Who makes better video games: DC or Marvel

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Yokergeist

Poll Who makes better video games: DC or Marvel (291 votes)

DC 73%
Marvel 26%

With the new Deadpool game out and other games like injustice and arkham city, who makes better superhero games?

Here is a list of some games:

Marvel:

Deadpool the game

Xmen origins: wolverine

Marvel ultimate alliance

Spider man

DC:

Batman: Arkham city/asylum

Injustice: gods among us

MK vs DC

DCU online

• 
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#201  Edited By Vaeternus

@tifalockhart: I agree, but sadly online people have their own set of rules.

I also agree with your batman point, there are good movies,comics without batman. Swamp thing, constantine, hellblazer, jl dark etc as well as flashpoint, gl stories and superman stories.

I think saying dc needs to have less batman is like saying marvel needs less wolverine or spiderman or hulk not involved in marvel. Know what I mean?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@vaeternus: LOL, I'm a Batmaniac. The more Batman the better in my book. I was responding to Yung_Ancient_One.

and yeah, online pvp trophies are the WORST to collect. I hate going on PSN against strangers in anything competitive.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

DC.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: yeah, i go through it with xbox and my wii or 3ds at times.

Oh yeah, I know im just elaborating since the yung guy asked about no batman, lol im a jl guy but even i know as a guy who prefers dc that dc has more to offer than supes or batsy ;-)

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm can't tell if my comment disappeared or if my computer just sucks..Was saying that Vaet's experience doesn't override someone being allowed to say the games were awful. Fighting games only really appeal to those willing to go online and go through that stress..otherwise once you get past whatever the single player offered and such then the game doesn't have that much replay value left to you.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With preferences, you're right nobody's experience means much for a personal opinion/preference.

With gameplay facts however, it does as others pointed out here about MVC games being broken vs. MK9, Injustice etc which are more balanced. Both can be fun though and liked or dsliked but people who play fighters seriously actually travel offline tournaments and prefer offline over online, due to the latency/lag effecting the games properties.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Gambit474

@vaeternus said:

Gambit, you dont seem to be hearing my point. Yes, from a gameplay view it does. Ive even provided you with facts behind my claim...

Thats not the point of my post, as i said thats your preference but if someone posts false assumptions on nothing to back it up I have no problem stepping in to correct that person or ask why.

Yes, your preferencis your choice, not disputing that, referring to gameplay mechanics.

Btw a game selling well is relevant as it means profit or no profit for the developers as well chances for a sequel to be made or not.

Youre wrong also if you think only players who play fighters play online. Please look up evo and other tournaments please. They would say otherwise.

no from a gameplay view it does not. A game selling doesn't mean anything bud..They're still allowed to say what they want about it. You're obviously misinterpreting what I meant when I said it was god awful because I didn't fully explain what I meant by it..I don't give a damn if it means profit or whatever for the developers. Spider-man 3 made a profit yet did that mean it was good? No. I meant that after I completed its story mode there was little left to entertain me..Same goes for MK 9. However I had more fun,you know..what a game's main purpose is suppose to be,playing the M vs C games. I don't care if they were broken..I didn't play them online so none of that matters to me.

Gameplay facts don't mean anything..You're pretty much trying to sit there saying your opinion holds more value than mine all because of all that crap you went on about..No just no

I

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Vaeternus

Gambit, You really, really are missing my point or ignoring it. I'm not sure which at this stage.

Yes it does, because you see what you fail to see is gameplay mechanics define how a game plays. Meaning, if it's broken, sucky, glitchy whatever it's not a good game from a factual gameplay mechanic perspective. Has nothing to do with personal preference..

And yes a game selling well does mean a lot, look up profit. If you make a game, you WANT to sell it. Period, there is no "maybe, hopefully or ehh if it sells crappy whatever" if a game don't sell, it's not good for business nor will any sequels be made. So believe me it does matter, I also happen to know someone in the industry....sales are important to a degree for business reasons(not for bragging reasons) If you don't give a damn then that's your own fault and ignorance, because guess what? If they fail, you get NO game. Think about that next time you go out and buy a game of your choice ;) and you say cool I want more!

I'm not misinterpreting anything, going by what you say.

Most games don't sell well and aren't received well, Spiderman sold probably due to name since few Spiderman games are good. It's the COD effect, people buy it due to "name brand" alone, doesn't make it good I agree, but from a business perspective? It's very successful.

That's your preference of story, at least MK had a story mode. Other fighters lack it like Capcom games which is one reason why I don't play them much outside of online and arcade mode. MK at least I have few modes, story, arcade and online. You follow? But a lot is preference much like you prefer MVC or Capcom games. or in this threads case let's see:

Dead Pool Game

vs.

Batman Arkham Asylum

Dead Pool gameplay wise is NOT as good as Batman, this is undeniable fact. It's been proven, reviewed, played and tested by people. There's also other things to consider such as voice acting, storyline, graphics, accessibility, modes, online play etc.

Again, these are subjects Batman stomps DP in, thus why Batman is the better game at the end of the day.

Now, your OPINION as in "your personal preference" can be DP because you like and enjoy the game, character. That's fine, but don't twist my words saying "I'm trying to say my opinion is better then yours because I mentioned gameplay" no that is NOT what I'm saying...

You're clearly twisting my words or simply not understanding my point....you obviously A. are ignoring what I'm saying due to your preferences B. Denying what I'm saying about gameplay facts(such as MVC being broken as many others here have also said) or C. Both

Obviously you have your mind set, aren't willing to listen to anything who disagrees with that. Your problem, not mine. I personally don't care, my opinion is my opinion like yours, I have every much right to post it as you do. However, concerning the gameplay elements, is NOT an opinion it's FACT. And fact says Injustice and MK(take your pick) are better then MVC3, MVC2.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209  Edited By DoctorXander

This is the field that DC is smashing Marvel in. Arkham City is one of my favourite games ever

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Selling still does not equal to better. ROFL ignorance..Bud you've obviously never heard the saying "quality over quantity." Justin Bieber sells but that doesn't mean he's good. Call of Duty sells but that doesn't mean it's good. Playdom makes a profit off of Avengers Alliance but does that mean it's good? Nope..Hell some of these companies simply make games just for the money. Yes that is the purpose of a business HOWEVER what quality is there to it? When Blizzard made Diablo 3 it sold..Yet did it satisfy the fans? Hell no. World of warcraft sells yet it's quality has tipped back and forth over the years..Point being $$$ does not equal to being great. We can keep going and going all day but I don't stop till I have the last word

Avatar image for atrocitustheferocious
atrocitustheferocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

quality is more important than quantity. dc games are i think abut 4 times more succesful

atrocitustheferocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Selling still does not equal to better. ROFL ignorance..Bud you've obviously never heard the saying "quality over quantity." Justin Bieber sells but that doesn't mean he's good. Call of Duty sells but that doesn't mean it's good. Playdom makes a profit off of Avengers Alliance but does that mean it's good? Nope..Hell some of these companies simply make games just for the money. Yes that is the purpose of a business HOWEVER what quality is there to it? When Blizzard made Diablo 3 it sold..Yet did it satisfy the fans? Hell no. World of warcraft sells yet it's quality has tipped back and forth over the years..Point being $$$ does not equal to being great. We can keep going and going all day but I don't stop till I have the last word

i must admit you have a pretty good point. but did you include how more people play it. i mean much more people play dc games than marvel games. and i think dc games have included more characters than marvel. i know people are going to get angry with me but injustice has a hell of characters it goes all the way to atrocitus i mean wow. there is also more to do in dc games. were not saying quality is better than quantity not just because of money but we are saying it's better because of the fun in games. i think dc might have more quality than marvel

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oooooh, no contest, DC, the Arkham games are da bombz.

cena98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By cena98

DC because of Arkham city. That game was awesome.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#215  Edited By 14NC3

The Arkham series and Injustice is all DC needs to stomp Marvel at video-games. The only Marvel video game coming close to the Arkham games is Spider-man Shattered Dimensions - that was an awesome game.

atrocitustheferocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

guys arkham series and injustice and maybe dc vs mortal and dc universe online are way higher than any marvel game. at the moment. they have started making graphics like call of duty ghosts. and injustice is the most popular. like lots know it. these 4 games are way above any marvel game. ill keep mentioning it guys. and i can't wait or arkham knight. the city is 5 times the size of arkham city. you can drive the bat mobile. even in a riddler challenge. the streets are way more wider. and i think they are going to bring back joker some how.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superhero video games suck.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

DC ftw. Nothing can beat Arkham games.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has a lot of ok games, but Arkham series alone is better than all of them.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dc stomps nothing is toping arkham lol not even game based games can win lol and then theres injustice...nuff said

and im more of a marvel fan with lots of love for dc

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

Xaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Xaa

DC owns bigtime!!! jaja

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The company that made the Batman Arkham series.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaa: @atrocitustheferocious: Agreed when it comes to not just sales but obviously quality, superior gameplay, story etc. Some folks miss that but no matter, lol as many have said Batman, Injustice alone stomp anything Marvel has.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say DC because of Batman games but all in all both companies games suck.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given it to marvel I still play spiderman (web of shadows anyone) and xmen (legends II) but I stopped playing arkham city lost interest and deleted dc online

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah to those of you who voted Marvel just wait for Arkham Knight.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Vaeternus

DC

@elmohump said:

Hah to those of you who voted Marvel just wait for Arkham Knight.

I know that looks crazy good, and looking forward to Injustice 2 as well(which was confirmed unofficially lol)

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Im voting DC.

DC doesn't have that many good games but the ones that are good are really good while Marvel has a ton of average games.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

DC has made my favorite superhero games, but Marvel has made more that I thought were good. So, it really depends on how you interpret that.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By ElmoHump

@bruxae: Quality over quantity.

DC > Marvel.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I guess I'm the only one around here who actually really likes the more recent Spider-Man games (Edge of Time, Shattered Dimensions)

but yeah Batman Arkham Games>>>Any other comic book based games

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Arkham games are great....but I am not big on anything after that....but Marvel has them beat with a solid variety. X-Men Legends, MvC, Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Heroes, Deadpool, Spider-Man (1, 2, Shattered Dimensions).

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By SilverGalford

Superman 64

LOL!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

Batman Arkham Games>>>Any other comic book based games

*Ahem*

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC wrecks in this department......They slaughter marvel in video games

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

DC by a long shot. Marvel just can't beat Arkham City/Injustice/DCU Online/etc

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC easily

DC by a long shot. Marvel just can't beat Arkham City/Injustice/DCU Online/etc

What this guy said ^

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC.Marvel needs to make a Black Panther game or something.The last good game they had was punisher for me.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

Batman Arkham Games>>>Any other comic book based games

*Ahem*

It is awesome but It doesn't have the game play to make you feel like the character, but the story of the Walking dead is one of the best in gaming in general. I prefer Gameplay to Storytelling.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both sides have good games but Marvel has more

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By KittyParker13

Arkham rocks, so DC.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DC due to the Arkham games. Best superhero games ever made ever.

DarkseidFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel comics are awesome but games absolutely sucks ass

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Arkham series was terribly overrated honestly, I'd rather play Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Ultimate Destruction any day.