Avatar image for roostercogburn
#1 Posted by RoosterCogburn (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Many people say Elvis is the king of rock'n'roll. in your opinion, who do you think is the king of these genres of music?:
 
Rock'n'roll:
Rap:
Country:
R&B:
Pop:
Punk:
Reggae:
Hip Hop:
Heavy Metal:
Southern Rock:
Blues:

Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
#2 Edited by deactivated-asdf987sdf (2342 posts) - - Show Bio
Punk: CRASS 
Reggae: Bob Marley 
Ska: The Skatalites
Avatar image for roostercogburn
#3 Posted by RoosterCogburn (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock'n'Roll: Elvis
Rap: Tupac
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: ?
Pop: ?
Punk: Joey Ramone or Johnny Rotten
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: ?
Heavy Metal: Ozzy Osbourne
Southern Rock: Greg and Duane Allman
Blues: B.B. King

Avatar image for humanfly26
#4 Edited by humanfly26 (1553 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoosterCogburn said:

" Rock'n'Roll: Elvis Rap: Tupac Country: Johnny Cash R&B: ? Pop: ? Punk: Joey Ramone or Johnny Rotten Reggae: Bob Marley Hip Hop: ?Heavy Metal: Ozzy Osbourne Southern Rock: Greg and Duane Allman Blues: B.B. King "

I thought Michael Jackson was the "King of Pop"
 
to clarify.. i don't think he actually is, but i just thought that's what people say
Avatar image for shanana
#5 Posted by Shanana (60357 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock'n'roll:  Aerosmith
Rap: Rakim or Eric B
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: R Kelly
Pop: Michael Jackson
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Jay - Z
Heavy Metal: ozzy osborne
Avatar image for chaos_prime
#6 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

 Rock'n'roll: Elvis
Rap: Public Enemy
Country: Mr Cash
R&B: Mary J Blige
Pop: Madonna
Punk: Dead Kennedys
Reggae: Bob Marley
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Avatar image for amegashita
#7 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Hamasaki Ayumi is the Queen of J-Pop
Hamasaki Ayumi is the Queen of J-Pop
Avatar image for king_saturn
#8 Posted by King Saturn (222964 posts) - - Show Bio

 
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King

Avatar image for xscarletkittie
#9 Edited by xscarletkittie (634 posts) - - Show Bio
Rock'n'roll: Elvis Presley
Rock: The Beatles (I am of the belief that Rock'n'Roll broke off into Rock and Pop, so they get separated on my list)
Rap: --
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Michael Jackson
Punk: Sex Pistols
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: --
Heavy Metal: --
Southern Rock: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Blues: B.B. King  
Folk: Bob Dylan
Avatar image for darkseid_elite
#10 Edited by Darkseid Elite (8442 posts) - - Show Bio

don't know about the ohers but...
 
Rap:  
Alive- Wayne & Drake
Dead- Tupac 
Avatar image for roostercogburn
#11 Edited by RoosterCogburn (212 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "

Southern rock = country, blues, and rock mixed together.... theres a whole crapload of bands that are southern rock. its about the same as the difference between rap and hip hop. d'oh.
and its not technically just bands from the south. Creedence Clearwater Revival was from Northern California and is considered one of the best southern rock bands there is.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#12 Posted by King Saturn (222964 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoosterCogburn said:
" @King Saturn said:

"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "

Southern rock = country, blues, and rock mixed together.... theres a whole crapload of bands that are southern rock. its about the same as the difference between rap and hip hop. d'oh. and its not technically just bands from the south. Creedence Clearwater Revival was from Northern California and is considered one of the best southern rock bands there is. "
never heard a southern rock band in my life... EVER
Avatar image for xscarletkittie
#13 Edited by xscarletkittie (634 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoosterCogburn: CCR is considered southern rock? I take back my original pick. CCR all the way!
Avatar image for night_thrasher
#14 Edited by Night Thrasher (3820 posts) - - Show Bio

 Rock'n'roll: Queen
Rap: 'Pac
Country: 
R&B: Mary J. Blidge or Stevie Wonder
Pop: Michael Jackson(d'uh)
Punk: 
Reggae: Bob or Jacob Miller
Hip Hop: 'Pac
Heavy Metal: Guns n' Roses
Southern Rock: 
Blues:    Ray Charles 
 
Honorable Mentions: Nas and Queen

Avatar image for night_thrasher
#15 Posted by Night Thrasher (3820 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoosterCogburn: you could spit reggea up into three categories: Lovers Rock, Roots, Dancehall
Avatar image for roostercogburn
#16 Edited by RoosterCogburn (212 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

" @RoosterCogburn said:

" @King Saturn said:

"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "

Southern rock = country, blues, and rock mixed together.... theres a whole crapload of bands that are southern rock. its about the same as the difference between rap and hip hop. d'oh. and its not technically just bands from the south. Creedence Clearwater Revival was from Northern California and is considered one of the best southern rock bands there is. "

never heard a southern rock band in my life... EVER "
Wow. You are missing out hardcore... Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Molly Hatchet, ZZ Top, CCR, Stevie Ray Vaughan (who smashes hendrix at the guitar)..
And you mean to tell me you never heard Free Bird or Sweet Home Alabama? I thought EVERYONE in the the USA heard those songs..
 
  Listen to this song.. It's a classic.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#17 Posted by King Saturn (222964 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoosterCogburn said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @RoosterCogburn said:

" @King Saturn said:

"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "

Southern rock = country, blues, and rock mixed together.... theres a whole crapload of bands that are southern rock. its about the same as the difference between rap and hip hop. d'oh. and its not technically just bands from the south. Creedence Clearwater Revival was from Northern California and is considered one of the best southern rock bands there is. "

never heard a southern rock band in my life... EVER "
Wow. You are missing out hardcore... Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Molly Hatchet, ZZ Top, CCR, Stevie Ray Vaughan (who smashes hendrix at the guitar)..
And you mean to tell me you never heard Free Bird or Sweet Home Alabama? I thought EVERYONE in the the USA heard those songs..
 
  Listen to this song.. It's a classic.
"
I have heard Sweet Home Alabama... but I thought that was strickly a Country song... 
Avatar image for roostercogburn
#18 Posted by RoosterCogburn (212 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn:
 
Naw. The vocals sound country. But the guitar, bass, and drums aren't near country...
country doesn't have crazy electric guitar solos n such.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#19 Posted by King Saturn (222964 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoosterCogburn said:
" @King Saturn:  Naw. The vocals sound country. But the guitar, bass, and drums aren't near country... country doesn't have crazy electric guitar solos n such. "
I guess...
Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
#20 Posted by deactivated-asdf987sdf (2342 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "
red hot chili peppers aren't punk. lol. 
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#21 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

All Of The Above: Weird Al

Avatar image for roostercogburn
#22 Posted by RoosterCogburn (212 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" All Of The Above: Weird Al "
WIN!
Avatar image for king_saturn
#23 Posted by King Saturn (222964 posts) - - Show Bio
@ViciousCesar! said:
" @King Saturn said:
"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "
red hot chili peppers aren't punk. lol.  "
sure they are... 
Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
#24 Posted by deactivated-asdf987sdf (2342 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @ViciousCesar! said:
" @King Saturn said:
"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "
red hot chili peppers aren't punk. lol.  "
sure they are...  "
that would be like saying that rick james is rap!  
Avatar image for hobgadling
#25 Posted by HobGadling (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock'n'roll: Rolling Stones
Rap: Public Enemy
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: The Beatles
Punk: The Clash
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Public Enemy
Heavy Metal: Black Sabbath
Southern Rock: Stevie Ray Vaughn
Blues:   BB King
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
#26 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (2043 posts) - - Show Bio
Rock'n'roll: Levon Helms
Rap:  Rev Run
Country: Kris Kristopherson
R&B:  James Brown
Pop:  Micheal Jackson
Punk:  Joey Ramone
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop:   Suger Hill Gang
Heavy Metal:  Ronnie James Dio
Southern Rock:  Again, Levon Helms
Blues: Fred McDowell 
 
Avatar image for despero_is_the_beginning
#27 Posted by Despero is the beginning (867 posts) - - Show Bio

 Rock'n'roll:  Dylan
Rap: Dylan
Country: Dylan
R&B: Dylan
Pop: Dylan
Punk: Dylan
Reggae: Dylan
Hip Hop:  Dylan
Heavy Metal: Dylan
Southern Rock: Dylan
Blues: Dylan 
 
Because he spits hot fire!!!

Avatar image for retolledtruth
#28 Posted by RetolledTruth (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

Rap:Lupe,Pac,Pun 
Country:Ray Charles 
Rock:Fleet Foxes

Avatar image for blade_hunter
#29 Posted by blade hunter (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

 Rock'n'roll: Noel and Liam Gallagher
Rap: ????
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: ??????
Pop: The Beatles
Punk: Sex pistols or the Buzzcocks
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: ???????
Heavy Metal: ??????/
Southern Rock: ?????????
Blues: The beatles

Avatar image for blade_hunter
#30 Posted by blade hunter (1917 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"  
Rock'n'roll: Jimi Hendrix
Rap: Nas
Country: Johnny Cash
R&B: Stevie Wonder
Pop: Micheal Jackson
Punk: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Reggae: Bob Marley
Hip Hop: Rakim
Heavy Metal:  Metallica
Southern Rock: what the hell is the difference between this type of Rock and Rock N Roll ?
Blues:
 B.B. King "
Stevie wonder is more soul and funk the RnB.
Avatar image for WarBlade539
#31 Posted by WarBlade539 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

Heavy Metal:- Iron Maiden.

Avatar image for WarBlade539
#32 Posted by WarBlade539 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

Heavy Metal:- Iron Maiden.

Avatar image for the_stegman
#33 Posted by the_stegman (40195 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock'n'roll: The Beatles (not my favorite rock band, but the most influential)

Rap: Jay Z

Country: Johnny Cash

R&B: The Temptations

Pop: Michael Jackson

Punk: I don't like punk...so I don't listen to it, but I guess The Ramones

Reggae: Bob Marley

Hip Hop: Run DMC

Heavy Metal: Guns N' Roses

Southern Rock: Creedence Clearwater Revival

Blues: Ray Charles

Moderator
Avatar image for biteme_fanboy
#34 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock'n'Roll: Led Zeppelin

Rap: Biggie

Country: Hank Williams Sr.

R&B:?

Pop: Michael Jackson

Punk: Black Flag

Reggae: Bob Marley

Hip Hop: Run DMC

Heavy Metal: Dio

Southern Rock: Lynyrd Skynyrd

Blues: Muddy Waters

Avatar image for sabracadabra
#35 Posted by sabracadabra (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock and Roll: Beatles.

Heavy Metal: Black Sabbath.

Avatar image for g_dani
#36 Posted by g_dani (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock'n'Roll: Elvis Presley

Hip Hop/Rap: Tupac Shakur (Lyrics), Eminem (Skill) // Hip Hop = Rap Music (oral), DJing (aural), B-Boying/Breakdancing (physical) and Graffiti art (visual).

R&B: R. Kelly

Pop: Michael Jackson

Reggae: Bob Marley

Hip Hop: Look above

Rock: Queen