Who says crime doesn't pay?- Blackman to get book and Hollywood film deal

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

Who says crime doesn't pay?- it does if you are a "popular" as opposed to an unpopular criminal- case in point Alexander Blackman, lately of HM Royal Marines. Blackman has barely been released from prison(shades of Ian Thaine, Lee Clegg and Fisher and Wright, all British soldiers convicted of murder during the NI"Troubles") before there is talk of a book deal and possible Hollywood movie( www. the times.co.uk, April 29,2017).

Curiously enough, none of the papers made the point that British laws(as do those of the US, pace so-called "Son of Sam" laws) preclude or at least frown on convicted criminals(which is what Blackman is) being seen to profit from their crimes financially whether by book or film royalties. Much like "zero tolerance" or "Murder is murder", this prohibition against criminals getting rich off their crimes seems only to apply to unpopular criminals( paedophiles and other sex criminals, terrorists- Irish Republican and Islamic fundamentalist-) but not "Our Boys"(GOD, I HATE that phrase)"

I do NOT know as to whether "Son of Sam" laws apply to people convicted in jurisdictions besides the United States(probably NOT) but at the very least they should- Blackman is not just a murderer but a war criminal to boot, who disgraced his uniform and the good name of the Corps in the most literal sense of the word

I am aware that I tend to go on about this matter, but it sums up much of what I find not just wrong but detestable in the British pop press and its love affair with "Our Boys"!

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paracelsus: sadly infamous sex criminals get paid too. The movie Karla comes to mind. movie about canadian sex criminals and pieces of shit karla homolka and husband paul bernardo with donna from that 70s show playing the titular character

No Caption Provided

I feel awful for the families who had their daughters raped and murdered by these animals to see this be released.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Were these sex criminals legally convicted? Does Canada have "Son of Sam "laws?

Terry

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paracelsus: They were legally convicted but she gave testimony against her husband pretrial and got a light sentence she is out now just roaming the streets. sadly the police believed she was not an active participant and or another victim of her husband when she signed the deal. During the trial video evidence came to light showing her as at least an active willing participant in at least three rape/murders including her own sister whom she offered up to her husband for them to play with as a birthday or anniversary gift...cant remember which.

canada does not have son of sam laws in place yet though the house of commons (parliament) have voted in favor of passing a similar law recently.

So yeah the filmakers had the "right" to make this film Io just find it in extreme bad taste especially as it was in theatres in the cities where these murders occurred and the towns/ cities where the victims are from.