Who is up for this movie challenge?

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scholomance

So recently I've been binge watching some of my country's (Philippines) acclaimed movies, till I stumbled upon this behemoth of a film.

No Caption Provided

A Lullaby to the Sorrowful Mystery (Filipino: Hele sa Hiwagang Hapis) is a 2016 Filipino historical fantasy drama film directed by Lav Diaz. The movie is 485 minutes long, roughly 8 hours.

The story based on the Philippine Revolution of 1896-1897, the story of Gregoria de Jesus' forlorn search for the body of the Father of Philippine Revolution, Andres Bonifacio.

So anyone up for this movie challenge? lol

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Yep, already watched it yesterday. started around 9 in the morning, finished around 6 in the evening.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, already watched it yesterday. started around 9 in the morning, finished around 6 in the evening.

So, how was it?

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scholomance

@buckwheat: A TON of long takes without any dialogue lol, the story was a mix of history and fantasy, there's two story lines in the movie. De Jesus' search for the body of the KKK Supremo, Andres Bonifacio and there's the somewhat continuation of Jose Rizal's novel 'El Filibusterismo' and lastly, throw in some portions of Philippine mythology.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything longer than three hours and I treat it like a miniseries. Story sounds interesting though.

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything longer than three hours and I treat it like a miniseries. Story sounds interesting though.

Don't let the run time fool you, the whole thing is a godly experience.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A TON of long takes without any dialogue lol, the story was a mix of history and fantasy, there's two story lines in the movie. De Jesus' search for the body of the KKK Supremo, Andres Bonifacio and there's the somewhat continuation of Jose Rizal's novel 'El Filibusterismo' and lastly, throw in some portions of Philippine mythology.

It actually sounds pretty interesting.

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scholomance said:

A TON of long takes without any dialogue lol, the story was a mix of history and fantasy, there's two story lines in the movie. De Jesus' search for the body of the KKK Supremo, Andres Bonifacio and there's the somewhat continuation of Jose Rizal's novel 'El Filibusterismo' and lastly, throw in some portions of Philippine mythology.

It actually sounds pretty interesting.

TBH, the story can be confusing to a person who is not familiar with the Philippine colonial history. Despite its 8 hour run time, I enjoyed the movie.