#1 Posted by Superior Breed (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wanting to see what a good "Mirror Image" for Marvel if there was no Avengers and they assembled a similar team to the JLA and I'm at a cross roads on opinions. Help me out. Rule: They had to be an avenger at some point in time. Aquaman - Namor These two play the same role with similar abilities. Batman - Iron man / Wolverine / Captian America I think Iron man is best fit here for having a life altering moment in life, coming from money, and both are super brains. Superman - Sentry / Captain Marvel This was tough and I still may not have the right hero in here. but Gladiator and Blue marvel (who i think match his power better are not avengers) Wonder Woman - Ms. Marvel Similar in strength and hotness. Martian Manhunter - Vision This was a lightbuld moment. I think these two complement eachother nicely. Also if you were to replace manhunter with Cyborg from the new 52, Vision would still fill this role. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)- Thor / Silver Surfer Thor and GL protect multiple worlds from danger, and if Surfer and GL were to battle for the spot I think it would be epic! The Flash (Barry Allen) - Silver Surfer / Thor Surfer is the only one I know that can match the speed of Flash. Both are sapable of time travel. Let me know your thoughts and opinions. Or if this is a silly idea all together. After I get my list I'd like to try and draw a Marvel JLA team.

#2 Posted by Superior Breed (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, Why do all my posts run together? I post them spaced out?!

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Some nice matches, but Silver Surfer was never an Avenger. Also, if you're writing this from an iPod or a computer that doesn't support the text editor, everything will be written together into one giant paragraph.

#4 Posted by Superior Breed (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, That would be my problem with the Huge paragraph thing. Thanks for reading it anyway! Who would you put as a SS replacement?

#5 Posted by htb106 (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

green arrow/ hawkeye

mocking bird/ black canary

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Captain America/Superman

There's nobody that's been an Avenger that has a similar origin story. In the whole Marvel U, though, characters like Mar-Vell or the Silver Surfer could match well. That being said, you'll need an Avenger with a similar mindset. I choose Captain America because both are living symbols of hope. They don't always agree with the government and their policies. They are both the leaders of their respective teams.

• Iron Man/Batman

Bruce Wayne is a genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist. Sound like anyone else you know? Yeah, Iron Man and Batman are almost the same character, with the obvious exception of how each of them dealt with their parents' deaths. Batman's broody, Iron Man's happy. Other than that, they're essentially the same guy. Other characters that could also be Batman's potential replacements are Black Panther, Moon Knight, and Daredevil.

• Thor/Wonder Woman

Both Thor and Diana come from mystical places. The are both heirs to the throne. They both use powerful, mystical weapons. They are both fierce, arrogant warriors that can and will fight to the death. They both fight gods. Both are the offspring of the "grand daddies" of gods (Odin and Zeus). They are both extremely similar. The only difference is that Thor's a man, and Diana's a woman. Other replacements could be Storm, Valkyrie, and Ares.

• Ms. Marvel/Hal Jordan.

Both share military backgrounds in the Air Force, and both share alien origins. Not really much else to go on. They're kind of similar in regards to personality as well. Nova is the only other character that I think would be a suitable replacement, but I don't know enough about him to judge.

• Hank Pym/Barry Allen

Alright, hear me out. Both Hank and Barry are very compassionate characters who are both scientists. There aren't many other characters who are similar to Allen in regards to personality, and I honestly believe that Barry and Hank are very similar in this regard. Power-wise, the only speedster that was ever an Avenger was Quicksilver, and he's nothing like Barry. At all.

• Namor/Aquaman

Not much to say on this one. They're both essentially the same character. Both are kings of Atlantis. Both are atlantean/human hybrids. Both have been "enemies" to surface dwellers. The only difference between the two are their personalities. Other than that, they're both good replacements for each other. If not Namor, then Black Panther would have been my pick.

• Vision/Martian Manhunter

They are both very similar to each other in terms of personalities and powers (with the obvious exception of MM's telepathy). Even if you want a replacement for Cyborg, Vision would still be a suitable replacement because he's living technology.

#7 Edited by Superior Breed (39 posts) - - Show Bio

If that's the case, then the JLA = Avengers already! I never made the Hank / Marry connection before, I can see that. I've always seen Superman as the Savior to the team, not just the leader. Cap's and Sup's powers dont align in the slightest, just like when you compare Flash to Quicksilver, its not on the same level, that's why i left cap outta this.

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
#8 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers of Justice

Superman Role- Hyperion, Gilgamesh, Captain Britain, Thor

Batman Role- Iron Man, Captain America, Mister Fantastic, Black Panther

Wonder Woman Role- Thor, Ms Marvel, Invisible Woman

Flash Role- Makkari, Northstar, Whizzer

Martian Manhunter Role- Vision, Sersi, Nate Grey, Silver Surfer

Aquaman Role- Namor, Triton, Namora

Green Lantern Role- Dr. Spectrum, Nova, Quasar, Silver Surfer

(if they were able to get along)

Masters of Crime Syndicate

UltramanRole- Count Nefaria or King Hyperion

OwlmanRole- Doctor Doom or The Leader

Superwoman Role- Titania or Nebula

Johnny Quick Role- Living Laser or Ultimate Quicksilver

Power Ring Role- Vulcan or Air-Walker

Aquaman Role- Tiger Shark or Orka

White Martian Role- Super-Skrull or Mister Sinister or Legion

#9 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

There's nobody that's been an Avenger that has a similar origin story. In the whole Marvel U, though, characters like Mar-Vell or the Silver Surfer could match well. That being said, you'll need an Avenger with a similar mindset. I choose Captain America because both are living symbols of hope. They don't always agree with the government and their policies. They are both the leaders of their respective teams.

• Iron Man/Batman

Bruce Wayne is a genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist. Sound like anyone else you know? Yeah, Iron Man and Batman are almost the same character, with the obvious exception of how each of them dealt with their parents' deaths. Batman's broody, Iron Man's happy. Other than that, they're essentially the same guy. Other characters that could also be Batman's potential replacements are Black Panther, Moon Knight, and Daredevil.

• Thor/Wonder Woman

Both Thor and Diana come from mystical places. The are both heirs to the throne. They both use powerful, mystical weapons. They are both fierce, arrogant warriors that can and will fight to the death. They both fight gods. Both are the offspring of the "grand daddies" of gods (Odin and Zeus). They are both extremely similar. The only difference is that Thor's a man, and Diana's a woman. Other replacements could be Storm, Valkyrie, and Ares.

• Ms. Marvel/Hal Jordan.

Both share military backgrounds in the Air Force, and both share alien origins. Not really much else to go on. They're kind of similar in regards to personality as well. Nova is the only other character that I think would be a suitable replacement, but I don't know enough about him to judge.

• Hank Pym/Barry Allen

Alright, hear me out. Both Hank and Barry are very compassionate characters who are both scientists. There aren't many other characters who are similar to Allen in regards to personality, and I honestly believe that Barry and Hank are very similar in this regard. Power-wise, the only speedster that was ever an Avenger was Quicksilver, and he's nothing like Barry. At all.

• Namor/Aquaman

Not much to say on this one. They're both essentially the same character. Both are kings of Atlantis. Both are atlantean/human hybrids. Both have been "enemies" to surface dwellers. The only difference between the two are their personalities. Other than that, they're both good replacements for each other. If not Namor, then Black Panther would have been my pick.

They are both very similar to each other in terms of personalities and powers (with the obvious exception of MM's telepathy). Even if you want a replacement for Cyborg, Vision would still be a suitable replacement because he's living technology.

I don't care if this thread hasn't been touched for a month, but this is the best analysis I have seen on the site.

#10 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superior Breed said:

If that's the case, then the JLA = Avengers already! I never made the Hank / Marry connection before, I can see that. I've always seen Superman as the Savior to the team, not just the leader. Cap's and Sup's powers dont align in the slightest, just like when you compare Flash to Quicksilver, its not on the same level, that's why i left cap outta this.

Well, Stan Lee did admit himself in a few interviews out there that he was inspired by DC's JL when he created his characters and the X-Men and Avengers.

#11 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8723 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers

#12 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman- Sentry , Thor or Hyperion

Batman - Iron Man and Captain Amerca

Wonder Woman - Ms. Marvel

Aquaman - Namor

Green Arrow - Hawkeye

#13 Posted by the_stegman (38673 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman- Captain America 
Batman- Iron Man 
Wonder Woman- Ms.Marvel 
Green Lantern- Nova 
Flash- Quicksilver 
Martian Manhunter-Vision 
Green  Arrow-Hawkeye 
Aquaman-Namor 

#14 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8723 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Superman- Captain America Batman- Iron Man Wonder Woman- Ms.Marvel Green Lantern- Nova Flash- Quicksilver Martian Manhunter-Vision Green Arrow-Hawkeye Aquaman-Namor
#15 Posted by The_Thunderer (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

• Iron Man/Batman

• Thor/Wonder Woman

• Ms. Marvel/Hal Jordan.

• Hank Pym/Barry Allen

• Namor/Aquaman

This