#1 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Trilogy vs Original Star Wars Trilogy

Which was better? In terms of quality, originality, and in comparison to the later films. Please give reasoning

The Dark Knight Trilogy

No Caption Provided

Or the Original Star Wars Trilogy

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by hyiena (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

SW

#3 Edited by mrmonster (15134 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight. The acting and writing were much better than in Star Wars. Not that I'm bashing Star Wars, the original trilogy is awesome too.

#4 Posted by InvadedTBD (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Star wars, TDK trilogy was unimpressive imo

#5 Posted by PenguinDust (8915 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy them both greatly but I’ve loved Star Wars longer so it gets my vote.

#6 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd: It was unimpressive? Were you expecting an action movie?

Star wars, TDK trilogy was unimpressive imo

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#8 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (892 posts) - - Show Bio

The Empire Strikes Back solos.

#9 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12537 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan’s trilogy is better (Acting, directing etc...), but it’s not as iconic as STAR WARS

#10 Posted by InvadedTBD (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

@risk0608: yes I found the movie unimpressive.

No I wasn't expecting an action movie I was expecting a Batman movie not some lame real life adaption where Batman fights like a robot, doesn't make his gadgets, his detective skills are shit, Alfreds always bitching, I could gone on for days. I guess I just wasn't entertained but like I said that's my opinion.

#11 Posted by Helloman (29664 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were bad.

#12 Posted by deathstroke512 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Tdk trilogy is better imo.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#13 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15848 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight by miles. SW was always overrated imho (granted not my favorite genre), and it did not age well at all.

#14 Posted by FaradaySloth (9213 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight soloes

#15 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

SW no contest.

#16 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK trilogy easily.

#17 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd: Seems you were looking to see a more comic accurate Batman. This movie was more based in it's story above everything else. The action or the gadgets were not the point of the film. The point was to bring the soul of Batman and his struggle with iconic villains to the forefront. They were introspective films, especially The Dark Knight. They showed us why The Joker is the perfect villain to Batman. They showed us Batman's flaws.

#18 Posted by InvadedTBD (1537 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Warlockmage (9203 posts) - - Show Bio

ANH> Begins

ESB> TDK

ROTJ> TDKR

easy win for Star Wars

#20 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18257 posts) - - Show Bio

Even counting ROTJ Original Star Wars definitely

#21 Posted by Spartan223 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#22 Posted by echostarlord117 (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol One trilogy is a masterpiece that changed cinema forever and is considered a historic work of art, the modern day epic, the other is a great movie sandwiched in between two boring movies. Hmmmmmmmm...

#23 Posted by Quinlan58 (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

Quality? Empire is the better film of all 6, but overall Nolan's trilogy is better acted and scripted. Star Wars is better shot, though; there are no images in Nolan's trilogy that are as memorable as SW best. All in all, I'll go with Nolan.

Originality? Neither are particularly original (SW is a throwback to older sci-fi serials and TDK is basically a better done version of the X-Men movies' vibe).

Influence? TDK was iconic but Iron Man ended up being the more influential of the two. Star Wars is legitimately one of the 10 or so most influential movies ever, and probably the most recent movie in that list.

Overall? I enjoy Nolan' Batman movies more, so I guess that one. If I had to save one of them from being wiped from the collective memory of humankind, though, I'd probably pick Star Wars. Because I'm weird like that.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#24 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15836 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK. The Star Wars trilogy was great for its time but falls flat in comparison to TDK trilogy.

#25 Posted by Stormdriven (17854 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars, easily. Begins and TDKR are overrated (not bad, just overrated). RoTJ isn’t great, but it’s arguably better than Begins, the second best movie in its trilogy.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#26 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the TDK series, I really did. But come on, SW was rewatched so many times for me growing up.

It is THE definitive start to real science fiction blockbusters, at least in space. It made one of the most epic universes out there - even if the stupid disney direction made much of it non-canon.

Star wars hands down, no contest - every day, twice on Sundays. It will always be an entire couple categories above The Dark Knight trilogy. There are only a few other trilogies that are in that ballpark - with the likes of LotR.