Which mockery is worse, that you absolutely cannot tolerate, body shaming or racial slurs?

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which mockery is worse, that you absolutely cannot tolerate, body shaming or racial slurs? (19 votes)

Body shaming 32%
Racial slurs 68%

Say at high school you have two friends, one is a fat girl and the other is an african american boy, the three of you were often bullied by Jocks in school. And one day you feel you've had enough of their inappropriate taunts and one of the bullies smears you and her with dog sh*t and throws eggs at the other, what's your reaction?

Who will you defend first?

The girl or the boy?

And this happens outside the school, there are no teachers let alone the principal.

The bullies are big standing 6'2, knows how to fight

No weapons are allowed

Good luck.

• 
PenguinBegins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy both body shaming and racial slurs.

Your little scenario is totally bizarre, "bullied by jocks" why are you assuming that people who play sports would waste their time bullying people and why are none of these "jocks" black? if the school has black students then it would be likely that some of the "jocks" would be black. your entire premise is insane and it's implicitly insulting to both White and Black people.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Racial slurs are slightly worse if forced to pick, but I would defend the fat girl first.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would throw the eggs back first

then probably find something to pick up the dog poop so I can throw it back at them next.

(Ain't going to touch fecal material with my bare hands).

So that would mean, for convenience sake, I would be defending the black boy first.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea that the race and physique of your friends are the only variable determining your course of action in such a scenario (rather than a hundred actual practical considerations) is almost as funny as the scenario itself.

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe they should ban Rap and Tarantino movies for using naughty cuss words

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this scenario, I would care less with the mockery. I'm gonna knock some teeth outta those bullies and make them eat their own shit.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cocacolaman  Moderator

I'm so confused by this scenario....

Racial slurs are slightly worse

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Racial Slurs only because I would be slightly more surprised to hear someone of a pale complexion openly use the "Ninja" word more than calling someone Fat.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What even is the Off Topic board anymore man? Every day there's one of these bizarre scenario threads.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your scenario has nothing to do with your title, lmao.

For the actual question, I would say that racial slurs are worse, if they are understood to be meant seriously. Though bullying someone because of her weight is pretty scummy as well, it doesn't quite reach the same level of malice.

Race. Let’s say someone is fat, they can do something to change that, no one can change their race.

I don't think that that makes it any better. Leaving aside the fact that many people struggle with their weight, it's not any more acceptable to bully someone, just because they are capable of "fixing themselves" to the bully's liking. That feeds into the mentality that people, on some level, deserve it, if it's something they can control.