Why do most people think that 90s was one of the best generation ever?

• 85 results
Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Personally I love a lot of the things that came out of the 90s, o I didn't really get to experience it much unless you count hand me downs and early 2000s which was like a continuation of 90s

What do think about 90s?

What did you hate and what did you love?

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was born in 89. I actually remember some of the 90's. But the 2000s are the most memorable for me. Those were my teenage years.

In the 90's the most memorable things for me is cartoons and shit. I liked Digimon, Beast Wars, Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man. Nintendo 64 was cool, but I don't think I got one until after 2000. I enjoyed some 90s games tho.

Professional Wrestling was also cool but I didn't start watching until Smackdown debuted, I didn't have cable as a kid. I grew up poor. :(

After I got into wrestling I used go to some hole in the wall vhs store and rent the old ppv events from the 90s. Good times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh the 90's.....good times.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well..it's when my kids were born so...yeah.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I was born in 91, so my memories of the 90s is vague. I remember cartoons and fun sitcoms.

I miss 90s clothes though, you could dress however you want and not be judged.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

The 90's had more than its fair share of suckage but nostalgia aficionados rarely if ever take that shit into the equation.

Though personally I believe the 80's relics are far worse at least for the time being...

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was born in '88. The 90's were the shit. From Nirvana to Notorious B.I.G. a lot of musical genres and sub-genres hit their golden age. Comics were pretty good. Cartoons like BTAS and X-Men were killing it. The working class could still live comfortably. And people still socialized and weren't glued to their phones 24/7. The US hadn't invaded the Middle East yet so there weren't terror attacks every other week.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk I grew up in the 2000s but was born in 93. For the years it happened I thought it was ok.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was born in 91, so my memories of the 90s is vague. I remember cartoons and fun sitcoms.

YESS

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was born in 1 my children

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only people that were born on the 90s say that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I thought you were older than that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By dernman

......because it was the last era before millennials were born. ugh

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

because change is bad

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Generation

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dernman said:

......because it was the last era before millennials were born. ugh

Literally everything i've ever read says that the millennials started in the 80s. So.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator
Kar-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kar-El

@thepreface: Exactly. The 90s were the golden age for most musical genres, hip hop especially. People were more creative in the 90s. It was probably the only time in history that wrestling was actually good because of Stone Cold and The Rock. There were barely any reality shows and the few that actually existed weren't popular. People had more money in the 90s thanks to a better economy and no wars (we had a couple skirmishes though), television was better. MTV, VH1 and BET actually played music videoes (and usually good music videos at that). Comic companies were also taking more chances back then and doing almost everything possible and even though u had a lot of comics that were utter crap u also had a lot that were groundbreaking and classic which set the stage for the modern age of comics in the 2000s to now.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Because it was.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Born in 92.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The 90's gets a lot of praise because it was a welcome relief from the 80's. The 80's sucked.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I was born in the 90s, cartoons were awesome in the 90s, Connor Kent was created in the 90s. That's why I like the 90s.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably bias and/or nostalgia.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

People always claim their teenage/early adult years were the best.

That's why a lot of your parents (assuming you're not old enough to be one at the moment) always say "I miss the 70's, 80's", and why a lot of millennials miss the 90's. "Every generation is the best generation" (well except the 20's. Those years were hell).

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it was (early 2000s count as well).

/thread

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the 90's were not that special or memorable. In terms of pop culture, many other recent decades have had more impact and distinctive feel/style/whatever. If I had to rank them (post 50's), I might go like: 60's, 80's, 70's, 90's, 00's/10's.

People always claim their teenage/early adult years were the best.

I think generally this is true.

Kar-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Actually, Conner Kent was created in 2003 and was retconned into almost a whole new character. He was basically dumbed down into being a hybrid of Superman & Lex Luthor's genes. The 90s pre-retcon Superboy had no name until Superman gave him the Kryptonian name of Kon-El in 1999. And he was a metahuman clone of Paul Westfield genetically altered to look like Superman and manipulate his bio-electric aura into a telekentic field. Sorry to be such a fact nazi but they are not technically the same

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last of big haired 80:s bands. Birth of grunge music and alternative.Hip hop/rap came alive 2-PAC, snoop etc. Beavis and butthead. WWFvWCWvs NWO...basic living was bette r people were becoming open minded you could be yourself more..people still talked to people not using the net but at the same time the net was born. People still looked up not down all the time. Far more creative. MTV actually played music.....I was in highschool until 95 so this was my time

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Born 93. Cartoons were the best.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman The animated series.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was born in 2002 so I don't know :(

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Born in '86 and the 90's were the best memories of my life. Before the responsibilities of adulthood grabbed me by the nads.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because teens and young adults of the 90's are now getting to the age where they sneer at teens/young adults of today and think of how good they had it by comparison. Doesn't something to that effect happen with every generation?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't know any better.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

@kar-el: I'm aware of all that. 90s Superboy and Connor Kent are the same character and Connor's 90s days are referenced several times.

No Caption Provided

He wasn't rectoned into some new character, he involved into a more mature character that featured most of the same qualities that his mature 90s self had. The Westfield history is no longer relevant because it was rectoned in the same way that Power Girl being an Atlantean and Hal Jordan going crazy were rectoned. Comic book characters go through changes with all the time. That's the nature of the medium.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I was only born in 95, so you can take this with a pinch of salt but the 90s were clearly awesome. Buffy, Deep Space Nine, Manic Street Preachers, Tori Amos, the incredible Red Wings team, wrestling at its finest, Digimon, Serie A being the best football (soccer) league in the world, Graf VS Seles, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 80's were better.

Kar-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Besides Powergirl i disagree. When Geoff Johns retconed those characters he dumbed them down and took away their unique attributes. The Hal Jordan retcon was the worst and if u understood continunity you'd see why. First off, the whole Parallax fear enity makes no sense...suppossedly he was trapped in the Central Battery for billions of years but the Central Battery was destroyed 2 or 3 times just since Hal has been Green Lantern. His "going crazy" was realistic and is similar to what happened to Anakin Skywalker: he wanted enough power to stop people from dying (or bring them back). "Emerald Twilight" gave Hal character (albeit a very Shakespearian one) and other "good guys" have did the same thing as him. Most notably Alexander Luthor & Superboy Prime during Infinite Crisis. And if Hal was possessed by Parallax why did he avoid fighting and killing if possible and he even sacrificed himself to reignite the sun during "Final Night".

Conner changed a lot after the retcon. You claim that he matured but he became a weaker character: like when Kara Zor-El dislocated his jaw with one punch in Supergirl#4 but in Superboy#8 (pre-retcon) he got punched several times by the Pre-Crisis Superboy and was dazed but shook it off soon after. Conner also was incapsitated by a simple hand grenade in a fight with Jericho in Teen Titans# 3 or 4 (i can't remember which) but pre-retcon (and in his 2nd appearance in Adventures of Superman#501 Superboy was caught in an explosion that destroyed most of a city block and he wasn't even fazed by it. Being half Kryptonian means that he is only half as strong as Superman now, while pre-retcon he was potentially stronger (his alternate adult self: Black Zero was able to fight multiple alternate Superboys including the pre-Crisis Earth-One version all at once) as he was far more powerful than Superman was at age 16. Also after the retcon Superboy's trademark tactile telekinesis was mostly ignored (Conner claimed he didn't use it because he wanted to be more like Superman) which made little to no sense since Superboy could've used those powers to help save people and defeat enemies that were whuppin his ass. His fully human genes where also confirmed by Superman, Emil Hamilton, the Cadmus scientists who created him and Black Zero. Now granted, his personality didn't change that much but everything else sure did.

BBASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cause everything tend to suck now

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Because the music and cartoons were amazing.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ryagan said:

Because the music and cartoons were amazing.

So true

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By echostarlord117

Because most of us grew up then and nearly everyone thinks that their childhood was the best time of their life.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Cream_God

Technology surged as well as the economy.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 King_Saturn  Online

It just seemed like Television and Music was peaking in the 1990's. Then again, most people I associate with grew up in the 1990's so obviously our opinion would be biased towards this era. Just as someone who grew up in the early 2000's would see that era as the best.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

For what it's worth, MTV had good shows and actual music back then.

They had The Real World too but that's neither.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jurassic Park

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 90s were terrible for comics. It was the era where everything had to either be "EXTREME" or super edgy.