Which is the better movie - Blade Runner or Blade Runner 2049?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Which is the better movie - Blade Runner or Blade Runner 2049? (12 votes)

Blade Runner 58%
Blade Runner 2049 42%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Title. Which is the overall better movie? The original, or Denis Villeneuve's sequel?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The original obviously. I saw Blade Runner in full (for the first time) the night before I went to see 2049. Now, I must admit I did something my grandpa does and I fell asleep for a bit during 2049. But that was probably due to being tired and sleep deprived. 2049 was decent and maybe even good, but the first film is really leagues above. I will say that 2049 had great visuals and all that, however Blade Runner had a better story and music. I won't get into anymore specifics because I have to watch both again to really critique 2049 fairly.

Also, for once while seeing Ryan Gosling in a movie I didn't feel the urge to punch him in the face.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the sequel better

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They both have 3 things better then the other one.

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand how people can say 2049 is better than the original LMAO the first Blade Runner is a masterpiece that inspired movies like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Terminator, Total Recall, Matrix, Minority Report and Ex Machina. It basically changed the perception of cinematic Sci-Fi forever.

2049 is a great movie, but it won't have the same impact on Sci-Fi genre because, as a sequel, it's not as original as the first one.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade runner 2049 was shit compared to the original