Why is Donald Trump perceived as an "alpha male" by his supporters?

#1 Edited by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump is often referred to as an alpha male who dominates conversations and political settings with utter ease... at-least, that's how he is characterized by his supporters.

Personally, I don't understand how he's an alpha male. He's extremely petulant and insecure. In my opinion, here's the difference between how an alpha would approach a situation vs. how Trump would approach a situation:

• A high school athlete walks down the hallway. His rival goes up to him and proclaims "You suck at basketball, just give up."
  • Alpha's approach : "Okay, buddy." And then he moves on, more or less unaffected because he's confident and self-assured.
  • Trump's approach: "You're fake news. So horrible, the way you're treating me. I talk to people all the time, and they tell me what a great player I am. I do a tremendous job, I really do. I think I'm one of the best players you've ever seen. You should apologize, right now."

We've seen this kind of response from Trump numerous times... how is this indicative of an alpha mindset?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
#2 Edited by deactivated-5d7ad417f1919 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

They believe he's an alpha because he says whatever he feels like, he doesn't care who he offends, or who he pisses off. He supposedly doesn't cater to anyone.

#3 Edited by mimisalome (5877 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did you get such definition of an Alpha?

Alpha males always display and impose their dominance on anyone who challenge them.

#4 Edited by DanielDaRipper (6043 posts) - - Show Bio

Has he been called an alpha before? I know Ice Cube said he had big balls one time but that's about it. He just comes off as someone who's brutally blunt if you ask me.

#5 Posted by mrmonster (17152 posts) - - Show Bio

Because a lot of them can't tell the difference between "alpha male" and "asshole." They think that being an alpha male means hurling 3rd grade level insults on Twitter because Alec Baldwin or Stephen Colbert did a very mean and unfair impression of you. To me, it's the opposite; a true alpha male should have some self-control and emotional stability. And it definitely means not having tantrums everyone someone dares to criticize you.

And maybe this wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the fact that when Trump is in the presence of someone like Putin or Jong-Un, aka the times when he should buck up and be an alpha male, he suddenly becomes this.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
#6 Posted by Ozzy_ManuelDiaz (991 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Well...if you compare it to our closest neighbor, Canada than its quite easy to know who is the beta and the alpha based on simple binary thinking
No Caption Provided

Trump:

• banged Stormy Daniels
  • banged a lot of woman actually
  • doesn't give a f...

Trudeau:

• crosses legs weirdly
  • pink and purple socks
  • uses fake eye brows
  • really politically correct

#7 Posted by mrmonster (17152 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how real men talk to and about our enemies.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This is how a coward does.

Loading Video...

#8 Posted by King-Ragnar (5181 posts) - - Show Bio

He grabs them by the pussy. That's why Magister.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#9 Posted by buttersdaman000 (23240 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody who thinks Trump is an "Alpha" male is probably a "Beta" male IRL.

Actually, that goes to anybody who sincerely uses those terms.

#10 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by MetalJimmor (6839 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a decent population of folks who legitimately believe that caring about how other people feel or being diplomatic is a sign of weakness and that to be a "true alpha" you need to have no inner inhibitor on what you say and do.

Usually this world view is adopted because they don't have a strong grasp on social graces and want to convince themselves that such things are for the weak.

The funny thing is that an alpha in nature isn't necessarily the biggest and baddest animal in a group that bullies everyone else with solitary strength. In many more intelligent species, like primates, the alpha will be the one most skilled in socializing and getting other animals to like them so that when the bigger animal tries to pick a fight they have a whole pack backing them up.

As it turns out being rude and stand offish is actually not a great way to assert authority over others in nature.

#12 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 as the perfect example of a Beta Male, I think you're a pretty good expert for this thread

#13 Posted by cKarma (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao all the salty betas in this thread

#14 Posted by Leonhardt (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people actually think he’s “Alpha”? Not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion.

#15 Posted by ANTHP2000 (31178 posts) - - Show Bio

OP just seems salty that Trump's probably more alpha than him.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#16 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha male? The guy trailed behind G7 leaders in a freakin' golf cart. His wife is more of an alpha male than he is.

#17 Posted by ourmanuel (13901 posts) - - Show Bio

Cuz conservatives have double digit IQs

#18 Posted by Pipxeroth (9816 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably has something to do with them not being very smart

#19 Edited by AbstractRaze (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

He goes against the status quo in the U.S, the FED hates him, he doesn't rely in sounding nice, he never resorted to oratory in order to reach the people, rather, he reaches the people through character, he openly says uncomfortable truths, he is the first American leader who has the balls in order to rehabilitate the American economy in time, and fend off China.

#20 Posted by Crevanille (802 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair Trump has the luxury of being overly blunt or rude as some people say. His money affords him that luxury. Think how many people would love to express themselves endlessly the way Trump has. As long as Trump has the funds to speak the way he does, he'll keep talking the way he does. That and he never pays for his actions.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#21 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7132 posts) - - Show Bio

OP just seems salty that Trump's probably more alpha than him.

#22 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy... You act like most of the leftist candidates don't support absolutely ridiculous concepts.

#23 Posted by ourmanuel (13901 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent said:
@ourmanuel said:

Oh boy... You act like most of the leftist candidates don't support absolutely ridiculous concepts.

ridiculous concepts like?

#24 Edited by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

ridiculous concepts like?

Open borders, green new deal, white guilt, etc.

#25 Posted by SpareHeadOne (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is hiding his feminine side

#26 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by adamantine (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: California which is leftist Central has the 3rd lowest IQ average in the US and he's double digit....

OT: he's not alpha I think he's kinda insucure, he's not willing to take any criticism without saying something back.

#28 Posted by ourmanuel (13901 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by KingOfWakanda (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha? With hands that small?

#30 Posted by BlueEcho (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly just wish fulfilment.

#31 Edited by AbstractRaze (3248 posts) - - Show Bio
@adamantine said:

@ourmanuel: California which is leftist Central has the 3rd lowest IQ average in the US and he's double digit....

OT: he's not alpha I think he's kinda insucure, he's not willing to take any criticism without saying something back.

When you go to one of the lowest developed nations, in their lowest neighborhoods, at least people shit in the river or in the ocean, but when you go to California, people shit on the streets.

At this point, Californians can't be considered as Americans anymore, you don't shit where you eat, furthermore, a lot of families from the high and middle class have moved away from California.

California is a shithole, is not American at this point, shouldn't be considered as part of the constitution anymore, unless order and justice is restored in California via military intervention, California needs a political cleanse, because a lot of the governmental political leadership is corrupt.

#32 Posted by godzilla44 (7963 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone in this thread rn

No Caption Provided

#33 Posted by KoLKent (1591 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#36 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3126 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha male? Take 10 men, put them in the jungle and see how long Trumps lasts compared to the others

#37 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by Nucleon (4174 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: Here's something I read somewhere from a political board (it isn't from me - I am Canadian):

Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a stupid man's idea of an intelligent man, and a weak man's idea of a strong person.

#39 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for captain_narlowe
#40 Edited by Captain_Narlowe (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: Change the other men with 9 teenage girls and i would still bet against the Donald, credit cards don't work so well in the jungle ☺.

#41 Posted by Kirkseven (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess they have one thing in common with black people. ;)

Mostly him not giving a shit about political correctness if I had to guess.

#42 Posted by Nelomaxwell (14197 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Alec Baldwin smashing his wife?

#43 Posted by jagernutt (17842 posts) - - Show Bio

• Well...if you compare it to our closest neighbor, Canada than its quite easy to know who is the beta and the alpha based on simple binary thinking
No Caption Provided

Trump:

• banged Stormy Daniels
  • banged a lot of woman actually
  • doesn't give a f...

Trudeau:

• crosses legs weirdly
  • pink and purple socks
  • uses fake eye brows
  • really politically correct

This