Edited 2 years, 8 months ago

Poll: Who is the worst director? (30 votes)

Michael Bay 40%
Dennis Dugan 47%
M. Night Shyamalan 10%
I don't know these people! 3%

Out of these three, who would you consider the most intolerable?

Michael Bay, creator of classics such as "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "Transformers: Age of Extinction".

Dennis Dugan, masterful director of "Jack and Jill" and "Grown Ups 2".

Shyamalan, who was orchestrated masterpieces including "The Happening" and "The Last Airbender".

#1 Posted by TheSpoiler (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

Dugan.

A bad comedy is the worst kind of movie of all.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#2 Edited by The Impersonator (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot to add Uwe Boll. He's the worst director out of the three.

#3 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18164 posts) - - Show Bio

Proof that a good actor doesn't necessarily make a good director...Denis Dugan

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
#4 Posted by deactivated-5a794b61068b8 (7203 posts) - - Show Bio

Dugan

#5 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8673 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Shamammal belongs here. Yes he's had a couple terrible movies. But he's also had great movies. Some might even call them masterpieces. The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs.

#6 Posted by JwwProd (20718 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Uwe Boll and both Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer?

#7 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

M Night and Uwe are probably the worst around now

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#8 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer

#9 Edited by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_impersonator said:

Without question.

@silkyballfro94 said:

I don't think Shamammal belongs here. Yes he's had a couple terrible movies. But he's also had great movies. Some might even call them masterpieces. The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs.

I thought The Visit was actually pretty ok too.

#10 Posted by Blacksmith_99 (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Shaymalan and Michael Bay has some real garbage on their curriculum, they have some good ones. Shayamalan has the sixth sense and unbreakable, while Bay has 13 hours and the first Transformers. Now DUGAN is the real problem here, he has one mediocre movie, that is Zohan, and the rest is pure garbage. He is definitely the worst one on this list. But he is not the worst director because Uwe Boll and Raja Gosnell(although he has one good movie, Home Alone, he is still one of the worst) are still running around.

#11 Edited by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Zohan was mediocre? The only thing salvageable from that movie is that you can watch the fine ass arab chick while the film is muted.

#12 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Last Airbender was at least watchable, I voted Bay because I'm too lazy to look up Dugan.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#13 Edited by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stupid list. There are plenty of directors worse than those listed here.

Bay has 13 Hours, The Rock, Bad Boys, The Island, Pain and Gain, Armageddon, Bad Boys 2, and the first Transformers, all of which are decent to really good films.

#14 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Uwe Boll?

#15 Posted by jb681131 (3064 posts) - - Show Bio

There are many worst ones:

• Sam Taylor-Johnson
  • Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer
  • Andy Fickman
  • Tom Six
  • Chris Sivertson
#16 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Jonez_ (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Uwe Boll?

@jwwprod said:

Well if you really want to get into the nitty-gritty, we could name Tommy Wiseau and call it a day. I decided to pick the mainstream "big three". The purpose of this thread was to find the worst out of these three, like it says in the OP. Hahah.

#18 Posted by Jonez_ (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stupid list. There are plenty of directors worse than those listed here.

Bay has 13 Hours, The Rock, Bad Boys, The Island, Pain and Gain, Armageddon, Bad Boys 2, and the first Transformers, all of which are decent to really good films.

Actually you're a stupid list.

#19 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:
@the_impersonator said:

@outside_85 said:

Uwe Boll?

@jwwprod said:

@darkdetective27 said:

Well if you really want to get into the nitty-gritty, we could name Tommy Wiseau and call it a day. I decided to pick the mainstream "big three". The purpose of this thread was to find the worst out of these three, like it says in the OP. Hahah.

Well, then you could have just left it as the choice between Bay and noone else because he's the only one people will actually know about for crap movies... while M. Night Shyamalan atleast has one terrific movie to his name.

#20 Posted by DevilGamer (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack and Jill was the real piece of sh*t

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:
@deranged_midget said:

Actually you're a stupid list.

Yeah, that seems pretty accurate to be honest.

#22 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36603 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the "worst director" is probably some guy that did 1 movie or tv show, and bombed out right then and there. As far as the worst director that has had multiple movies make it to theaters. Uwe Boll is the winner.

#23 Posted by TheKinfing (11695 posts) - - Show Bio

Uwe Boll easily.

#24 Posted by cpt_nice (9874 posts) - - Show Bio

Uwe Boll easily.

Word. At least the directors in OP have a passion for what they do, even if their vision is a bit messed up.

Uwe Boll literally makes bad movies for the sake of it and wastes people's taxes because in Germany you can (used to?) get funds for making movies, and he exploited that loop hole. He has shown total contempt for just about anyone who has called him out on his BS, even going as far as challenging critics to boxing matches. He is a total jackass with zero respect for the franchises he poops on.

God I hate that guy.

#25 Posted by cpt_nice (9874 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:
@the_impersonator said:

@outside_85 said:

Uwe Boll?

@jwwprod said:

@darkdetective27 said:

At least Wiseau made a cult classic which people love to pick apart, he did not genuinely set out to make a terrible movie. I would call him tragic more than bad, although the whole Nostalgia Critic thing was dumb.

#26 Posted by JwwProd (20718 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:

@the_impersonator said:

@outside_85 said:

Uwe Boll?

@jwwprod said:

@darkdetective27 said:

If I recall Tommy Wiseau only really did one movie which was the cult classic bad movie known as "The Room" (And I believe he also recently created a TV series called "The Neighbors" which I believe is like a TV series version of The Room). However as bad and poorly made as that movie is at least it's funny and entertaining to watch and I believe some of the cast admitted that Tommy was trying to make a good movie but failed epically but that least it was fun. Uwe Boll and both Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer on the other hand literally don't give a s**t about making a good movie and ignoring their mistakes and continue making horrible movie after horrible movie all of which are painfully to watch.

#27 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyler Perry.

#28 Posted by BullPR (5858 posts) - - Show Bio

Uwe Boll in general.

Dugan in this list.

#29 Posted by Bruxae (18147 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really hard to call. Like other people have mentioned Uwe Boll would easily win the shittiest director who ever lived award, JJ Abrams is real close too.

But out of your options I don't know.. Hard to respect Michael Bay, but I have to admit even he has one or two solid films behind him, and I don't know the other two closely enough to say that he's worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
#30 Posted by deactivated-57b89658ba257 (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Uwe Boll popping up - and don't get me wrong, self harm is more appealing than his films

But does he actually even try?

It's more like he's trolling