Why Did People Want Harry And Hermione To End Up Together?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

As a fan of the HP series for years who absolutely adores the novels I have wondered this question for years. Not only am I a fan of HarryXGinny and RonXHermione [Particularly the former] the idea of Harry and Hermione being together alienated me. There wasn't a hint of romantic attraction, not a tiny speck of romantic chemistry between the two. Harry and Ginny were pretty much perfect but Harry and Hermione. No they weren't. Why do people always see romance from a mere friendship between males and females in movies and books? It's almost like friendship isn't a thing anymore.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kilius

I never wanted Harry and Hermione to be together, I always hoped this wouldn't be the case. It's as he said they are like brother and sister. Tbh I always felt HxG was a bit sudden and forced. But HP is at it's core an adventure series so the romantic subplots really didn't impact my enjoyment of it in any case.

Vivec3629

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vivec3629

1. Many people have seen only the movies and not read the books. And Rupert and Emma have terrible chemistry, while Daniel and Emma have pretty good chemistry. Also Daniel and Bonnie have very flat chemistry themselves. AKA wouldn't it be better for Harry/Hermione to be a thing?

2. Many dislike Ron and Hermione for the Ron half, not really seeing what that have in common. Myself, I'm not a fan of the whole belligerent attraction thing, so they don't work for me. For others, a decent number of folks dislike Ron. And I'm sure a decent number dislike Hermione as well. Not to mention she's destined for great things as prime minister / president...and he's destined to work at his brother's shop with zero ambition and go on about the glory days of his teenage years. He's basically Ludo Bagman as an established adult.

Just answering your question. Not trying to convince you of anything.

Edit: Also aware this delves into cursed territory, so I also included reasons for the teenaged pair not being popular.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Which people?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Which people?

You've never see the toxic Harmione shippers on the internet. Count yourself lucky.

1. Many people have seen only the movies and not read the books. And Rupert and Emma have terrible chemistry, while Daniel and Emma have pretty good chemistry. Also Daniel and Bonnie have very flat chemistry themselves. AKA wouldn't it be better for Harry/Hermione to be a thing?

This is fair

2. Many dislike Ron and Hermione for the Ron half, not really seeing what that have in common. Myself, I'm not a fan of the whole belligerent attraction thing, so they don't work for me. Not to mention she's destined for great things as prime minister / president...and he's destined to work at his brother's shop with zero ambition and go on about the glory days of his teenage years. He's basically Ludo Bagman as an established adult.

He only went to the joke shop in CC which is non cannon regardless of what idiot Rowling says [Seriously how could you let a blatant butcherization of your universe be cannon] so he doesn't work in a joke shop as far as I'm concerned.

Just answering your question. Not trying to convince you of anything.

I know.

Vivec3629

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vivec3629

@riddlerfan77: Oh, I agree I'd rather thought he'd be more ambitious. Mainly I'm relatively ambivalent about canon as I'm used to bad canon decisions in my time lol. I liked the idea of him as an Auror myself. I just wanted to cover all avenues as I knew them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77: Oh, I agree I'd rather thought he'd be more ambitious. Mainly I'm relatively ambivalent about canon as I'm used to bad canon decisions in my time lol. I liked the idea of him as an Auror myself. I certainly wanted to cover all avenues as I knew them.

Agreed , the idea of Ron as an Auror fighting next to Harry like they used to in the good old days sounds a lot more interesting and fulfilling than him simply, running a joke shop.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilius said:

I never wanted Harry and Hermione to be together, I always hoped this wouldn't be the case. It's as he said they are like brother and sister. Tbh I always felt HxG was a bit sudden and forced. But HP is at it's core an adventure series so the romantic subplots really didn't impact my enjoyment of it in any case.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RBT

Because JKR cannot write a believable romance to save her life.

I'm not really a fan of Ron/Hermione pairing, tbh. Even though Harry/Ginny felt a bit forced, at least it was a healthy relationship. Ron/Hermione wasn't. Harry/Hermione most certainly wouldn't.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ron didn't have any sex appeal, while Hermione was very hot for a nerdy teen. So the teamup dind't work for those who didn't read the books. Potter, on the other side, was more on Hermione level and been the lead guy, with all ever-revolving around him, it made sense for him to get the girl. There was not enough Ginny in the story for anyone to care for her or to think of her as a logical love interest for the lead.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ron x Herminone was just poorly done trash was rushed in the last second.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Harry and Hermione’s relationship was great as it was and wouldn’t change a thing about it but I’m not a fan of Ron/Hermione at all or Harry/Ginny to be honest, I preferred Harry/Cho. I think the forced romantic couplings is one of the worst aspects of the books.

In terms of other people’s opinions, I think quite a lot found Ron to be quite annoying and didn’t really care about Ginny so they just wanted their two faves together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Ginny barely appears.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I didn't want any romance, none of them had this kind of chemistry, but obviously it was needed.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't particularly ship them, but I hate Ron and Hermione. She can do better than a scaredy cat ginger who does nothing but throw jealous tantrums.

Movie wise, Rupert and Emma has NO chemistry. This scene alone has more chemistry than Ron and Hermione had in 8 movies.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for blacklightdx111
BlacklightDX111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. I prefer friendship for Harry and Hermione.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted Her and Grawpy to get together

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Because they have no imagination. They believe that the lead male character should wind up with the lead female character. Boring. I prefer things the way they turned out...mostly. I would have picked Luna over Ginny, too but that's just 'cause Luna's my favorite female character. In that sense, I am probably as guilty as those who hoped for Harry and Hermione to knock boots.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like NaruSaku, lol.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amberprice: the only good relationships in naruto were asuma/kurenai and temari/shikamaru rest were forced dog trash specially sasuke/sakura

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: Luna>>>>every girl in hp

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_living_tribunal_24: agreed. I don't understand why Sakura married Sasuke even though he admitted 2 times that she's really annoying & even tried to kill her.

Sai x Ino also sucks. Ino is my 2nd fav Naruto character & I'm kinda disappointed that she ended up w/Sai, lol. Sasuke should've married Ino instead of Sakura imo.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amberprice: but tbh we wouldn't have sarada so I'm fine with it.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly like Ginny i just never liked Ron and felt Hermonie should have just went with Harry but as you said they really did have more of the brother sister love.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't particularly ship them, but I hate Ron and Hermione. She can do better than a scaredy cat ginger who does nothing but throw jealous tantrums.

Movie wise, Rupert and Emma has NO chemistry. This scene alone has more chemistry than Ron and Hermione had in 8 movies.

Loading Video...

That's what you call friendship not romance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Harry and Hermione’s relationship was great as it was and wouldn’t change a thing about it but I’m not a fan of Ron/Hermione at all or Harry/Ginny to be honest, I preferred Harry/Cho. I think the forced romantic couplings is one of the worst aspects of the books.

In terms of other people’s opinions, I think quite a lot found Ron to be quite annoying and didn’t really care about Ginny so they just wanted their two faves together.

A.K.A the worst coupling in the entire series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they have no imagination. They believe that the lead male character should wind up with the lead female character. Boring. I prefer things the way they turned out...mostly. I would have picked Luna over Ginny, too but that's just 'cause Luna's my favorite female character. In that sense, I am probably as guilty as those who hoped for Harry and Hermione to knock boots.

Why Luna?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Why I dislike Ron/Hermione? Because Harry and Ron were supposed to be Frodo and Sam of HP-verse, but Ron failed the test. He abandoned Harry, not once but twice. I felt that he doesnt't deserve Hermione (not to mention that he constantly hurts her feelings).

As for Ginny, her romance with Harry feels forced. If we saw them slowly getting closer (for example, Rowling could show us Ginny supporting him in GoF after Ron's abandonment or ignoring Dumbledore's orders by sending him letters in OotP), the romance could make more sense. The way it was in the books... let's just say it leads credence to the theories that Harry was fed love potions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why I dislike Ron/Hermione? Because Harry and Ron were supposed to be Frodo and Sam of HP-verse, but Ron failed the test. He abandoned Harry, not once but twice. I felt that he doesnt't deserve Hermione (not to mention that he constantly hurts her feelings).

Friendships fall apart but the point is they always get back together. Also Hermione and Ron were both jerks to each other at points but I felt like the development of their romance was great.

As for Ginny, her romance with Harry feels forced. If we saw them slowly getting closer (for example, Rowling could show us Ginny supporting him in GoF after Ron's abandonment or ignoring Dumbledore's orders by sending him letters in OotP), the romance could make more sense. The way it was in the books... let's just say it leads credence to the theories that Harry was fed love potions.

We saw her evolve over time, being herself around him rather than being awkward like in COS and we saw their friendship develop over the course of the books eventually evolving into something more in HBP. I don't see how it was forced.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77:

“A.K.A the worst coupling in the entire series.”

Fair enough lol. I agree it was nothing special, I just always had a soft spot for Cho and never really warmed to Ginny I guess.

Avatar image for blacklightdx111
BlacklightDX111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you like this gif?

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « hermione granger kiss harry potter gif »

...just kidding lol

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Propably beceuse Hermione deserves better than Ron.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklightdx111 said:

Do you like this gif?

...just kidding lol

I remember watching this in the cinema when I was like 13 or something. It was kind of weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mimisalome

In the early part of the novels

Hermoine is often portrayed as very concern with Harry with no string attached motivating her affections.

She is the girl who has always been with Harry since day one. When every body is treating Harry badly due to misunderstanding (even Ron at some times) she was always been Harry's moral support.

Hermoine helped Harry in her love problems whith Cho, his quarrels with Ron, his fights against Malfoy and Snapes.

Since she is a half-muggle herself who only just realized that she is a witch, the story about the "boy who live" is of little importance to her.

This is probably why people like her to be paired with Harry because she is genuinely understand Harry's predicaments.

Meanwhile Ginny is more of a girl infatuated with his idol, she is more into the legends surrounding Harry rather than for what he really is.

Of course after a while, Herm and Ron were portrayed as cat and dog Tsundere couple out of nowhere, and i guess the story just stick to that until the end.

Harry and Ginny feels very forced considering that Ginny by the mid-story out grew her feelings towards Harry and as a character she is largely insignificant and played very little role as Harry's support.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ships suck.

However HarryxGinny i did not like because Ginny is forgettable af

But still, I don't care who ends up with who, as long as the story is good.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, I was hoping that they would not develop a romantic relationship...