Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iknowwhoyouare

This is what the media is telling you or rather misleading you to believe

This is what actually happened

If you watch carefully you'll see the black teen who was shot had a knife and tried to stab another black teen. Now make your judgement.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cocacolaman  Moderator

Imagine if the media gave you facts and let you judge for yourself. What a sight that would be.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Snowflakes are allergic to facts. Indoctrinated kids these days with minimal life experience think they know more about reality than their elders. It's no wonder why the older generation looks down on us as soft. (Not us specifically but this generation as a whole)

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are less lethal options than just gunning a person down though. That knife would have gone out of her hands with taser fire, or with better combat training. I don’t think this is something racist, but you can’t argue that police are on edge these days and have the means to neutralize the situation without using lethal force. Better training and frequent evaluations

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: How and where can they get this training?

It should be training they already have as police. They teach you more than just how to kill people in academy. The evaluations tho will probably only come from better funding

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iknowwhoyouare Wow, just wow. How dumb do you have to be to think Cops don't get training?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: How and where can they get this training?

Don't you know every police officer is supposed to be trained in just as many fields as batman?

Law, Psychology, Marksmanship, Martial arts, Medicine....

gosh, that's really easy to do.

I mean the cop only showed good split second judgement, and quickly made a difficult shot for a cop.

that's' not good enough. He should of teleported like an animu character and karate chopped the knife out of the assailants hand...

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are less lethal options than just gunning a person down though. That knife would have gone out of her hands with taser fire, or with better combat training. I don’t think this is something racist, but you can’t argue that police are on edge these days and have the means to neutralize the situation without using lethal force. Better training and frequent evaluations

You do realize, that people power through tasers... like all the time right?

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194 said:

I get that. And I get he also had a split second decision to act, maybe better funding could provide more effective tasers that aren’t so easily powered thru, if not then what’s the point of having tasers to begin with

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thekillerklok

@firestarlord73194 said:
@thekillerklok said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

I get that. And I get he also had a split second decision to act, maybe better funding could provide more effective tasers that aren’t so easily powered thru, if not then what’s the point of having tasers to begin with

Tasers are in many places considered a lethal or Less then lethal (meaning a less lethal option then the gun.)

This is at the levels that are are often powered through. Because of the tasers unfortunate effect on some health issues, and the number of people who die when being tased.

it's not a funding issue.

to simplify it's still a lethal option, just one that's less likely to kill.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

America is lethal for blacks

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see people say that they refuse to watch the footage and jumps to a conclusion. I don't even understand why people on Twitter are saying this was a result of racism or something like that. Just watch the real footage.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 King_Saturn  Online

This incident was no where near as bad as some of the other incidents we have seen in the past. I was watching ESPN this morning and they had Spike Lee on there and he was acting as though this incident was a lot like George Floyd in terms of the nature of what was happening with Police Brutality and Injustice. That's what made me watch the actual video to see what was going on. The Girl even though see was 16 years old was rushing at someone with a Knife to attack and The officer shot her. The thing that gets me is why are they even fighting like that when the Police are on the scene ? That's usually the time to stop fighting cause you know what is possibly coming next.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@iknowwhoyouare Wow, just wow. How dumb do you have to be to think Cops don't get training?

How dumb do you have to be to not understand the question I'm asking?

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iknowwhoyouare You said how and where are they getting this training. Which is widely used as an almost sarcastic way of saying, they are not getting this training. But if you want a literal answer, I have never been a cop. But I certainly can't just hand them a degree and say, I'm good enough.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: The question wasn't "Do they get training?"

Obviously they do and should receive training. This isn't some video game where you can press the reset button and start all over again. One mistake and someone could die.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

meanwhile Lebron James is calling for the death of the cop who saved that women...

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Belando

@thekillerklok: meanwhile Lebron James is calling for the death of the cop who saved that women...

You don't think he means "you're next", as in like Chauvin? :-)

Pretty sure that's the normal way to interpret that. #accountabability

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

This is interesting. First off, this guy shot (or tried to) shoot her four times, so either he was intentionally trying to kill her or was so poorly trained that he couldn't help but use lethal force against a completely inappropriate target.

A taser would have been sufficient, especially against a 16-year-old girl. I by some miracle she resisted the taser, which in all likelihood would allow the other person to get away, there were many, many other options. How about shooting in the air to scare her into stopping? How about shooting her once? Why the hell would he shoot four times when the knife attacker is very close to the victim. His immediate assessment was oh shit, this kid has a knife,KILL. That is an inappropriate use of lethal force.

Now, obviously, we can't determine the intent. All we know was that this cop got out of the car, immediately saw the knife, said get down 4 times, and then proceeded to shoot within 5 seconds or so. Is this racist? We can't say for sure the cop was only doing it because they were black, but there is a better chance unconscious bias made him register her as a bigger threat faster. The undeniable fact, though, is that he totally jumped the gun.

Now, I think the problem is that "the left" makes it about race immediately, and "the right" immediately gets defensive. The takeaway here is that cops need more money so they can have more training and more rigorous screening for admission. The trend across the past few decades is that there are a lot of "bad apples" that abuse power and lethal force. The cops that harassed that Lieutenant and this murder are two recent examples. Some cops are assholes, on power trips, or just very poorly trained.

This cop was trying to kill her, in my opinion. 4 shots. A taser, a shot in the air, or one bullet should all have been enough to temporarily stop her from stabbing. The fact that terrorists, mass shooters, and violent criminals are all neutralized without lethal force proves that, with proper training, situations like these can be resolved much better.

And, to everyone who is on the cop's side, can we at least admit that the police system needs a rehaul? Better training, better screening, better restrictions, better accountability, more punishments to keep "bad apples" in check. No, the solution is not to riot or hate all police, but neither is acting like there are zero problems at all. In my opinion, BLM is counterproductive because it gives pro-cop/conservatives reasons to hate movements advocating for changing police systems.

To me, BLM is confusing because it doesn't really have an end goal. America is racist - fine, sure, but do what about that? Hating cops is not gonna stop them from abusing power. Convicting the one bad cop that happened to be caught in the news is not gonna stop future cops from doing the same. BLM is focusing so much on race and America is sooo racist that it fails to solve the problem logistically. I think anti-BLM people would be more likely to accept doctrine like "hey, can we reform the police system?" No, don't defund the police, you idiots, that means the cops get worse. The police need more funding so that training, accountability, and rules can be reformed to prevent these things from happening.

The problem is that both sides are too focused on blaming the other side rather than solving the problem. There is no sense of compromise. It is either AMERICA RACIST NO WE HATE COPS or WHAT THE HELL LYING LEFTIST MEDIA HATES COPS.

"The left" is acting like racism is the problem and then not trying to fix it. They're playing the blame game really well: racism, cops, and institutional American discrimination. But what legislative differences do you want that will actually work?

"The right" is acting like there are zero problems at all and deflecting all blame. "Hey, George Floyd probably shouldn't have been murdered how he was, that was misuse of lethal force" HELL NO FLOYD WAS CRIMINAL SCUM THAT SOLD DRUGS, DIDN'T DIE FROM SUFFOCATION, DESERVED TO DIE" -- like, okay that's fine, but can we agree that police should not be trained to put their knees on necks as a form of restraint? Maybe change training, make more repercussions, improve screening? Instead of proposing that the left shut the hell up lying libtard media, maybe actually propose an alternative solution. If you are proposing an alternative solution, you should be saying that much louder than you blame the left and deflect blame, because that will actually get stuff done.

As usual, both sides of the media (CNN and FOX mainly) are tearing each other apart without trying to solve any problems that don't result in the entire destruction of the opposition's ideals or solutions. The most vocal advocates (even if they are minorities) of each side are just causing conflict, circle-jerking their own confirmation bias going haha holy shit don't you hate ____ other side because of ____ reason? I can find so many examples of this on CV alone, or this thread even, let alone Twitter or other cesspools of hate that are much worse.

Just a non-biased, non-affiliated person coming through blaming both sides for not doing anything right.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not all Cops are trained well. Even then those who do get training hardly if ever get refresher courses which they need. Not to mention the psychological help they need. With everything going on I have no doubt that Cops are hyper aware nervous and on edge which will lead to bad things happening.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thekillerklok

@thespartanb345t said:

This is interesting. First off, this guy shot (or tried to) shoot her four times, so either he was intentionally trying to kill her or was so poorly trained that he couldn't help but use lethal force against a completely inappropriate target.

A taser would have been sufficient, especially against a 16-year-old girl. I by some miracle she resisted the taser, which in all likelihood would allow the other person to get away, there were many, many other options. How about shooting in the air to scare her into stopping? How about shooting her once? Why the hell would he shoot four times when the knife attacker is very close to the victim. His immediate assessment was oh shit, this kid has a knife,KILL. That is an inappropriate use of lethal force.

Now, obviously, we can't determine the intent. All we know was that this cop got out of the car, immediately saw the knife, said get down 4 times, and then proceeded to shoot within 5 seconds or so. Is this racist? We can't say for sure the cop was only doing it because they were black, but there is a better chance unconscious bias made him register her as a bigger threat faster. The undeniable fact, though, is that he totally jumped the gun.

Now, I think the problem is that "the left" makes it about race immediately, and "the right" immediately gets defensive. The takeaway here is that cops need more money so they can have more training and more rigorous screening for admission. The trend across the past few decades is that there are a lot of "bad apples" that abuse power and lethal force. The cops that harassed that Lieutenant and this murder are two recent examples. Some cops are assholes, on power trips, or just very poorly trained.

This cop was trying to kill her, in my opinion. 4 shots. A taser, a shot in the air, or one bullet should all have been enough to temporarily stop her from stabbing. The fact that terrorists, mass shooters, and violent criminals are all neutralized without lethal force proves that, with proper training, situations like these can be resolved much better.

And, to everyone who is on the cop's side, can we at least admit that the police system needs a rehaul? Better training, better screening, better restrictions, better accountability, more punishments to keep "bad apples" in check. No, the solution is not to riot or hate all police, but neither is acting like there are zero problems at all. In my opinion, BLM is counterproductive because it gives pro-cop/conservatives reasons to hate movements advocating for changing police systems.

To me, BLM is confusing because it doesn't really have an end goal. America is racist - fine, sure, but do what about that? Hating cops is not gonna stop them from abusing power. Convicting the one bad cop that happened to be caught in the news is not gonna stop future cops from doing the same. BLM is focusing so much on race and America is sooo racist that it fails to solve the problem logistically. I think anti-BLM people would be more likely to accept doctrine like "hey, can we reform the police system?" No, don't defund the police, you idiots, that means the cops get worse. The police need more funding so that training, accountability, and rules can be reformed to prevent these things from happening.

The problem is that both sides are too focused on blaming the other side rather than solving the problem. There is no sense of compromise. It is either AMERICA RACIST NO WE HATE COPS or WHAT THE HELL LYING LEFTIST MEDIA HATES COPS.

"The left" is acting like racism is the problem and then not trying to fix it. They're playing the blame game really well: racism, cops, and institutional American discrimination. But what legislative differences do you want that will actually work?

"The right" is acting like there are zero problems at all and deflecting all blame. "Hey, George Floyd probably shouldn't have been murdered how he was, that was misuse of lethal force" HELL NO FLOYD WAS CRIMINAL SCUM THAT SOLD DRUGS, DIDN'T DIE FROM SUFFOCATION, DESERVED TO DIE" -- like, okay that's fine, but can we agree that police should not be trained to put their knees on necks as a form of restraint? Maybe change training, make more repercussions, improve screening? Instead of proposing that the left shut the hell up lying libtard media, maybe actually propose an alternative solution. If you are proposing an alternative solution, you should be saying that much louder than you blame the left and deflect blame, because that will actually get stuff done.

As usual, both sides of the media (CNN and FOX mainly) are tearing each other apart without trying to solve any problems that don't result in the entire destruction of the opposition's ideals or solutions. The most vocal advocates (even if they are minorities) of each side are just causing conflict, circle-jerking their own confirmation bias going haha holy shit don't you hate ____ other side because of ____ reason? I can find so many examples of this on CV alone, or this thread even, let alone Twitter or other cesspools of hate that are much worse.

Just a non-biased, non-affiliated person coming through blaming both sides for not doing anything right.

this guy shot (or tried to) shoot her four times

You are clearly ignorant on the field of ballistics.

A cop is most probably issued a 9mm with like a 3-4.5 inch barrel.

A handful of departments are still sticking to the old 40s, but anymore it's mostly boring ass glocks, as most follow the FBI recommendations, based on testing aimed to find the caliber with the easiest training curve while still being effective on the intended target.

cops, are often trained to quickly hit their target center mass with several rounds.

that's because the effectiveness of pistol calibers is determined by what area of the body it hits and whether or not it damages something vital. It's not uncommon of for someone to be shoot several times by the largely ineffectual pistol rounds, and still not be incapacitated.

In my opinion if the cop in this shot only once center mass with a pistol round, he should be fired for poor judgement.

Personally If a citizen was in a situation where say a clown was charging a little girl with a knife, and they shot the clown 10 times, I would expect the shooting to be deemed justified in most cases.

A taser would have been sufficient

questionable, have you ever tried to hit a sprinting target at a distance with a taser?

I am sure the answer to that question is no, because it's neither easy, or a good decision...

the knife attacker is very close to the victim. His immediate assessment was oh shit, this kid has a knife,KILL. That is an inappropriate use of lethal force

Knives are extremely lethal at close distances... and is blatantly an immediate threat.

its a sad reality that it takes just an instant, to do enough damage with a knife to straight up end someone.

Like if the cop didn't take action, and knife girl got off a second of stabbing, that's enough to be a serious threat to her life even with medical attention...

e can't say for sure the cop was only doing it because they were black, but there is a better chance unconscious bias made him register her as a bigger threat faster. The undeniable fact, though, is that he totally jumped the gun.

This is dumb and you should feel bad. The knife was the blatent threat, and it was serious...

Now, I think the problem is that "the left" makes it about race immediately, and "the right" immediately gets defensive.

No the problem is the Left media, Likes to play the race narrative for ratings, and the leftists themselves are children who can't think critically and eat up everything they are told by the media, while also believing earnestly that they are the counter culture, fighting the man or something...

The takeaway here is that cops need more money so they can have more training and more rigorous screening for admission.

I disagree, That cop made good split second judgements, and should be commended.

To me, BLM is confusing because it doesn't really have an end goal. America is racist - fine, sure, but do what about that? Hating cops is not gonna stop them from abusing power. Convicting the one bad cop that happened to be caught in the news is not gonna stop future cops from doing the same. BLM is focusing so much on race and America is sooo racist that it fails to solve the problem logistically.

... I actually agree on this.

Part of enacting change is figuring specifically what changed should be enacted, and creating a good logical argument to convince others with. If you fail to do that, and riot anyway, you are just a child throwing a tantrum.

CNN (my ability to format broke so Imagine this is quoted.)

Loading Video...

obligatory video of the CNN director admitting to suppressing stories that don't fit blm narrative.

Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justifiable.

Its not like Cops aren't becoming worse and worse as time passes.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely tragic. She was only a child, and yet had reached the mental state where she was willing to attack another child with a blade. What sort of environment lead to this?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A tazer isn't guaranteed to make her drop the knife. Hell, not even shooting her guarantees she'll drop the knife immediately, as there have been plenty of cases where people get shot or stabbed without realizing it.

And what is he supposed to sprint over, intercept the knife, and disarm/restrain her before she stabs the other girl?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194 said:

A tazer isn't guaranteed to make her drop the knife. Hell, not even shooting her guarantees she'll drop the knife immediately, as there have been plenty of cases where people get shot or stabbed without realizing it.

And what is he supposed to sprint over, intercept the knife, and disarm/restrain her before she stabs the other girl?

Like I Poked fun at earlier, the Left wants all cops to be batman.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat:

You can thank affirmative action and defunding of departments for that

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat:

Can't hire the right person for the job, race be damned, gotta get those racial quotas.

and don't even think about not hiring those women who don't have the physicality to restrain suspects on their own without going to their toolkits.

And yes, there are some female cops who are very capable, I am just not a fan of the hiring of those who aren't. Nor am I a fan of calling the standards sexist because most females can't meet them... because I am more concerned about reality then ideals.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@areneacaulem: I personally don't hate those guns that shoot the nets with the hooks that embed themselves into jeans or skin.

I would never use one, as the legal protections for using non lethals in the proper situations would have to expanded first.

"Your honor, I didn't feel threatened enough to use lethal force." is a good way to end up with a felony.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

If you ain't FTE, then you don't deserve to be a cop.

Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterymeat:

Then they'll just become more desperate and abuse the hell out of whatever power they have left.

Firing them in mass numbers is a better idea.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

Just FYI, you don’t have to be batman to stop an overweight 16 year old with a knife. Another FYI, I’m neither left or right. Just because someone comments on a shooting doesn’t mean they have any political affiliation

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Thekillerklok

@firestarlord73194 said:
@thekillerklok said:
@zetsu-san said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

Just FYI, you don’t have to be batman to stop an overweight 16 year old with a knife. Another FYI, I’m neither left or right. Just because someone comments on a shooting doesn’t mean they have any political affiliation

Under the circumstances in the video, yes... you would have had to have been batman to teleport what was it like 5 yards to martial arts a knife out of the hands of an attacker who was already on top of the person being attacked...

And, let me clue you in on a little secret... I wasn't actually really responding to you, nor do I care what your political affiliation is. Your just the poor fool who made the same bad argument.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see nothing wrong here.

Aside from the US media trying to stir controversy as usual

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh

Damn shame

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok:

You're quite perfectly proving my point. You managed to peruse my post, pick out every "leftist" opinion I had, and disagreed with it while agreeing with all my criticisms of "the left". When it was "the right's" turn to be criticized, you went oh no well it is actually all the liberals' fault!

that's because the effectiveness of pistol calibers is determined by what area of the body it hits and whether or not it damages something vital.

Yeah, if by effectiveness you mean killing; it is pretty ridiculous to imply that the cop had to hit vital organs to stop a teenage girl from just bulldozing through bullets like a 6' 5" thug hopped up on drugs or adrenaline because it is blatantly false. How many instances are you going to find of a teenage girl walking through bullets without skipping a beat? zero

It's not uncommon of for someone to be shoot several times by the largely ineffectual pistol rounds, and still not be incapacitated.

This is just silly. First, no, humans are not goddamn bears that can walk through bullets, especially not women, and especially not 16-year-olds. A 9 mm may not kill in one shot, but its effectiveness for police first and foremost is to knock someone down. 9 mm rounds are very good at knocking people down, even pistol rounds have crazy amounts of force. Since bullet rounds stay inside the body and don't penetrate through in many instances, the person will have to stop what they are doing at least for a second because of the force. Soldiers with vests on are often put out of commission temporarily because of the sheer force of a bullet.

There is no way a 16-year-old girl would not pause for a second after being shot once by a 9 mm, and the victim in pink only needed a split second to get away.

My bigger issue I have, however, is this:

No the problem is the Left media, Likes to play the race narrative for ratings, and the leftists themselves are children who can't think critically and eat up everything they are told by the media, while also believing earnestly that they are the counter culture, fighting the man or something...

Like, this was literally your response to me saying "yes, leftists can be dumb, but conservatives also need to stop deflecting blame and accept that there is a problem" - and you proceeded to counter that by deflecting blame onto the left and acting like there isn't a problem. I can't make this up, the irony of your response is hilarious.

leftists themselves are children who can't think critically and eat up everything they are told

More irony. Your tendency to characterize people with different opinions as you as "leftist children" just makes you look like a child. God forbid you actually realize that people just as smart as you or smarter exist, and they have different opinions. Yes, the left has issues, we both agree on that. However, in response to:

Now, I think the problem is that "the left" makes it about race immediately, and "the right" immediately gets defensive.

You said no the problem is the left, predictably and immaturely. It is really easy to not be at fault on anything if you just blame the political opposition every single time, demeaning their intelligence to satisfy your own confirmation bias. What is harder, and requires actual thought and maturity, is recognizing other opinions as valid, recognizing humans with different political opinions as actual adults with lives, and recognizing that everyone was raised with their respective beliefs, and you would probably be a "leftist child" if you were born into the right circumstances.

You highlighted the part where I roasted BLM and their incapability to get stuff done and said haha hell yeah brother leftists bad CNN bad am I right guys and then completely ignored the parts where I roasted conservative anti-BLMers, which I'm guessing you align with to some degree.

We agree on "the left" being bad, I don't want to circlejerk back and forth on how bad they are. I'd prefer an actual conversation about both sides, because "the right" is just as wrong in just as many ways. You posted a clip of CNN being bad, but what do you think of FOX, actually? I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but if you regularly watch FOX News you have zero right to poke fun at CNN when you consume equally bad, if not worse, lies from media outlets. Just because it makes your confirmation bias feel good when you watch it doesn't mean it is true.

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartan taking people to class on clear, concise arguments, point making.

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could have just tackled her to the ground rather than shooting.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cocacolaman  Moderator

@thespartanb345t: If I can comment, I’d say that FOX is no longer the “right wing” equivalent of CNN. I’d give that title to Newsmax, a media outlet many Republicans turned to after FOX called Arizona early for Biden IIRC, and is the prime example of media manipulation for “right wing” people, almost equal to CNN and MSNBC . The media has far too much power in the United States.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194 said:
@thekillerklok said:
@zetsu-san said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

Under the circumstances in the video, yes... you would have had to have been batman to teleport what was it like 5 yards to martial arts a knife out of the hands of an attacker who was already on top of the person being attacked...

And, let me clue you in on a little secret... I wasn't actually really responding to you, nor do I care what your political affiliation is. Your just the poor fool who made the same bad argument.

You responded to someone who responded to me and your comments seemed to be in reference to me. But great I don’t care either, have a good day

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that what you would've done as a cop?

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novaprime2 said:

Is that what you would've done as a cop?

Either that or I would've used a stun gun instead.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people just want to be anti-cop no matter the context.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do you ever post anything that isn't politcal?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Yup her mom or whatever was out lying to trying to make the girl appear to be another "victim" too🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zetsu-San

@thespartanb345t: I don't think you understand how the human body works. It's not about being a drug addict or being built like Rambo. The fact of the matter is, people get shot and they don't realize it. This happens all the time. Adrenaline is very good at dulling pain in order to keep the body from going into immediate shock.

People have bled out from knife wounds and bullet wounds, because they were so in denial of ever being hit, that they didn't even try to seek medical attention or so much as put pressure on the wound. Hell, people have gotten mauled by bears and had organs hanging out their body, and flatout didn't realize that they were even injured.

So yea, it can and often does take multiple shots to put someone down and eliminate the threat. The attacker wasn't 15+ feet from the girl in pink, she was pressed right up against the would-be victim, and was shot MID SWING. A slight delay in pain registration, and she very well could have completed that swing. He is fully justified in firing multiple rounds.

In fact, if the police did anything wrong here, it's not immediately sending an officer after the girl in pink, to make sure that she wasn't stabbed or hit by a stray/over-penetrating round.

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san:

Yeah my argument wasn't about the pain, I understand people can go through it. I'm just saying that that girl could NOT walk through bullets, a bullet makes you fall down or stumble 9/10 times, because physics. A 9 mm round that tends to stay inside your body (they often have to extract it for infection) will knock someone down, if not make them pause for a second. A 150 lb woman can not simply walk through bullets like the movies, they will be halted by the momentum of the bullet if not knocked down.

That girl would have been halted by the bullet, and the pink shirted girl would have run away in that split second.

I don't think the cop is evil, he made a split second reaction and shot too many times. I think they poorly handled it afterward, and shooting a criminal so close to a victim is very risky, but I don't think the problem was the cop.

To be honest, I just think more training should happen for cops, annually, that isn't much to ask for and hurts nobody. Also, police unions maybe should be regulated more, they tend to protect bad cops. As for this specific situation, it doesn't deserve the outrage, it's more of a questionable instance that is "interesting" because of the circumstances, but not something deserving of a murser charge.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people just want to be anti-cop no matter the context.

Didn't know tasers and restraining kids is difficult now.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Thekillerklok

@thespartanb345t said:

@thekillerklok:

You're quite perfectly proving my point. You managed to peruse my post, pick out every "leftist" opinion I had, and disagreed with it while agreeing with all my criticisms of "the left". When it was "the right's" turn to be criticized, you went oh no well it is actually all the liberals' fault!

that's because the effectiveness of pistol calibers is determined by what area of the body it hits and whether or not it damages something vital.

Yeah, if by effectiveness you mean killing; it is pretty ridiculous to imply that the cop had to hit vital organs to stop a teenage girl from just bulldozing through bullets like a 6' 5" thug hopped up on drugs or adrenaline because it is blatantly false. How many instances are you going to find of a teenage girl walking through bullets without skipping a beat? zero

It's not uncommon of for someone to be shoot several times by the largely ineffectual pistol rounds, and still not be incapacitated.

This is just silly. First, no, humans are not goddamn bears that can walk through bullets, especially not women, and especially not 16-year-olds. A 9 mm may not kill in one shot, but its effectiveness for police first and foremost is to knock someone down. 9 mm rounds are very good at knocking people down, even pistol rounds have crazy amounts of force. Since bullet rounds stay inside the body and don't penetrate through in many instances, the person will have to stop what they are doing at least for a second because of the force. Soldiers with vests on are often put out of commission temporarily because of the sheer force of a bullet.

There is no way a 16-year-old girl would not pause for a second after being shot once by a 9 mm, and the victim in pink only needed a split second to get away.

My bigger issue I have, however, is this:

Like, this was literally your response to me saying "yes, leftists can be dumb, but conservatives also need to stop deflecting blame and accept that there is a problem" - and you proceeded to counter that by deflecting blame onto the left and acting like there isn't a problem. I can't make this up, the irony of your response is hilarious.

leftists themselves are children who can't think critically and eat up everything they are told

More irony. Your tendency to characterize people with different opinions as you as "leftist children" just makes you look like a child. God forbid you actually realize that people just as smart as you or smarter exist, and they have different opinions. Yes, the left has issues, we both agree on that. However, in response to:

You said no the problem is the left, predictably and immaturely. It is really easy to not be at fault on anything if you just blame the political opposition every single time, demeaning their intelligence to satisfy your own confirmation bias. What is harder, and requires actual thought and maturity, is recognizing other opinions as valid, recognizing humans with different political opinions as actual adults with lives, and recognizing that everyone was raised with their respective beliefs, and you would probably be a "leftist child" if you were born into the right circumstances.

You highlighted the part where I roasted BLM and their incapability to get stuff done and said haha hell yeah brother leftists bad CNN bad am I right guys and then completely ignored the parts where I roasted conservative anti-BLMers, which I'm guessing you align with to some degree.

We agree on "the left" being bad, I don't want to circlejerk back and forth on how bad they are. I'd prefer an actual conversation about both sides, because "the right" is just as wrong in just as many ways. You posted a clip of CNN being bad, but what do you think of FOX, actually? I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but if you regularly watch FOX News you have zero right to poke fun at CNN when you consume equally bad, if not worse, lies from media outlets. Just because it makes your confirmation bias feel good when you watch it doesn't mean it is true.

You're quite perfectly proving my point. You managed to peruse my post, pick out every "leftist" opinion I had, and disagreed with it while agreeing with all my criticisms of "the left".

Dude you wrote out a novel, I picked bits and pieces and formed a lengthy response out of those alone... I don't have the time in my life to do anything otherwise...

And I only Agreed with you... once...

The flaw in your argument is that the cop was supposed to just magically know that the chick with a knife wasn't hopped up on some new super speedball.

No I meant the legal standard of shooting to incapacitate... Whether someone dies or not is irrelevant, as the moment the pew pew goes bang, you are using lethal force.

You shoot... to stop your target, and with pistol rounds which are often basically the same as poking a hole through someone, the reality is Without taking in drugs into account, it's a very real possibility that a 9 year old could bulldoze through a round. let alone a 16 YO.

How do I know that? well sadly in this fmessed up world child soldiers aren't an uncommon thing...

And I am not going to elaborate on that topic any further.

the hell you on about? bullets knocking people down?

No if you aren't wearing something that suddenly stops the force, the bullet tends to go through.

If you are wearing something that suddenly stops that force, Conservation of energy is a bitch.

And the reason pistol rounds aren't even in the same league as rifle rounds, and I will clarify I am referring to something standard, as exemptions can apply. the roundsdon't have the energy required to make the flesh expand past the point where it starts tearing open.

This is where the damage from the .22 projectile fired from your standard 556 rifle comes from...

because in this instance I believe the cop should be given an medal, and a pat on the back. Maybe a free meal at a local diner.

I am attacking bad arguments. Sure people smarter then me exist, but the mainstream position currently is, How dare that white cop shoot a 16YO black girl, context be damned, oh and those people sitting fire to multistory buildings and stabbing people... Peaceful protestors.

Baby, I am counter culture now somehow.

Yeah, get off your high horse buddy,

This is where I stand on the political spectrum...

Your preaching to someone left of center... lol

No Caption Provided

And don't make assumptions about the circumstances of my childhood.

You see, I ignored it because I don't care. again Limited time in my life, so yes I cherry picked bits and pieces to respond to, based off of my whims, of what I actually wanted to respond to.

You can hold whatever terrible beliefs you want.

but what do you think of FOX, actually?

I believe not to long ago I called Fox news a trash heap, though I did clarify that CNN was somehow much worse then even Fox.

Though that's unfair, to some of the local news under the fox banner some of which still do actual journalism... but I digress.