Which of these "super soldier" programs would you rather go through?

Posted by JohnCena69swag (4128 posts) 9 days, 20 hours ago

Poll: Which of these "super soldier" programs would you rather go through? (21 votes)

Spartan 2 program (Halo) 71%
Trial of the Grasses (Witcher) 29%

Both have similar survival rates and are described as excruciatingly painful. Consider just the final augmentations and not the lifetime of training. You dont get the gear either.

Advantages of becoming a witcher: significantly longer lifespan, enhanced speed and strength, extremely enhanced senses, immune to disease and most toxins, very successful with the ladies.

Disadvantages of becoming a witcher: sterile, everyone can tell, vulnerable to pitchforks

Advantages of becoming a spartan: increased strength and speed, greatly improved durability, heightened intelligence and focus.

Disadvantages of becoming a spartan: become absolutely freakin massive, may have social issues

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#1 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32576 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by Vengance101 (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartan, the enhanced reflexes are way better than the Witcher's speaking from lore.

Plus nigh indestructible bones and apparently way better damage soak.

#3 Posted by Wut (7438 posts) - - Show Bio

vulnerable to pitchforks

^ That made me laugh. Well played.

Spartan 2, I suppose. I'd rather live in a modern society then in a medieval one, doubly so if I also get the armor and don't have to fight the Covenant.

#4 Posted by Fabricolage (2141 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know Witcher that much, but Spartan 2.

#5 Edited by SocaJunkie (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don’t want to be infertile so this is an easy choice.

#6 Posted by kgb725 (19893 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: That's not the trial of the grasses that gave infertility but OP probably looped them all together

#7 Edited by MyLittleFascist (32576 posts) - - Show Bio

I know very little about Halo, but aren’t Spartans basically government property?

Witchers get to actually travel and do what they want. Not to mention they can learn magic to a degree.

#8 Edited by Daisy_Johnson (1431 posts) - - Show Bio
@mylittlefascist said:

I know very little about Halo, but aren’t Spartans basically government property?

Witchers get to actually travel and do what they want. Not to mention they can learn magic to a degree.

Yup! I don't know anything about The Witcher series, but I love me my Halo! I'm definitely going to take my chances and go with the whole becoming a Witcher thing and getting to do cool sounding Witcher things, because being a Spartan would actually *!%&ing suck ass! Now a bounty hunter from Metroid or something?! That'd be wicked!

#9 Posted by Stormdriven (18137 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t want to be vulnerable to pitchforks, so Spartan

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#10 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7998 posts) - - Show Bio

At least as a Witcher you can have some freedom Spartans really don't have lives outside of fighting

#11 Posted by SpareHeadOne (7276 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher , the enhanced reflexes are way better than the Spartan's speaking from lore. I'd rather live in a modern society then in a medieval one, doubly so if I also get the armor and don't have to fight the Covenant.

Plus nigh indestructible bones and apparently way better damage soak.

#12 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32576 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone: Your answer and your explanation, seem conflicted.

#13 Posted by SpareHeadOne (7276 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Marvelitez (116 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Super Soldier Serum

#15 Posted by GIliad_ (6716 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartans literally go through hell to become what they are. Their childhood consists of being subject to brutal military indoctrination that leaves them lacking basic humanity and the augmentation process is dangerous and excruciating. Being a Spartan would be cool, becoming one would be extremely traumatic.