• 117 results
Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: Who do you like more: Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston? (65 votes)

Mariah Carey 29%
Whitney Houston 71%

Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston, two of the most popular female artists worldwide. Two of the best-selling female artists too and because of their great vocal talent and skills, they (along with Celine Dion) have been popularly called as the Voice Trinity.

But who do you like more? Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston

#101 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

Both suck

#102 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18157 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if I didn't like Whitney Houston (which I do) I DESPISE Mariah Carey.

#103 Posted by agent41 (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

@ceci19: @johnny_5: Then why bring up Barbara. I am not claiming anybody the best singer ever. There are better singers than Whitney too if you focus on singing technique.

Tone is subjective. Some people will prefer Whitney's tone, others prefer Barbra's, others prefer Mariah's tone.

#104 Posted by Cable_Extreme (16783 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: It is your personally subjectively opinion and i guess you are 10-15-years old kid! For me and for every mature person i've asked Whitney Houston at her prime and even after that was better than Carey on any day.

You sure sound mature in this post....

#105 Posted by agent41 (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#106 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

Whitney

#107 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18157 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@heroup2112 said:

Why?.

I don't think her music is particularly impressive (though I freely admit her voice is). Her prima donna attitude, however makes her completely, maddeningly unlikable to me. I'm not 100% sure why I have such a severe reaction to even SEEING her on a video screen but I'll immediately either turn something with her off, or just not watch what is on until she's off the screen.

I WILL tell you something that I thought was fun to watch once though once. On the first or second VH1 Divas show with Her, Celine Dion, Aretha Franklin, Shania Twain, and Gloria Estafan. At the very end they were doing some song together and Celine and Mariah were trying to out do Franklin with these really high pitched runs (Shania and Gloria just sort of stayed off to the side and sort of sang rhythm like "oh no...we're not getting involved in THIS") Franklin just sort of had this laughing look on her face and was wrecking the two of them effortlessly, while Celine and Mariah kept looking more upset...even pissed that they couldn't come close to out doing her. It was freaking awesome.

#108 Edited by agent41 (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112 said:
@agent41 said:
@heroup2112 said:

Why?.

I don't think her music is particularly impressive (though I freely admit her voice is). Her prima donna attitude, however makes her completely, maddeningly unlikable to me. I'm not 100% sure why I have such a severe reaction to even SEEING her on a video screen but I'll immediately either turn something with her off, or just not watch what is on until she's off the screen.

I WILL tell you something that I thought was fun to watch once though once. On the first or second VH1 Divas show with Her, Celine Dion, Aretha Franklin, Shania Twain, and Gloria Estafan. At the very end they were doing some song together and Celine and Mariah were trying to out do Franklin with these really high pitched runs (Shania and Gloria just sort of stayed off to the side and sort of sang rhythm like "oh no...we're not getting involved in THIS") Franklin just sort of had this laughing look on her face and was wrecking the two of them effortlessly, while Celine and Mariah kept looking more upset...even pissed that they couldn't come close to out doing her. It was freaking awesome.

Whitney knew she ha a gift and acted accordingly. She would always refer to her as Whitney doesn't do this. Whitney doesn't do that.

Mariah has said many times her diva attitude is just an act. So many people that have known her in person have said she is very nice.

The media somtimes takes things out of proportion.

Divas live was far from being Mariah at her best vocal condition.

Mariah's music has experimented with many genres and taken on many different themes. She is a great songwriter. But our opinion is your opinion. If you don't like her there is nothing i can do.

#114 Posted by jagernutt (16216 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#122 Posted by Straight-Fire (27236 posts) - - Show Bio

Mariah.

#144 Edited by jagernutt (16216 posts) - - Show Bio

@straight-fire:

Let's just call Renchamp. I'm not sure how to tag him here from a cellphone.