• 117 results
Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: Who do you like more: Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston? (65 votes)

Mariah Carey 29%
Whitney Houston 71%

Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston, two of the most popular female artists worldwide. Two of the best-selling female artists too and because of their great vocal talent and skills, they (along with Celine Dion) have been popularly called as the Voice Trinity.

But who do you like more? Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston

#51 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio

Whitney. That lady was awesome.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#52 Edited by termiteone4ever (12855 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both

I must say Whitney blows her out the waters

#53 Posted by sineyaprime (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

@necronn- said:

You guys got your facts backwards af.

I'll post links when I get to a pc.

Just thought I'd ask, were you ever able to find those links?

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
#54 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (7471 posts) - - Show Bio

WH!

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
#55 Posted by deactivated-599632ff76068 (1029 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by sineyaprime (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

Mariah cuz she's Thicc.

Avatar image for ultimateavatard
#58 Posted by UltimateAvatard (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: ??? Whitney was a way better live performer than Mariah Carey and was often known to eclipse her studio version.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5e9aqfi2aro

#59 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27814 posts) - - Show Bio

Houston might have the best voice in history of pop to this day imo. Mariah is good but can't compare.

#77 Posted by Lan_Fan (14830 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Whitney, I usually don't like Mariah's songs that much.

#82 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@martincito: Mariah wwas never good live?. That is a lie. She is one of the greatest and Whitney herself praised her. Don't coe here talking about anyboy losing part of her voice wgen Whitney lost part of hers due to drugs. And making fun of mental illness is truly pathetic.

#84 Posted by primebonnick (4291 posts) - - Show Bio

Whitney that voice was unmatched

#85 Posted by chiochips_5 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Hello! I voted for Whitney Houston because for me at her peak she had better voice than Mariah and because i've been to their concerts and even in her prime Mariah sang along pre-recorded tracks live!

#86 Posted by chiochips_5 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: The best selling female singer of all time is Madonna who has sold more than 300 millions records and even Guinness confirmed it,those lambs can't change it!And Celine surpassed Mariah too(Dion has sold 235 millions record and Carey 220 millions).

#87 Posted by chiochips_5 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: It is your personally subjectively opinion and i guess you are 10-15-years old kid! For me and for every mature person i've asked Whitney Houston at her prime and even after that was better than Carey on any day.

#88 Posted by chiochips_5 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Let's be real! I've asked many mature people and all of them told me that at their primes Whitney Houston had richer and more feminine tone than Mariah.The only people i've asked who choose Carey are kids and teenagers. Even the people who prefer Mariah's songs tell me that Whitney had far better voice.

#89 Posted by Crimson_Lord (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

Whitney Houston.

#90 Posted by chiochips_5 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: @staticspeedster: You should be retarded and without musician ear if you think that Whitney could not sing!She was far better than Mariah and i don't care about fucking melisma,leave it to the kids and teens who fight on Internet!

#91 Edited by Sonia8 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@sineyaprime: @sineyaprime:I pick Whitney because she could really sing and had rich and feminine voice!Mariah Carey has always sounded like a cat punched with baseball bat in the stomach and she is one of the lip sync queens!Like someone else said in the comments I can't imagine how a mature person will prefer her,maybe only kids,tens and retarded people!And don't say who is the greatest singer of all time because it is highly subjectively! For me Mariah is on of the worst singers of all time and it is my opinion! And she has never written a song alone and never composed music, i can do it better than her because i can play on instruments and not only piano!

#92 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiochips_5 said:

@agent41: Let's be real! I've asked many mature people and all of them told me that at their primes Whitney Houston had richer and more feminine tone than Mariah.The only people i've asked who choose Carey are kids and teenagers. Even the people who prefer Mariah's songs tell me that Whitney had far better voice.

Let's be real. Only somebody without an ear for music would say that Mariah can't sing.

Whatever you like Whitney's tone more doesn't change the fact that Mariah is also one of the greats just like Whitney. And post vocal prime Whitney can not be called a better singer than post vocal prime Mariah from a technical point of view. Let alone better than Mariah at her prime.

#93 Posted by Ceci19 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Both of them were great but i like Whitney's voice more too.

#94 Posted by vsw (2930 posts) - - Show Bio

Wh

#95 Edited by Ceci19 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@sineyaprime: First of all there are opera singers like Maria Callas who is considered as the greatest opera singer of all time who slays Mariah and second technically speaking Barbra Streisand is far better vocalist than Mariah( the only thing Mariah has is wider range but Barbra takes everything else,she has better low notes,mid notes,high notes,more power,better control,more vibrato and better resonance and she is more than 75-years old and still can sing really good unlike Mariah who is 48-years old and now barely hold a note)!And for me Whitney had better voice than both of them!

#96 Posted by Ceci19 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Technically speaking Barbra is better than Mariah!Mariah has only wider range but Streisand takes everything else(low notes,mid notes,high notes,more power,vibrato and better resonance)!

#97 Posted by Ceci19 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Who really cares about melisma,run and riffs and all of these stupidity?Ok you started it and even though i don't care at all about these things i tell you that Barbra Streisand is the best technically!Mariah has wider range and whistle but Barbra is better in everything else-her low,mid and high notes are more controlled(especially low notes),she has more power in the voice,vibrato and Streisand has better resonance too so she is far better vocalist than Carey!

#98 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@ceci19 said:

@agent41: Technically speaking Barbra is better than Mariah!Mariah has only wider range but Streisand takes everything else(low notes,mid notes,high notes,more power,vibrato and better resonance)!

Barbara is a better singer than Whitney as well. So you won't help your case by bringing her over here. Mariah at 48 can very much still sing. Not like before but neither could Whitney.

#99 Posted by Johnny_5 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: A young Whitney Houston was better than Carey on any day. And let's don't play this game with the melisma and abilities because like someone says on the comments Barbra Streisand is far better vocalist than Mariah and all the musicians know that! Why do you bring Aguilera? She has a good voice but can't control it and that's the reason her nickname is Screamtina.

#100 Posted by Ceci19 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Yes Barbra is better technically but i think that only tone deaf person can prefer her tone over theirs!I'm not obsessed fanatic of neither and that's the reason i didn't vote!