Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's going to hell? (54 votes)

Hell yes! 59%
Hell no! 41%

Assuming it's a real place, do you think you'd go to hell if you died this instant?

• 
ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@mikesterman: I'm sorry but I have to say that believing in the Judeo-Christian god is absolutely wack. The "god" in the "Bible" forces everyone who doesn't believe in him to go through infinite torture, although all humans can only commit a finite amount of "sins." Why would I want to believe a god who threatens me to believe in him? That's not love, that's blackmail. Plus, he only intervenes when he feels like it. What kind of omnibenevolent god does that? He helps people win in the Super Bowl but doesn't stop rapists/murderers from murdering a woman's child and raping the woman. What's his excuse? "Oh, they're going to be burning in hell forever. It's all part of my big plan." Will that undo the child's murder? Won't the child go to hell since he wasn't a Christian? Will that undo the woman's rape? What, it's all part of god's big plan? The rapists/murderers are going to have to be tortured forever. They're not going to be tortured for thirty, fifty, or one hundred years. They're going to be tortured forever. How is that fairness? God is allowing a child's murder, a woman being raped, and just says "It's all part of my big plan." If such a Judeo-Christian god exists, he is definitely not omnibenevolent, and definitely not a god I would want to spend eternity with. I mean, for gods' sake, he condoned slavery, murder, stealing, whenever he felt like it. What kind of "good" god condones murder? Jesus "cleanses" all "sins?" He was a persuasive cultist, recruiting people to start one of the biggest religions in the world. There's not a single record of his supposed "resurrection" and most of the Bible has circumstantial evidence at best. Christianity is absolutely wack and there's not a single logical reason to believe in it besides "I'm scared I'll go to hell so I'll just believe in Jesus." That statement is illogical because an omnibenevolent god would not allow a "hell" to exist. If you're stating an opinion, people have to right to say something about your opinion. That guy that you said "should respect your opinion" doesn't have to do anything. He's not making a personal attack or an attack against a certain group of people. He's attacking an illogical belief, which is absolutely valid. Respect is "a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements." Your belief doesn't deserve any respect, from my point of view, because it's absolutely illogical. Nobody wants to crucify you, dude. People want you to justify the illogical belief that the Judeo-Christian god exists.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

I think Alan Watts does a good job in explaining buddhism. You can listen to his lectures on youtube.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperking: all of this i have heard before... now i tell you this.

all of us are damned to hell. it is only because Jesus came down to earth, and took the sins of this world upon himself that we have a chance to be saved.

now on your comment about being blackmailed: Why would god steal you in your moments of death and force you to spend eternity with him. you obviously didn't want it if you were avoiding him your whole life. that would be selfish of god to do that.

god doesn't impose himself on anybody, he is a gentlemen. if you want to live your life for this world, you will see the ruler of this world

SATAN

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ViperKing

@mikesterman:

So an omnibenevolent god would allow you to be tortured for eternity due to a finite amount of sins? Okay, then he isn't omnibenovelent.

So is this information coming from a source other than the Bible, because the Bible isn't valid. The Bible is fictional book, written a long time ago. Also, you're saying that everyone in the Old Testament went to hell?

So you're saying blackmail is okay as long as it's not for selfish purposes? How is that not selfish? That's like the President saying "Whoever doesn't like me is going to be tortured until they die" except that god is making that torture eternal.

So god's a gentleman because he allows one to burn for eternity since they don't believe in him?

You're picking and choosing what you want to answer. Since you're not arguing with me about it, I guess you're agreeing with me that the Judeo-Christian god condones murder, slavery, and stealing whenever he feels it; that he only intervenes when he feels like it, allowing innocent children to die, women to be raped, and still say it's all part of his big plan; that god basically blackmails humans to believe in him or go to hell; and that the Judeo-Christian god is definitely not omnibenevolent. I accept your concession. Until you have a valid argument, please do some research on the god you believe in.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dccomicsrule2011:

I think Alan Watts does a good job in explaining buddhism. You can listen to his lectures on youtube.

Ah thanks, I'm going to listen to it before I go to bed tonight.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By mikesterman

@viperking:

my dude...

God doesn't impose himself on nobody. he doesnt send you to hell... you choose to go their yourself by not following him. there is two places to go heaven or hell.

Heaven is where god lives. you choosing not to follow him is your way of showing you don't want to be with him. why would he take you to heaven if he knows you wouldn't enjoy your eternal stay.

there is the prince of this world (satan) if you choose to follow the world, you choose to follow him.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikesterman: Did you even read what I said? I'm not going to argue with you because you didn't refute a single thing I said. I never said god imposes himself on anybody. I never said god sends people to hell. I said god allows people to go to hell, which means he isn't omnibenevolent. If he isn't omnibenevolent, then he's not the god he claims to be. If he's not the god he claims to be, he's a liar. If he's a liar, who is he to judge us? I'm tempted to say you're a troll because you honestly don't have a single valid argument. You just keep spouting about heaven and hell. From now on, I'm not going to answer to you because I honestly think you have no idea what you're talking about or you're messing with me (i.e. trolling).

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperking: no... you think he wants people to go to hell... it isnt his fault if people go to hell

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is ... not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

if you dont repent your sins, you cant make it to heaven. heres the reason why.

1. jesus is the only way. nobody sees the father unless through him.

2. Proverbs 16:5 :The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

not confessing your sins could be because of pride. you feel that you don't need forgiveness because your so freaking righteous. the lord despises pride therefore it cant go near him. confessing your sins is all about letting go of your pride and realizing that you need a savior... and that savior is jesus.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By willpayton

@mrdecepticonleader

@viperking:

my dude...

God doesn't impose himself on nobody. he doesnt send you to hell... you choose to go their yourself by not following him. there is two places to go heaven or hell.

LOL.... this is one of the most bizarre things I've read in a while. I love the rationalizations of people trying to defend their nonsensical ideas.

According to your religion, God created the universe. God created the rules that govern the universe. God even knows everything that will happen. So when God says "you have free will, but if you dont do what I want then you're going to Hell"... then yes, that's on your God. This is like if I cut the break line on your car and then you die in a car crash, and I say that I didnt kill you, it's your fault for not applying the breaks.

There's really no denying it. Read the Bible. The God of the Bible is a monster who's guilty of genocide on scales that would make Hitler, Stalin, and Mao blush. He's an extremely insecure and needy entity who's most important commandments are about people worshiping him and kissing his ass for eternity. It's just... sad.

You want to believe in that? That's your right. You want to bow and pray to that god? Also your right. Just dont be offended when others come here and point out the obvious, that which is obvious from simply reading the book you claim to follow.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: "you have free will, but if you dont do what I want then you're going to Hell"... then yes, that's on your God. This is like if I cut the break line on your car and then you die in a car crash, and I say that I didnt kill you, it's your fault for not applying the breaks.

its not like he throws people into this world and expect them to find him.... god reveals himself to everyone. its our choice to receive him... "many are called, few are chosen"

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Don't bother arguing with him, he's either a troll or really misguided. He didn't actually answer anything I said.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By willpayton

its not like he throws people into this world and expect them to find him.... god reveals himself to everyone. its our choice to receive him... "many are called, few are chosen"

With all due respect, that's a load of bullshit.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperking: oh god i pray for you my friend i pray and pray...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heaven obviously. My 72 virgins are awaiting me.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. "God" is omni-potent, he made me hate/not believe him, so that seems like a personal issue for him to figure out in his own time if hes going to punish me for it.

2. Hes not powerful/worthwhile enough to worship.

3. He is a figment of people's imagination.

Take your pick

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@viperking:

my dude...

Heaven is where god lives. you choosing not to follow him is your way of showing you don't want to be with him. why would he take you to heaven if he knows you wouldn't enjoy your eternal stay.

there is the prince of this world (satan) if you choose to follow the world, you choose to follow him.

Not much to choose from there.....

and doing the carrot and stick method of persuasion is not helping either.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikesterman said:

With all due respect, that's a load of bullshit.

you obviously know about him... you are choosing to ignore him though. you have heard about him one way or another,

"many are called few are chosen"

that means everybody has a chance to go to heaven, the ones that receive it are actually going.

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By nishi99

Everybody who's not christian and straight lol.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hella yes, I'm off for a fine life in Helheim until Ragnarok, which I dare say ill have to fight in even if i didnt go to Valhalla... I don't think I'll go to Neostrand, the deeper level of Hel where people are punished for their sins, as I haven't committed any, except maybe not worshiping my Norse gods enough, I guess Hel may take offence, she has a fire eye that looks into your soul and sees the truth so no point lieing about my lack of religious conviction... Whatever comes will be an adventure anyway, and I see all adventures as good ones so fingers crossed ill just make the best of what is to come. ;)

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humans are evil so basically everyone that is a human.