Who’s considered the Arnold Schwarzenegger of this generation: The Rock or Chris Hemsworth

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who’s considered the Arnold Schwarzenegger of this generation: The Rock or Chris Hemsworth (31 votes)

Dwayne Johnson 81%
Chris Hemsworth 6%
Other 13%
No Caption Provided

Meaning: Who’s closer to the iconic masculine action star, gymaholic, ladies’, and mans’s man, that Schwarzenegger embodied?

• 
mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnson doesn't have that flat, blunt, and emotionally awkward execution of Arnold.

Dwayne is too expressive and maybe even flambouyant to fit a "Schwarzenegger role".

Hemsworth is too slaptick in my opinion.

Both talk too much to be a man's man.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TurtleTortoise

Neither, Arnold was not good actor, but his charisma was unique & his movies were iconic.

Rock's & Thor's movies are really shallow. One is muscly cause steroids overdose, the other one looks good, that's all they got.

Ghostbuster, Men in Black, Thor movies are crappy asf, these movies are really offensive to someone with average iq, especially the first two movies mentiones.

Rock's movies are also retarded, Fast & Furious & his Scorpion king crap & Doom nonsense movie etc.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Rock. He's similarly jacked and charming, but also, like Arnie, not a great actor.

Hemsworth is a MUCH better actor than either and TBH this comparison does him a disservice.

And BTW, I love Arnie, I just don't think he's a very good actor, so don't bloody @ me.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4 Lunacyde  Moderator

The Rock, easily.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator

Neither, Arnold was not good actor, but his charisma was unique & his movies were iconic.

Rock's & Thor's movies are really shallow. One is muscly cause steroids overdose, the other one looks good, that's all they got.

Ghostbuster, Men in Black, Thor movies are crappy asf, these movies are really offensive to someone with average iq, especially the first two movies mentiones.

Rock's movies are also retarded, Fast & Furious & his Scorpion king crap & Doom nonsense movie etc.

Arnold is the King of movies that are so crappy they're good.

Dangannopoopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Rock. He's similarly jacked and charming, but also, like Arnie, not a great actor.

Hemsworth is a MUCH better actor than either and TBH this comparison does him a disservice.

And BTW, I love Arnie, I just don't think he's a very good actor, so don't bloody @ me.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Arnold literally pass the mantle to The Rock years ago?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My first instinct was neither but I guess you could say The Rock. Physically probably the most similar.

That said I think Tom Hardy could be in consideration. He was pretty big as Bane and he is definitely a "man's man" and iconic masculine star and all that. Not like Arnold but he fits the other meanings.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

My first instinct was neither but I guess you could say The Rock. Physically probably the most similar.

That said I think Tom Hardy could be in consideration. He was pretty big as Bane and he is definitely a "man's man" and iconic masculine star and all that. Not like Arnold but he fits the other meanings.

No. Tom Hardy is leagues beyond Arnie in terms of acting and class.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: Right. I was clearly speaking to more what the OP wrote.... "Meaning: Who’s closer to the iconic masculine action star, gymaholic, ladies’, and mans’s man, that Schwarzenegger embodied?" So thank you for your opinion but I think the point went over your head.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Rock's & Thor's movies are really shallow"

Ah, yes, because Arnold's films are all emotionally and intellectually rich masterpieces, right? Commando, Eraser, Hercules in New York, Junior, Conan, Raw Deal and Batman & Robin all have so much depth and maturity to them, don't they?

GTFO.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@wolverinebatmanftw: Right. I was clearly speaking to more what the OP wrote.... "Meaning: Who’s closer to the iconic masculine action star, gymaholic, ladies’, and mans’s man, that Schwarzenegger embodied?" So thank you for your opinion but I think the point went over your head.

It didn't go over my head. I understand what you're saying, but I do think guys like The Rock and Jason Momoa fit Arnold's mould better. They're more generically charming and handsome big guys. And physically, Tom Hardy isn't close. Normally, his physique is like a normal guy, and sometimes he bulks up for roles like Bane and Bronson, but he's not the type you see on a men's health magazine.

And also, I think a key part of embodying Arnie's aura and mould would be the type of roles the actor takes on. Johnson is much more of a straight action man than Hardy. Hardy is a far more serious dramatic actor, and does a lot more eccentric roles.

I mean, would you ever see Arnie or even Johnson looking like this?

No Caption Provided

Or this?

No Caption Provided

Or this?

No Caption Provided

It's an entirely different type of masculinity. It's eccentric, dark, brooding, almost creepy.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: You do realize that I said The Rock was a good choice and that he was most similar right? It's like trying to pick a fight for no reason.

That's a bad shot of him as Alfie. I thought he was a beast in Peaky Blinders. I still believe he represents a "man's man" best.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@wolverinebatmanftw: You do realize that I said The Rock was a good choice and that he was most similar right? It's like trying to pick a fight for no reason.

That's a bad shot of him as Alfie. I thought he was a beast in Peaky Blinders. I still believe he represents a "man's man" best.

Fair enough. I just think it's an entirely different sort of masculinity.

And I wasn't trying to fight you or anything. We're just talking, right?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: No worries. I understand where you are coming from and what you are saying. Hardy is a great actor and it was not an intended slight to compare him with Arnold.

It's late here and I've had a pretty emotional night with a health scare with one of my kids tonight so I'm kinda on edge.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: Sorry to hear that, mate. Hope everything turns out okay.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: Thanks. It's an ongoing thing but it was definitely a setback tonight. I try to keep positive thoughts that the future will be better.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Chris Hemsworth doesn't even come near as being the Arnold or Sylvester of this generation.

The Rock is definitely far different than Arnie in terms of pure masculinity and stature, but he is the closest thing we have.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Chris Hemsworth doesn't even come near as being the Arnold or Sylvester of this generation.

The Rock is definitely far different than Arnie in terms of pure masculinity and stature, but he is the closest thing we have.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#23  Edited By theacidskull

No one. Arnold is one of a kind.

But out of these two? The Rock, but only in terms of the acting range because he's more or less the same buff, charming SOB in every single film.

Arnie's and The Rock's film personas, aside from being buff, aren't the same though.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TurtleTortoise

@lunacyde said:
@turtletortoise said:

Arnold is the King of movies that are so crappy they're good.

Predator & Terminator are great movies though, what's Rock's good movies?

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwayne , but still, he´s far from Arnold.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Neither tbh. Arnie was the guy who boys and men looked up to, he just defined masculinity in his era in a way neither Rock (goofy roid guy) and Hemsworth (jacked pretty boy) can. I honestly think that Jason Statham is a better comparison but he doesn't have iconic roles. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine...maybe.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither but The Rock can at least be discussed about in this aspect.

I don't get how Chris Hemsworth even fits into this Arnold, Stallone class of action heroes. He's just a tall good-looking dude.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Arnold is really one of a kind, he exemplified masculine charisma in the 80's era. In the later 90's, he kind of went on a goofy binge, where he was clearly just in it for the paycheck but that's still vastly different from the Rock's goofy bodybuilder routine or Chris Hemsworth playing the occasional clueless dolt. In reality, there is no good comparison to Arnold in the modern era, because films today are a very different affair than they were in the late 20th century.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lunacyde  Moderator

@turtletortoise: I mean, Terminator is the only real good film Arne was ever a part of and it isn't great due to his acting skill. Predator is fun, but it isn't deep pr intellectual.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@turtletortoise: I mean, Terminator is the only real good film Arne was ever a part of and it isn't great due to his acting skill. Predator is fun, but it isn't deep pr intellectual.

What did you just say?

Loading Video...

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#32 God_Spawn  Moderator

Calum Von Moger is the only acceptable answer.

10 points to whoever gets that reference.

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ccbm2208

@wolverinebatmanftw: TBH , I kind of agree with you about Dwayne and Arnie' acting abilities , now don't get me wrong both of them usually do a decent with what the scripts require them to do and are usually pretty entertaining to watch but The Rock and Arnold pretty much play the same character throughout their career . Now don't get me wrong , both of them manage to play their respective characters pretty decently and convincing but that's mostly due to their own respective charisma and charm . And when they do play a character that's unique compared to the rest in their filmography , those roles are usually nothing special or required broad acting abilities . They just need to know the basics of their characters and go along with it or maybe give those roles abit of fun dedication ( For example The Rock as that goof ball in the Jumanji sequels or as the tooth fairy and Arnie as the robotic Terminator ).However , I still gotta give those guys some respect because for people who did not intend or was ever properly trained to be an actor , It's impressive that they managed to build a huge career and gained massive popularity . And it's not like they're terrible either , they can do a good job if given the right roles.

Chris Hemsworth probably doesn't belong here.

ELDOMINANCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there will only be one arnold

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lunacyde  Moderator
Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwayne is a generation below Arnold, and Chris is a generation below Dwayne.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers