Posted by modernww2fare (7139 posts) 2 years, 27 days ago

Poll: Who was worse - Hitler, Stalin or Mao? (171 votes)

Adolf Hitler 37%
Joseph Stalin 36%
Mao Zedong 27%
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#201 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: What? Me? I'm totally unbiased here, there's nothing suggesting otherwise m8

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
#202 Posted by deactivated-5c07a0327fd39 (4596 posts) - - Show Bio
#203 Edited by King-Ragnar (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh for crying out loud, why was this bumped?

#204 Posted by Richard Wolfe (715 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as shear numbers Moa for sure. For ruthless killings there are several African leaders who would be on this list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#205 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

Statistically - Mao

Inhumanely - close between Hitler and Stalin

#206 Posted by Noone1996 (11863 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: Thanks. The brainwashed liberals have too much white guilt.

#207 Posted by Lan_Fan (14945 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalin.

#208 Posted by FaradaySloth (10087 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalin obviously.

#209 Posted by Damkac (65 posts) - - Show Bio

All 3 were monsters can't say who was worse.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#210 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump

Can't pick tbh

#211 Edited by dshipp17 (5529 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay said:

@dshipp17: Bruh... Is Hitler considered a villain since he literally tried to rule the world?

In hindsight, perhaps I made a mistake in what I was trying to say, but, the question was who was the worst of the worst of the worst, as I perceived it; Hitler's goal was both world domination at the expense of others, where he attempted to exterminate entire races, starting with the Jews; had he succeeded, he would have moved on to attempt exterminating all non-white ethnic groups, with his podium of world leader; except, people adapt and would have counter attacked in their own defense, hopefully (e.g. however, the other 2 leaders weren't necessarily trying to eliminate their own people, but, they were very brutal, non the same).

One thing I found particularly glaring was how easily lead the Jews in Germany/Europe seemed to be, at the time, instead of rebelling against the leadership in their own defense; I believe part of it may have to do with having gun regulations and unarmed citizens, but, just a guess; what were the gun laws like in Germany back then? But, you can understand now why the Jews of Israel are very alert and prone to defend themselves from aggression. Additionally, this was the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, too; it's going to get really bad, ushering in the return of Jesus for the creation of the New Universe and New Earth

#212 Posted by KillBilly (2018 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalin.

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
#213 Posted by FitnessTribesman13 (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of you who picked Hitler:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#214 Posted by Vulkanian (662 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that Hitler is winning disturbs me.

Mao killed over twice as many people as both Hitler and Stalin combined, and that’s with a low estimate of Mao’s body count.

Only white guilt liberals would dare say Stalin or heaven forbid Hitler were worse than that devil incarnate Chairman Mao Zedong.

#215 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: Mao was pretty cool through, lovely dude in person. I thought the devil was Obama? Has that changed again? I can't keep up.

Besides, China had a bunch of natural disasters during Mao's time, so not deaths can be placed on him, that'd be a tad unfair to him.

#216 Edited by dshipp17 (5529 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian said:

Mao killed over twice as many people as both Hitler and Stalin combined, and that’s with a low estimate of Mao’s body count.

Only white guilt liberals would dare say Stalin or heaven forbid Hitler were worse than that devil incarnate Chairman Mao Zedong.

What you're missing or ignoring is the fact that Hitler was stopped, while the other two were allowed to carry on (e.g. Hitler achieved those numbers in a fraction of the time that it took the other two to achieve their death count); if Hitler had achieved his goal, to eliminate every non-white race, he would have dwarfed Mao's number, as he would have killed all Chinese, as well as all Africans, as well as all Spanish, etc; do you know how staggering that death toll would have been? In the billions.

#217 Posted by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@vulkanian said:

What you're missing or ignoring is the fact that Hitler was stopped, while the other two were allowed to carry on (e.g. Hitler achieved those numbers in a fraction of the time that it took the other two to achieve their death count); if Hitler had achieved his goal, to eliminate every non-white race, he would have dwarfed Mao's number, as he would have killed all Chinese, as well as all Africans, as well as all Spanish, etc; do you know how staggering that death toll would have been? In the billions.

That really wasn't his goal.

#218 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@removekebab: It would have eventually been that if he continued. The Japanese were simply a tool to delay the USA, afterwards they would most likely been assimilated like what happened with Italy.

Also Stalin is better boi, deal with it

#219 Posted by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

@removekebab: It would have eventually been that if he continued. The Japanese were simply a tool to delay the USA, afterwards they would most likely been assimilated like what happened with Italy.

Also Stalin is better boi, deal with it

Christ what the hell am I reading

#220 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: Yeah ik it's not like your username praises him or anything

#221 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: Yeah good job Sherlock, really in depth debunking there

The fact that no one can perform a proper counter is, personally, a shocking exposé on the state of Amerikkka's education system. Like, even Cuba mops the floor with the US, lol

#222 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler dindu nuffin tho

#223 Edited by Vulkanian (662 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: Hitler’s goal wasn’t to eliminate every non-white race lmfao. If that was the case he wouldn’t of gone after Jews, since they are white. Hitler had Arabs and Japanese in his army. Only reason he even went to Africa was to control a trade route between Britain and Russia.

#224 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel:

You're a walking contradiction. It's like me saying "I'm completely unbiased against Batman" with a username that read "Batman-is-Goat". You'd have to simply be an idiot to not see the irony. But the fact that I didn't need to go in-depth to shit on you just shows how terrible your initial claim was.

And trust me, I wasn't really trying to debunk you, I don't care enough about this topic to do it. I just felt like making fun of you.

#225 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: The fact you thought I was being serious shows how much of a dunce you actually are lol

#226 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: I didn't take you seriously. That's why I responded with a joke when you said nothing indicates your bias. But when you just now tried talking about my in-depth debunking, taking my last comment seriously, I just had to set you straight for the one time. You didn't even seem like you were joking, you just sounded like you were whining fr

#227 Edited by dshipp17 (5529 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian said:

@dshipp17: Hitler’s goal wasn’t to eliminate every non-white race lmfao. If that was the case he wouldn’t of gone after Jews, since they are white. Hitler had Arabs and Japanese in his army. Only reason he even went to Africa was to control a trade route between Britain and Russia.

Hitler clearly didn't consider Jews white and just able every white supremacist group tends to target Jews in the same vein as they attack non-whites; knowing anything about white supremacist groups, you'd know that distinguishing Jews from whites is a distinction without a difference from non-whites who they also make derogatory attacks against and seek to eliminate.

Sure, but, clearly, anyone who is not a fool knows that Hitler was merely using the Japanese and the Arab soldiers (e.g. they clearly were being used to more efficiently achieve his goal of the complete elimination of the Jews), as he proved traitorous just before he attacked Russia, as one example; clearly, Hitler was choosing his most efficient means of achieving his goals; why would he not have used the Arabs? Actually, Hitler tending to convert the population who he invaded as new soldiers. I'd see Britain and Russia in Africa as more of a detour from attacking Africa; he just simply didn't have a chance; by that point, I believe Hitler had just come from the Battle of Stalingrad, when the tide really started to shift against him; the Battle of Britain started to turn the tide against Hitler; thus, if Hitler was targeting the Jews his next target was obviously going to be non-whites, just based on white supremacist philosophy, although he demonstrated his intent, as he was attacking the Gypsies who he considered non-whites.

#229 Posted by SocaJunkie (8663 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t know Mao, between Hitler and Stalin I’d say Stalin.

#230 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio
#231 Posted by dshipp17 (5529 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

@dshipp17 said:

if Hitler had achieved his goal, to eliminate every non-white race, he would have dwarfed Mao's number, as he would have killed all Chinese, as well as all Africans, as well as all Spanish, etc; do you know how staggering that death toll would have been? In the billions.

Since when were Hitler and the Nazis against the Spanish?

Right at about the start of Hitler's leadership of Germany, as the Spanish are non-white.

#233 Edited by dshipp17 (5529 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

@dshipp17 said:

Right at about the start of Hitler's leadership of Germany, as the Spanish are non-white.

I never knew that the Spanish were/are not White.

Aren't the Spanish in the family tree of the Latino population over here in the United States? The Latinos aren't considered white; the Mexicans, South American population, and Puerto Ricans are the Latinos; or, perhaps I'm wrong in the way they're seen in Europe or elsewhere from the West?

#235 Edited by dshipp17 (5529 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

@dshipp17 said:

Aren't the Spanish in the family tree of the Latino population over here in the United States? The Latinos aren't considered white; the Mexicans, South American population, and Puerto Ricans are the Latinos; or, perhaps I'm wrong in the way they're seen in Europe or elsewhere from the West?

I think there is a difference between being European Spanish and Hispanic/Latin American. I would assume that Spaniards would agree.

How could that be, since the Latinos are the descendants of the Spanish who populated the west? In that case, are you saying that Caucasians in the west are now no longer considered Caucasian?

#236 Posted by IceDemonKing (9998 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@edamame said:

@dshipp17 said:

I think there is a difference between being European Spanish and Hispanic/Latin American. I would assume that Spaniards would agree.

How could that be, since the Latinos are the descendants of the Spanish who populated the west? In that case, are you saying that Caucasians in the west are now no longer considered Caucasian?

I believe latinos are a mix of spanish and native americans. This is why mexicans, for example, identify as mestizos which is a term used for a person who is half spanish half native american.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#238 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4736 posts) - - Show Bio

Htiler.

#239 Edited by RedHeathen (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

I am guessing that "the worst" = number of people killed.

Can we add "European Invasion" to this list? The numbers should meet or exceed Mao's.

@fitnesstribesman13 this and the next comment of mine.

#240 Edited by RedHeathen (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

@icedemonking said:
@dshipp17 said:
@edamame said:

@dshipp17 said:

I believe latinos are a mix of spanish and native americans. This is why mexicans, for example, identify as mestizos which is a term used for a person who is half spanish half native american.

Mestizo can be white/native, and it can also include black.

@dshipp17 said:
@edamame said:

@dshipp17 said:

if Hitler had achieved his goal, to eliminate every non-white race, he would have dwarfed Mao's number, as he would have killed all Chinese, as well as all Africans, as well as all Spanish, etc; do you know how staggering that death toll would have been? In the billions.

Since when were Hitler and the Nazis against the Spanish?

I didn't know that Hitler wanted to kill everyone who wasn't white, but honestly, I don't know what Hitler wanted now that I think about it. ??? He killed people who were white and not Jewish. He killed more than a million Christians. Many Jews were white, and he killed them. However, Hitler did say that Jews were not originally European. I guess choosing this religion but not being of the Jewish race makes you non-European even if you happen to be 100% Scandinavian considering he wanted to kill all Jews. Hitler was as emphatic about killing Gypsies as he was the Jews, and they are Eastern European. Aryan is defined as Indo-European peoples, which would include Iranians, Indians, etc, but considering his ideal of blond hair and blue eyes and the fact that those peoples were not of European descent, I would imagine that he would include them if he wanted to kill everyone that wasn't white. ... but then he allied with the Japanese ... but the Japanese were all about racial purity as well. Off topic for a moment: It's rather odd how people are so quick to call white people racist when most white dominant countries are striving to eliminate racism while Japan is still openly racist.

No mention is made in the OP of Hirohito (his rule, he was ultimately in charge) and Tojo who was (were) responsible for tens of millions of deaths, especially in China and surrounding countries. So many Koreans were killed recently enough that many Koreans to this day despise the Japanese. Quick tidbit: Just before Pearl HarborTojo stated that Americans were bullying white supremacists (the US was trying to negotiate on behalf of China), yet 1) Japan willingly allied with Germany whose goal was basically white supremacy, and 2) they were "Japanese supremacists" (pot calling kettle black).

No Caption Provided

Many Native Americans despise Andrew Jackson, the Spaniards - read this (an estimated 3 million were killed just in these islands and within fifty years, without modern weapons), and the English American - "Kill the Indian. Save the man", and hence my previous mention of the European Invasion. We can't really name one person to be held accountable for the tens upon tens of millions of indigenous American deaths, however, Andrew Jackson is an excellent candidate to add to the top of the list.

“Hitler’s concept of concentration camps [Jackson's creation] as well as the practicality of genocide owed much, so he claimed, to his studies of English and United States history. He admired the camps for Boer prisoners in South Africa and for the Indians in the wild west; and often praised to his inner circle the efficiency of America’s extermination – by starvation and uneven combat – of the red savages who could not be tamed by captivity.”

— P. 202, “Adolph Hitler” by John Toland

No mention of King Leopold II's Congo. ~50 million dead.

-------------------

The Spanish are a mixture of peoples, but bringing them up and if he wanted to be really strict about it, then I think Hitler would want to kill Southern Europeans, which includes peoples descended from Latin speaking peoples, which would include the French, Greeks, Spanish, etc. There is a lot of Muslim blood in those lines as well, if Muslim is genetic. It seems like Hitler would think so considering what he thought about the Jewish.

#241 Posted by MorbusGrav (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler easily, this isn't just about the kill count.

#242 Posted by modernww2fare (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen: Wow, are you a professor? lol just curious

#243 Edited by RedHeathen (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare said:

@redheathen: Wow, are you a professor? lol just curious

No. Why?

@morbusgrav said:

Hitler easily, this isn't just about the kill count.

What else is this about? The types of killing? Percentages? Who was killed?

Just adding more info for no purpose other than information/trivia. I have been reading what author/history professor R. J. Rummel put together. Rummel died in 2014, but his research was good enough that the University of Hawaii added it to its official website and to their curriculum. The only real controversy regarding his work involves his writings regarding democracy, but that has nothing to do with the numbers below, which are widely accepted.

Below you'll find pix labeled tables 1.4, 1.3, and 1.2. 1.4 lists the 20th century's bloodiest dictators based on body count. 1.3 then lists kills by percentage, and 1.2 graphs the numbers of 1.3. Percentage-wise, the Japanese are right up there with but second to Hitler and above Mao and Stalin. Stalin takes the numbers game.

1.4 - By the numbers, the bloodiest dictators of the 20th century are, in order:

1. Stalin
  2. Mao
  3. Hitler
  4. Chiang
  5. Lenin
  6. Tojo
  7. Pol Pot
  8. Khan
  9. Tito

1.3/1.2 - By per capita, the dictators rank thus with odds of dying included:

1. Hitler - Europe, exluding Germany: 1 in 93
  2. Tojo - Asia, excluding Japan: 1 in 101
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Here is another fact put together by Rummel, and I am curious if any of these conditions meet your criteria:

No Caption Provided

#244 Posted by modernww2fare (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
#245 Posted by RedHeathen (2246 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c04865ab69d9
#247 Posted by deactivated-5c04865ab69d9 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Mao

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b19c56d708
#248 Posted by deactivated-5c0b19c56d708 (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Hitler dindu nuffin tho

#249 Posted by Jgames (8191 posts) - - Show Bio

I do find it funny and a bit horrifying how some people are defending Hitler. Granted this is subjective. Do you judge them by what they actually did, or their actual end goal and ideology.

But if you are looking at it statistically, yes Mao is clearly the winner of being the most deadly.

#250 Posted by Jgames (8191 posts) - - Show Bio

Also you are not a liberal for picking Hitler, and not a racist for not picking Hitler.