#1 Edited by GXrevs06 (4402 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of actual planning, intelligence and actually carrying his/her objective

#2 Posted by PenguinDust (8727 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Jafar from Aladdin. He nearly achieved his goal, and when he lost the final confrontation, unlike many Disney villains, he didn't die. Now, he did kick the bucket in the direct-to-video sequel, but who's really counting those as canon?

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#3 Posted by echostarlord117 (5546 posts) - - Show Bio

@Penguin-Dust: I mean, didn't Scar actually achieve his goal for a bit before being dethroned by Simba?

#4 Posted by ImMadNice (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Syndrome, mother gothel from tangled

#5 Posted by gunmetalgrey (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

Shan Yu. The guy did everything right.

I still call BS on the mountain scene. How could a girl in Han dynasty China, who likely rarely left her village, let alone climb a mountain, know how avalanches work?

And after losing all those men, he still got the emperor right where he wanted him, in the middle of a huge celebration surrounded by his followers and guards too.

Probably his only flaw was losing sight of his objective towards the end and going for revenge instead of killing Shang and securing the emperor, though that in itself isn't inherently bad since it's more like just getting sidetracked, not deterred completely.

#6 Posted by SeaGod (4651 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for the_thereminist
#7 Posted by The_Thereminist (381 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not up on the recent decade of Disney villains but based on what I do know I'd say Jafar.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#8 Edited by IndomitableRegal (15650 posts) - - Show Bio

Syndrome basically lost to his own intelligence. Scar technically achieved exactly what he planned to. Jafar achieved his goal as well and basically only lost on a technicality he was unaware of.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#9 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7151 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#10 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (423 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#11 Posted by mrmonster (14643 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Scar. He got rid of Mufasa and made Simba think he was responsible all in one move.

#12 Posted by Helloman (28486 posts) - - Show Bio

No one they all suck.

#13 Edited by mrmonster (14643 posts) - - Show Bio

Scar's only mistake was sending his pack of idiot henchmen to kill Simba instead of just doing it himself. Aside from that, his plan and his execution were flawless.

#14 Posted by InvadedTBD (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

Scar or Jafar leaning more towards the Scar, he actually committed murder and was gonna kill Simba too. By far the most vicious villain of my childhood.

#15 Posted by DerbyCityRose (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Scar being thecthe most competent villain. It was the hyenas being incompetent for not killing Simba when they were told, then lying to Scar about it later

#16 Posted by FaradaySloth (8458 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly Captain Hook am i right?

#17 Posted by Straight-Fire (27244 posts) - - Show Bio

Scar.