't true however it tends to be offensive when it is true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

2795

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think he's a very handsome man, but those pants were goofy.

Avatar image for wut
Wut

7686

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By Wut

My mind: 'Who the [expletive] is Adam Driver?'

Upon Viewing Thread: Oh, Kylo Ren. Curiosity sated. Off I go.

Avatar image for tomkatie
Tomkatie

3608

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It won't be much consolation if he's said he's sensitive about his body, but the dude is built af!

Guy was in the Marines, he's a bona fide badass

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

3906

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@itouchedtheboat said:
@oopsislipped said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

this is legit. I do stand up and I found that if i replace a woman in distress with a man in distress (distress such as rape situations, discrimination, looking stupid etc.) in my jokes a lot more people laugh, and the crowd reaction is a lot more positive.

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

I agree, I can't even explain why that is lol. Women being victims of such acts actually get me sad and worried, where as the opposite can be funny hahaha

It's because or our nature. It's scary how often social scientists ignore psychology as a factor for things.

As a species men are suppose to be strong, obviously we still show men sympathy to varying degrees as individuals but on level we dislike males that show weakness. Feminists talk a good game about pretending to care about this but they are worse than useless.

Of course we people feel sympathy for men but if a man gets raped or beaten it's a lot easier to spin it as humorous "look at that man, he's weak, if he was stronger he wouldn't be in such a pitiful display, it's mans job to be strong"

Whereas is it's a woman being raped or beaten it's a lot harder to make it seem funny "oh no, the woman is being attacked, it's mans job to protect them"

this may be too much truth than people are willing to admit lol

Avatar image for majorsour
MajorSour

389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@itouchedtheboat said:
@oopsislipped said:
@itouchedtheboat said:

this is legit. I do stand up and I found that if i replace a woman in distress with a man in distress (distress such as rape situations, discrimination, looking stupid etc.) in my jokes a lot more people laugh, and the crowd reaction is a lot more positive.

I really hate to admit it but man on woman rape jokes are absolutely appalling whereas woman on man or man on man rape jokes are pretty funny.

I agree, I can't even explain why that is lol. Women being victims of such acts actually get me sad and worried, where as the opposite can be funny hahaha

It's because or our nature. It's scary how often social scientists ignore psychology as a factor for things.

As a species men are suppose to be strong, obviously we still show men sympathy to varying degrees as individuals but on level we dislike males that show weakness. Feminists talk a good game about pretending to care about this but they are worse than useless.

Of course we people feel sympathy for men but if a man gets raped or beaten it's a lot easier to spin it as humorous "look at that man, he's weak, if he was stronger he wouldn't be in such a pitiful display, it's mans job to be strong"

Whereas is it's a woman being raped or beaten it's a lot harder to make it seem funny "oh no, the woman is being attacked, it's mans job to protect them"

Pretty much this, the same logic would be relevant for body-shaming in the OP as well.

I've watched anime where males getting sexually assaulted is treated as some sort of comedy, whereas outside of pornography I have never heard of the reverse. Even though I know its double standards I find the sexual assault scenes entertaining all the same, albeit with some cringing, not because I'm a male and I find that confusing within in my pants but rather its not my cup of tea.

Avatar image for outside_85
Outside_85

23518

Forum Posts

18735

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Adam grew thick skin after FA where he was mocked for all his whining emo fanboy portrayal of Kylo Ren.

So now he bulked up and dares people say it to his face :)

Anyways, this part is not really the same as mocking someone for being fat. One is getting mocked for putting the hours in the gym to look like he does, so he could take it as ironic mocking, a reverse compliment. Fat shaming on the other hand is generally always mean-spirited and ill-meant... like you don't normally hear anyone getting complimented for being overweight or obese.