Who are the Best and Worst Current Singers?

• 166 results
Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Best: Brendon Urie, Ariana, Taylor, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Adele, Rihanna

Worst: Drake, Cardi B, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, Old Miley Cyrus (the new one is great)

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gonna throw Ed Sheeran and Adele out there. I love listening to them sing.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ed Sheeran

Drake.

kurt_saulenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By kurt_saulenne

I get that musical choices are opinion based, but, like, can't they still be wrong? I don't understand how on every thread, on any forum on the internet, half of them listed as vocalists, when the aren't even vocalists. Or they're just terrible vocalists. Which in itself, when compared to higher caliber voices, is not an opinion but fact. I guess I just won't expect much from people. Not sure why I expected decent answers in the first place. Silly me.

As for the OP:

Since they are both still alive, I'll list who I think the two greatest "singers" of all time are. Along with more listed alongside them. I'll try to cover all main genres. Not performers or the most popular artists, but singers/vocalists.

• Michael Bolton (my personal favorite. Unreal talent. A shame he's gotten older but that happens to everyone. Other than Dion no one is close IMO)
  • Celine Dion
  • Steve Perry
  • Brent Smith
  • Ann Wilson
  • Brett Scallions
  • Ronnie Dunn
  • Sebastian Bach
  • Layne Staley
  • Whitney Houston
  • Luther Vandross
  • Richard Marx
  • Among many other talented singers.
Kaizergenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worst: Billie Eilish

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 cocacolaman  Moderator

Best: I like Dua Lipa but I’m not sure who the best is

Worst: Ignoring mumble rappers? Probs Cardi B

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best: Beyonce, Adele, Ariana, and maybe some smaller singers on social media platforms I can’t name

Worst: Cardi B, BhadBhabie, Blueface, and many rappers

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't listen to many modern singers, but J.J. Julius Son from Kaleo is absolutely amazing IMO.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurt_saulenne: You are very right, taste might be subjective but actual vocal ability is technical and skill based. Also your list has many great singers, Michael Bolton (his duet with Mariah is a classic) and Luther Vandross def deserves his flowers here.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soratoumiga: your list is a bit scattered vocally. do you mean them as vocalists or artists?

Nerise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best: Drake
Worst: Ed Sheeran

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lil Uzi Vert

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SpareHeadOne

Worst: Drake

Best: Ed Sheeran

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167  Edited By eslay03

Judging by the vocals alone of popular, modern artists (if they haven’t been popular the past couple of years I didn’t count them):

Best (Male): Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Brendon Urie, Lewis Capaldi

Best (Female): Adele, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Rihanna

Worst (Male): Drake, Machine Gun Kelly, *insert mumble rappers*

Worst (Female): Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Lizzo, Cardi B, Taylor Swift

It‘s a interesting process to try and sort something like this out. There’s some in “Best“ who‘ can sing really well, but I don’t like their music (Ariana Grande); and there‘s some in “worst” that don’t have a terrific voice, but I sometimes enjoy their music (Taylor Swift).

It also is important to note that just because someone is in “Worst” doesn’t mean that they are indeed atrocious, just that they’re not nearly as good as someone at they’re level should be.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best is the weeknd and ed Sheran, imo

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

Judging by the vocals alone of popular, modern artists (if they haven’t been popular the past couple of years I didn’t count them):

Best (Male): Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Brendon Urie, Lewis Capaldi

Best (Female): Adele, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Rihanna

Worst (Male): Drake, Machine Gun Kelly, *insert mumble rappers*

Worst (Female): Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Lizzo, Cardi B, Taylor Swift

It‘s a interesting process to try and sort something like this out. There’s some in “Best“ who‘ can sing really well, but I don’t like their music (Ariana Grande); and there‘s some in “worst” that don’t have a terrific voice, but I sometimes enjoy their music (Taylor Swift).

It also is important to note that just because someone is in “Worst” doesn’t mean that they are indeed atrocious, just that they’re not nearly as good as someone at they’re level should be.

Agree overall except for rihanna (she's pretty far from the same tier as Gaga and Bey) and Miley (even if her tone is insanely annoying technically she's pretty good).

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ImpossibleImpy

I don't pay much attention to vocalists, lyrics or rock or pop songs I only notice if they are out of tune, I perfer instrumental music these days and most pop songs you hear have probably gone through some weirdo Weinstein hollyweird Epstein record industry 'casting couch' and their voices are also typically faked and auto-tuned by a machine.

The best singers are probably the old ones, classically trained like Luciano Pavarotti, Maria Callas, Anna Netrebko, Kiri Te Kanawa, Boris Christoff, Ramon Vargas, Andrea Bocelli, the language of English can be a nice sounding langauge but the Italian language is especially good for the tones of the human voice.

I personally like some jazz and folk musicians also like Louis Armstrong, some of the religious festival music you have in Asia like the Hindu Bollywood type dance stuff on the streets look interesting but I don't know enough about the culture to make a judgement as to what is 'best' or I also like the Mongolian throat singers that sing chords.

Music is different today, the Freddie Mercury type classic rock people and Aretha Franklin and old-school people like this come from a different era, they either were in tune or were wrong and out of tune, you had no digital mixing desks and processors to 'fix' some persons voice back then they had to perform real and on-stage live and in front of a real audience without camera tricks or backstage fx.

alijawad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By alijawad