Why do people still praise Michael Jackson?

• 73 results
Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Yes, he had talent, but is that really enough to mask the fact that he molested children? I mean, he paid people to keep quiet. It even disgusts me that he even has a show in Disney World that just praises how good of a dancer and singer he is. Hell, people still crown him as the king of pop. Yes, you can listen to his music, you can enjoy whatever he had to offer, but people have to understand that he wasn't a god, he wasn't perfect, none of that. He was just a serial pedophile. For those of you who don't think he wasn't a pedophile, the proof is in the pudding. Quit deluding yourself.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've never understood why people think others should care what artists though personally/morally. They're artists, they're job is to provide entertaining music, movies, etc. and that's all I care about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He's the king of pop, simple as that. I hate when people act like molesting someone or raping someone overrides everything great that they have done. Kobe is still an amazing ball player. Mike Tyson is still one of the best boxers ever. Michael Jackson is still the king of pop and one of the most important, most influential musicians ever. Who cares about anything else? This is assuming he actually did whatever you claim he did. I don't know nor do I wish to know any of the evidence or details, because it doesn't matter. Yeah he's not perfect but we all make mistakes. Who are we to judge anyone? Michael Jackson is the man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently your some sort of peeping tom If you know forafact that he molested children. Did you enjoy watching?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Cream_God

I like pudding

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marshall_Long

As long as they make good music thats fine with me, I don't care what they did in their personal lives cause I don't know them personally.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well

dude

Guy just had some damn catchy songs

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've never understood why people think others should care what artists though personally/morally. They're artists, they're job is to provide entertaining music, movies, etc. and that's all I care about.

It does when they are in jail and can't make music.

Not a big fan of Gucci but I would be really annoyed with the amount of time he spends in prison when he could be dropping music.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not that I listen to MJ music, but I agree with this. Same way how I can watch Mel Gibson movies haha.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

It does when they are in jail and can't make music.

Not a big fan of Gucci but I would be really annoyed with the amount of time he spends in prison when he could be dropping music.

Fair point I admit.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't give a sh*t what he was accused of doing. He made fantastic music, that's his job, he did it well. Good enough for me.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Even if he did molest those kids, it's not going to erase all the music he made. The man put out hits like Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Rock Your World, Billie Jean, Bad, Beat It, Rock With You, Remember The Time, Jam, and crap load more.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is not always black & white.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Proof he molested them? That's right there was no evidence he ever did anything apart from opportunistic losers that wanted his money. Also lmao @ his charges as if they affected the quality of his music, the man wrote the greatest pop tunes of all time, some losers that can't work for their money won't affect the fact he is one of the best musical artists of the 20th century.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DBVSE7

No one is perfect.. no reason to keep going back to that BS when the guy is dead. Why can't people just let it go and let the guy be at peace?

Look at his life, it's not like it was all sunshine and blue sky's.. the guy didn't have a childhood and who knows the crap he went through as the "golden child" that's probably covered up. Leave it alone and move on.

He was the King of Pop ad he'll always be. He's made timeless music that flipped the entertainment industry. Without him, the entertainment industry wouldn't be the same.

He's praised because there's no one like him. He set the bar so high, that it may not ever be reached by anyone else in that Genre.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you know he did that for sure though?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people praise him? Because people don't care. You can argue what makes them not care and I've got a few theories but that's the reason.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I respect and love his music. What he did on his own time is all him.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zaied

Because he's one of the most influential musicians ever, and there's no evidence that he actually molested any children. The accusations came and went, and quite simply most people don't care what adults do.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86: What are you laughing at in your av?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

The bigger question is why are people still accusing MJ of molesting? The accusations were NEVER proven. And besides, the man is dead. Give it a rest people.

Beata

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

puddin pop?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people recognaize him for what he did the pop genre, they don't care if he was a good person or a bad one.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is, why is justin bieber still alive.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KingVenus

Michael Jackson is a legend. Michael Jackson is one of the biggest known contributors to music ever... Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. Michael Jackson is still praised because people love his music.. simple as that. Michael Jackson's music will live on for years if not centuries. Get over it.

@doctor_wheatley said:

The real question is, why is justin bieber still alive.

Rude...

The bigger question is why are people still accusing MJ of molesting? The accusations were NEVER proven. And besides, the man is dead. Give it a rest people.

Beata

Still to this day i don't believe the accusations. I don't believe Michael would do anything as stupid.. to disgrace his career and good name..

@zaied said:

Because he's one of the most influential musicians ever, and there's no evidence that he actually molested any children. The accusations came and went, and quite simply most people don't care what adults do.

^ This..

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just shake my head when people still accuse him of molesting. Those people simply wanted to get money out of an insanely rich and popular entertainer

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was good but I don't think he was great

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Hell, people still crown him as the king of pop.

Right, people still crown him as the King of Pop because that title is relevant to his artistic excellence as a musician. His personal life, however, isn't relevant to that.

Also, whether or not he actually molested children is questionable. I'm assuming you've seen it all or have this evidence on video tape, correct? A lot of those claims against him were just attempts to get paid, anyway.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering you have no actual proof he did those things

And made of the things were just attempts by people to get paid

Yeah......

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the way I see it, there are two "parts" to artists, what they do for their art, and who they are as people.

I personally haven't looked into the validity of the molestation case so I might as well flip a coin, but assuming he did do it, you can absolutely hate him, and I agree he shouldn't be an icon himself. However, a lot of people (I don't really include myself in this) really enjoyed his music, and so to a degree you have to respect him for that.

Same with, say, van gogh. The dude was a psycho, but my artsy friends tell me he's a pretty decent painter.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people recognaize him for what he did the pop genre, they don't care if he was a good person or a bad one.

Speaks volumes about society as a whole, doesn't it? Granted, it was never proven, but if it had been & people chose to overlook it? That's almost as bad as the crime itself.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By TheDandyMan
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can you please post a link to the "proof" that he molested children?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo disrespectful...

Look...Like many have already said, there is no proof he molested any child. If you don't like the guy or they way he lived his life, fine, but to bring this up when the man has past on is just poor taste imo.

The fact of the matter is that even if you don't like the man or his music, he is considered by many (fans, music lovers, artist themselves) to be the greatest performer/entertainer ever and his music has brought joy to a lot of people for decades, and it's just pure negligence to act like you don't understand that and bring up something there is no proof of to try and discredit him. *smh*

...c'mon man -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

The fact that everyone here is waving off an artists rape as okay because they don't care as long as they do what they're supposed to do is kind if scary to me.

In the case of MJ wasn't it never proven though?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that everyone here is waving off an artists rape as okay because they don't care add long as they do what they're supposed to do is kind if scary to me.

Same.

The first time was settled out of court, and he was acquitted the second time.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Because he was awesome

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well personally, I still don't think he did it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALLEGEDLY

BB

Avatar image for senior_cuddlebuns
senior_cuddlebuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It's about separating the artist's work from the artist them self. Is it right to judge how good art is when you have the bias of the artist's life which probably has nothing to do with the art itself? Unless their life has some context with their art, you can separate the artist from the work they do.

It's the same way I can recognize that Chris Benoit was an extremely talented technical wrestler, my favorite wrestler of all time and I can still watch his matches and recognize he was a terrible human being (more tragic than anything as his career wrecked his brain and that's why I think he went loony, but that's another point)

Gandhi slept in the bed naked with his grandaughter, and he seemed to have hated darker complexion people. Sure, they're terrible, but it's not going to overshadow everything he did.

_Ulysses_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wat

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#47  Edited By Black_Claw

Beata

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wolverine008

The fact that everyone here is waving off an artists rape as okay because they don't care as long as they do what they're supposed to do is kind if scary to me.

Sorry if that's what it sounded like I was trying to elucidate. What I meant that if the OP meant why do people still praise Michael Jackson's music, then I don't care about the molestation accusations because Jackson's morality/actions isn't of any relation to the quality. I was just saying that because I don't like someone from a personal standpoint that I still can't enjoy their product.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MonsterStomp

@albusan said:

Everything is not always black & white.

Come over to the grey side.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like his music, regardless of the allegations made against him. Would you hate on your favourite actor if he was suddenly accused of raping someone?