Why do people get so worked up over big game hunting??

• 183 results
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

So, apparently some dentist payed $55,000 to hunt and kill a lion in Zimbabwe and now his business has been shut down due to all the death threats he's been getting and people are blasting his personal life all over the net. Granted, he paid the money to specifically lure out a famous, national protected lion from it's protected habitat, but still, the authorities are going to charge him accordingly. So why do people feel the need for internet vigilantism whenever some popular social cause rustles their jimmies? I mean like it or not, a lions life isn't worth ruining the life of a man, his family, his employees, and his employees families :/

People > animals

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rpgesus

Well if he committed a crime then it's hard to argue for him...

and dude its clearly the left. That's their tactic shut things down that don't fit their little fantasy. They don't care about the employees or their families because their the first to demonize capitilaism which gave them everything they own

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

Well if he committed a crime then it's hard to argue for him...

and dude its clearly the left. That's their tactic shut things down that don't fit their little fantasy. They don't care about the employees or their families because their the first to demonize capitilaism which gave them everything they own

He committed a crime that he's paying for through legal channels. Being sentenced and fined is a far cry from death threats and his business being shut down. I just think it's funny because we don't even see this type of response aimed towards murderers but as soon as you kill a puppy, disagree with gay marriage, or say something racist (not that I support anyone who does or says these things) your ass is grass as far as the internet is concerned.

IDK. I'm not really into politics so...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

because it's not hunting...hunting is where you take a rifle out to the woods and actually search for an animal...this guy paid to have a protected animal dragged out in front of him for him to shoot....not only is that as far from hunting as you can get but he killed an animal that we don't have a lot of left

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: who's he being charged by Zimbabwe or the US and who'd he pay the 55 grand too?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@buttersdaman000: who's he being charged by Zimbabwe or the US and who'd he pay the 55 grand too?

I guess wildlife authorities in Zimbabwe are charging him and whoever he payed the 55 g's to

because it's not hunting...hunting is where you take a rifle out to the woods and actually search for an animal...this guy paid to have a protected animal dragged out in front of him for him to shoot....not only is that as far from hunting as you can get but he killed an animal that we don't have a lot of left

He used a crossbow and i'm not supporting what he did, I just don't agree with the extreme reactions he's receiving from social justice warriors.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000:

He's a criminal, he committed a crime. It wasn't the first time either, the guy has a history of lawbreaking. I don't feel sorry for him. Would you feel sorry if he was a drug dealer and this was happening to him? What if he was a stalker? He ruined his own life, he needs to live with the consequences.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: eh I feel like if he payed legally in the US to do it then he won't be serving any time

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No Caption Provided

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rpgesus

@lunacyde: you're equating hunting animals to drug dealing or stalking? What the hell is wrong with you. He didn't break any US laws either. What are Zimbabwe laws the most fair and just in the world all of a sudden? When's the last drug dealer or stalked you harassed with death threats and revealing his personal info. This man was a business man that created more jobs than you ever will and you want this man to rot in jail with actual criminals like murderers and rapists

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@buttersdaman000:

He's a criminal, he committed a crime. It wasn't the first time either, the guy has a history of lawbreaking. I don't feel sorry for him. Would you feel sorry if he was a drug dealer and this was happening to him? What if he was a stalker? He ruined his own life, he needs to live with the consequences.

I'm not saying he didn't commit a crime, but why does he deserve death threats or his business shutting down?? If he was a drug dealer, we wouldn't even be hearing about this story because drugs aren't on SJW's radar.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@buttersdaman000: eh I feel like if he payed legally in the US to do it then he won't be serving any time

He won't serve time either way, but he'll be fined a sh*t ton

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot wrong with this story...

America's economy is pretty bad still and this guy drops about $25k more on a hunting trip than the average American makes yearly. That's pretty f***** up.

Then he kills an endangered and protected creature. Apparently a famous one too.

Overall, everything that dude did was pretty deplorable. Then you have to ad on all the obnoxious bragging the guy probably did later.

He is butting up against the current Social Justice Warrior (SJW) movement and the power of the internet. I generally think it is wrong that a person's personal life suffers for something innocuous or minor like an inconsiderate comment on the internet but killing one of the few remaining lions in the wild... in existence... is awful. He should suffer. If his business closes down he can't shell out $55k to go kill another lion.

I think he deserves the death threats and I hope someone breaks into his home, rapes him, and sets him on fire. I hope someone else does it the next week. And so on.

There is already enough of an industry built around murdering endangered creatures for food, medicine, trophies, etc. on the local scale. Rich A-holes flying in from abroad and paying what must amount to a local fortune only harms preservation efforts.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cause that Lion could have been a future husband for a PETA member

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rpgesus

@nothingclever: that may have been the most heinous post I've seen on here tbh. You are a parasite to which ever country you are from.

I mean I'm sitting here speechless at the hate, ignorance and garbage you just spewed. You not only want to tell people what to do and how to spend their hard earned money but you also agree with shutting down his business, receiving death threats and even said you hope he's raped and killed. You are a rat bum

Do you know if the 55,000 would save more lives than the one lion, do you know if the "famous" lion was old and dying or if it was even famous? Of course you don't you just say whatever "feels" right

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Why do you use the term Social Justice Warrior? Just Curious.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: the man has done more for America then you ever have, built a business, created jobs, helped people with dental problems and clearly had money to put into the economy. You probably don't even make what he paid in taxes to support the poor.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Whatta bitch he deserves anything he gets.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus:I don't care what you think. I'm a "parasite" because I voice a strong opinion? Lol.

People like him are scum. The world would be better off without him.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Why do you use the term Social Justice Warrior? Just Curious.

Because of the ferocity in the personal attacks towards this dude over a "social" issue -- animal "cruelty". And I put cruelty in quotes because it's not like this guy tortured the lion.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rpgesus

@nothingclever: no the world would be better without bum ass Peta lovers who think saying people should be raped, killed, lit on fire and economically ruined is somehow ok but going through legal channels to kill one lion isn't. That's sickening and too think your vote counts just as much as mine....

Oh and the world would be better without him? Are you gonna support the families without a job now? Are you going to do dental work on those who need it? You live in a fantasy land

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Those are a lot of assumptions to make bout someone you don't know on a internet message board about comics, son.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rpgesus

@saintofkillers: what assumptions? It's clear to see what kind of person he is when he advocating for the man to be raped, set on fire and killed over a lion, son

You can assume the business man is scum but not the lowlife saying he should die is... not scum, son?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cable_Extreme

I would love to go lion hunting, but I guess since they are near endangered I'll stick to horned creatures.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Haha, you mad bro? I hate PETA. They are idiots. But there are about 5 lions left in the wild thanks to people like this dentist. And my tax rate is most likely higher than his.

Doesn't sound like he went through legal channels to kill the lion.

I feel the same way about voting and Republican douchebags who think $ makes everything alright. Lol.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rpgesus

@nothingclever: there's 600+ lions in west and central africa. It's clear the dentist made more money than You so if you pay a higher tax rate then that's just bad accounting. He did everything completely legally in America and will most likely just be fined by the great nation of Zimbabwe. Also I'm not a Republican so idk where you going with that point lol

Also I'd rather celebrate the rich than demonizing them for being more successful than you

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cable_Extreme
NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: @cable_extreme: I was obviously not saying there were literally 5 lions left.

Its pretty funny how @rpgesus keeps supporting the dentist because of how much money he makes. What's up with that dude? Why don't you stop posting at me and go pursue a rich dentist like you seem to want to...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: you tried claiming you paid a higher tax rate than him LOL

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@rpgesus said:

@lunacyde: you're equating hunting animals to drug dealing or stalking? What the hell is wrong with you. He didn't break any US laws either. What are Zimbabwe laws the most fair and just in the world all of a sudden? When's the last drug dealer or stalked you harassed with death threats and revealing his personal info. This man was a business man that created more jobs than you ever will and you want this man to rot in jail with actual criminals like murderers and rapists

I never harassed anyone, so I'm not sure what your point is.

He is an actual criminal, if you can't see that then you're incapable of simple legal comprehension. He illegally poached a member of an endangered species that faces extinction breaking several regulations in the process. This guy isn't a hunter, he's a disgrace. Letting him go without punishment encourages further acts of cowardice like his that will inevitably lead the to the extinction of the African lion. Being a businessman doesn't protect him from the consequences of his actions. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions regardless of wealth or influence.

Drug dealers aren't ruining anyone's lives but their own, and the people who buy drugs from them. Both of those parties know the risks and are putting their own lives on the line as a personal decision. Suffice to say I believe this is not comparable to the possible extinction of a species for shits and giggles. There are laws protecting these animals for a reason. As for stalking the point was to show that murdering a defenseless animal that faces extinction is a serious crime and should be taken seriously. People like you take it as a joke. he knew what he was doing was wrong, he knew it was illegal. He deserves whatever legal consequences come from his actions. As far as his business, part of owning a business is projecting a positive message. Any business owner knows that his own personal actions may hurt his businesses image. When he decided to act illegally and with cowardice he knew the fact that this would reflect negatively on his business. Stop acting like he needs protected. he knew what he was doing and he should be punished for it just like anyone else would.

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Really? At most he is an anonymous troll in the internet. I wouldn't make any more Assumptions beyond that. Do I think that the dentist's life should be ruined for what he did? No, and I think he'll be fine. Specially if he has the money do this sort of things regularly.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rpgesus

@lunacyde: he broke no American laws hope you know that. Also you said drug dealers aren't ruining anyone's life but their own? Well there's where the conversation ends lmao

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintofkillers: dude he doesn't have a business anymore because of this according the OP

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: the way you typed it, if read correctly, says otherwise.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: @lunacyde: there is a bunch of violence revolving around drug trafficking and selling.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rpgesus

@cable_extreme: obviously lol like I said ignore things that don't fit their narrative

gangs, sex violence/prostitution, violence, little kids being offered or around drugs and recruited into gangs are all related to drug dealing. its literally ruined more black neighborhoods than you can count

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude's an asshole so f***'em

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@rpgesus: It doesn't matter if it's his personal business, it doesn't matter if the Lion was "old and dying", it doesn't matter what you morally think about it, he killed a organism of a beloved and threatened species (only about 18,500), so he must pay the time, whether it be with jail time or a huge fine.

Also, why are you using his wealth to justify his actions? It seems as if your whole argument is "If he has the money to do it he can do whatever" and "don't hate on him 'cause he has more money than you". Why does his wealth matter? It seems the ONLY person in this thread even mentioning how much cash he has is you, as if it benefits you or as if he's paying you to argue for him. Get off his nuts. I can believe your trying to justify what he's doing.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thoughts on this is that he knowingly broke the law, and as such he should get punished.

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SaintOfKillers

@rpgesus: No. People are calling him out. And the the story was published today. You don't go form being a succesful dentist to a being broke because of one day of people calling you out on social media. Also, apparently he has been doing this type of illegal "hunting" for a whilie, so it's not like he didn't know what he was getting into. And you saying that he never broke any american laws like that somehow makes it better.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: what do you mean those things dont matter?? because they dont matter to you? and like i said in the very first post, if he broke the law theres nothing anyone can do about it because he broke a law so what are you getting at. Im saying its ridiculous what happened to this man over something like this not whether hes going to get in trouble because he is, he broke a law

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lunacyde  Moderator

@cable_extreme: @cable_extreme:

Yes, there's also a lot of violence and harm from alcohol and that's completely legal.

Regardless you're getting off topic. The point is that he committed a serious crime, he knew the consequences, and the loss of his business is a natural part of free market economics. Business owners know how important image is. He is the face of the business and he gambled his business when he took part in behavior he knew was considered a serious crime.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rpgesus

@lunacyde: a crime so "Serious" america wont punish him and Zimbabwe is gonna just fine him.

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: The sad part is that he probably WON'T lose his bussines, if anything all this will make him super popular with a certain group of people.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rpgesus said:

@petey_is_spidey: what do you mean those things dont matter?? because they dont matter to you? and like i said in the very first post, if he broke the law theres nothing anyone can do about it because he broke a law so what are you getting at. Im saying its ridiculous what happened to this man over something like this not whether hes going to get in trouble because he is, he broke a law

I'm not trying to equate the killing of a man with a lion, but if someone went to court for killing an aged 95 year old man and said "Well he was gonna die soon anyways", that wouldn't matter, 'cause at the end of the day he KILLED HIM!

If someone beats his wife, it's HIS PERSONAL BUSINESS, but at the end of the day its still a crime.

It doesn't matter if the Lion was old or whether it was this man's personal business.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rpgesus
Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Blade_R

I am kind of a hypocrite when it comes to this, I am a huge fisherman, but I do not hunt (but I don't try to get others to stop, that's their choice) so eh, I am not a fan of hunting and wont do it, but others can if they want to.

As for this, he should be punished for breaking the law if he did in fact break a law by killing the animal, but there is no need to do send death threats and attempt to completely ruin his life like people love to do now (as if death threats aren't bad as well). I say let the guy be punished the proper way if his actions call for it and let him move on with his life.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: "im not going to equate killing a lion with killing a man" equates it with killing a man and domestic violence. gtfo of my mentions

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@lunacyde: a crime so "Serious" america wont punish him and Zimbabwe is gonna just fine him.

Why would amercan government punish him for a crime he committed in Zimbawe? Are you one of those people that think that if it's not illegal in amercia then it's ok to do it anywhere in the world?