why do people prefer FFVII over FFVIII

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chaos-soul

i my self think VIII is better and dont like VII at all. but thats just me i also think IV is better than both

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

Final Fantasy 8 introduced a new system to replace MP with junctions or whatever it was called. Since this was different from the norm (and, admittedly, could be exploited pretty well), a lot of people didn't like it.

Also, the story and character's could turn people off, what with Squall's natural evolution of Cloud's angsty attitude, except without the mental illnesses.

That being said I enjoyed what I played of it.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chaos-soul
@Sparda:  well ur the only person that has given an answer that was not stupid as hell(well not the only but i like urs the most) i did this on giant bomb and some answers are just well bias..... putting it lightly 

i dont even really VII
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Junctioning -> Materia.

I liked Final Fantasy VII over Final Fantasy VIII (that of which I also liked). I need to finish the former, though. I may have to get it off of eBay since EB and Gamestop no longer carry PS1 games.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Sparda

I love Giantbomb, and for the most part, it's community, but I will say that a large number of people on there have a tendency to be assholes. It's a game forum, it's sort of inevitable.

I like VII a bit, but it was before my time. My first impressions weren't good because I played it when I was pretty young and I couldn't appreciate RPGs that much. It's a minor point as well, but the game's visuals haven't aged very well either (I know, gameplay over graphics but call me a simpleton I'd like big flashy effects to go with my X pressing, thank you).

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chaos-soul
@Sparda: lol i played thru seven when i was younger with the aid of my uncle and again later when i could understand it. and i hated it. all the chars felt stale to me. they felt a lil to western for a jrpg which turned me away from them. the chars in VIII where the same way a lil bit less though
Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gene_Pool

I just didn't care for most of the characters in VIII.... I mean, they were nice, but forgettable, know what I mean? None of them stick with me.  Whereas 7 has a slew of characters, most of whom I whole-heartedly love.  

So the reason I like seven more than eight is because of the characters. And I liked the story a lot more in 7 too.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I stopped playing Final Fantasy when it left Super Nintendo

Avatar image for radicalcannibal
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RaDicalCannibal

I don't like final fantasy!

I like WRPGS!! & SHOOTERS WEEE DOGGY, AMERICA YEA!

CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By CortSether

Because Final Fantasy VIII has a crappy story with the worst battle system ever. 

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By burr787

Nostalgia

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chaos-soul
@Gene_Pool said:
" I just didn't care for most of the characters in VIII.... I mean, they were nice, but forgettable, know what I mean? None of them stick with me.  Whereas 7 has a slew of characters, most of whom I whole-heartedly love.   So the reason I like seven more than eight is because of the characters. And I liked the story a lot more in 7 too. "
wow i hate just about all the chars from VII they all suk to me
squall > cloud in my book
tifa > zell
the rest of the VIII cast > VII's 
quistice is the best female final fantasy char ever
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CortSether
@chaos-soul said:
" @Gene_Pool said:
" I just didn't care for most of the characters in VIII.... I mean, they were nice, but forgettable, know what I mean? None of them stick with me.  Whereas 7 has a slew of characters, most of whom I whole-heartedly love.   So the reason I like seven more than eight is because of the characters. And I liked the story a lot more in 7 too. "
wow i hate just about all the chars from VII they all suk to me squall > cloud in my book tifa > zell the rest of the VIII cast > VII's  quistice is the best female final fantasy char ever "
Let's see.

Squall = Whiny emo kid.
Quistice = Nerd with a whip
Selphie = Pre-pubescent dweeb with a rope
Rinoa = hobag that uses her dog as a weapon (WTF?)
Zell = homo in a very bad way
Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Acer

Ive always liked 8 but its been a while since ive played both.

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OhTru

mini-games

Sub Marine Battles
Snowboarding
Defending the Fort Condor Castle
Cath Sith sub quest
Choco  Square

Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gene_Pool
@CortSether said:
" @chaos-soul said:
" @Gene_Pool said:
wow i hate just about all the chars from VII they all suk to me squall > cloud in my book tifa > zell the rest of the VIII cast > VII's  quistice is the best female final fantasy char ever "
Let's see.  Squall = Whiny emo kid. Quistice = Nerd with a whip Selphie = Pre-pubescent dweeb with a rope Rinoa = hobag that uses her dog as a weapon (WTF?) Zell = homo in a very bad way "

I have to disagree with this, Rinoa's not a hobag and she gets her power later. Not everyone starts off a badass. As for Zell and his hot dog fetish, we shouldn't overlook the fact that Vii is seemingly filled with "homos." ;D
CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CortSether
@Gene_Pool said:
" @CortSether said:
" @chaos-soul said:
" @Gene_Pool said:
Let's see.  Squall = Whiny emo kid. Quistice = Nerd with a whip Selphie = Pre-pubescent dweeb with a rope Rinoa = hobag that uses her dog as a weapon (WTF?) Zell = homo in a very bad way "
I have to disagree with this, Rinoa's not a hobag and she gets her power later. Not everyone starts off a badass. As for Zell and his hot dog fetish, we shouldn't overlook the fact that Vii is seemingly filled with "homos." ;D "
I dislike 7 as well.

But I like it more than VIII.

X was good, though. Kimahri Ronso was badass.
Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gene_Pool
@CortSether:
X was alright for me. Wakka's a loveable older brother type, Lulu's dialogue is entertaining, plus it has my personal favorite FF ga .  

Although that'll probably change once XIII comes out, cuz Lightning's so far turning out to be a total badass. 7's always been my favorite though, cuz there are so many characters in it that I love.