Edited 1 month, 12 days ago

Poll: Which Anime Character has the most plot armor (22 votes)

Naruto 18%
Goku 23%
Luffy 5%
Natsu 23%
Saitama 9%
Boruto 5%
Sasuke 0%
Alucard (Hellsing) 5%
Ichigo 5%
Other 9%

Anyone?

#1 Posted by ovy7 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, to my knowledge, Medaka from Medaka Box wins because she's the protagonist, literally.

#2 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto easily

#3 Posted by Lan_Fan (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Tsubasa.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#4 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Ichigo or Sasuke. Originally I would have said Naruto but after going through the series again and aside from obvious instances like his fight with Pain(the later part anyway along with the Six Tails) I think it happened less than I originally thought. Which is surprising since he has an actual plot device in him.

Ichigo was killed(or at least nearly killed in one instance) by Ulquiorra twice and was saved by plot both times. Now, Grimmjow having him revived makes sense, but it's still plot. The worst offender is the second time where Ichigo is outright stomped by Ulquiorra and then he immediately revives as VL and starts destroying him. It was completely out of nowhere(unless I missed the hints).

Now for Sasuke, I actually believe that he had more plot armor than Naruto. He was saved several times against Bee, and one of those times he had his chest blown open and the organs destroyed. Then immediately after that he charges in and assaults the Kage Summit and is saved by Obito from Jinton and if we want to be technical him suddenly being able to use Susanoo against the Raikage, although it makes sense why he could use it so I'm hesitant to include that one.

There are other examples but I think those will be enough to at least show why I believe those two have more plot armor than the rest. No hate to either character though.

#5 Posted by Supermanthor (21469 posts) - - Show Bio

Saitama

#6 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto characters have the worst plot armor, they always survive in the unlikeliest of chanes.

#7 Posted by ovy7 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah:

...and then he immediately revives as VL and starts destroying him. It was completely out of nowhere(unless I missed the hints).

Zangetsu, when Ichigo fought him to unlock his hollow mask, told Ichigo that if he dies he'll take over the body as his own. So no, Ichigo going into VL wasn't out of nowhere.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#8 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@ovy7: That's fair, I remember him saying something along the lines that if he became too weak he'd take over so I guess that helps explain it. Still came off as heavy plot armor to me though, maybe it's just how the scene played out coupled with my salt for Ulquiorra losing lol.

#9 Posted by FaradaySloth (10650 posts) - - Show Bio

Like, 90% of Sasuke's fights he has survived through plot armor.

#10 Posted by gamiz7 (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt there a gundam protaganist who took a nuke to the face and only got a few injuries?

#11 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

Ichigo and Naruto don't really have much Plot they're just tough af and have "inner monsters" to save them. Sasuke had far more plot than Naruto.

Natsu is the most plot helped character, he literally uses the power of friendship to overpower time hax.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#12 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16532 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Naruto or Saitama. I don't think plot armor is always a bad thing though.

#13 Posted by ourmanuel (12283 posts) - - Show Bio

Ichigo from the anime I’ve watched

he died twice on the same, only to be resurrected each time.

Not to mention, Ichigo should definitely have died fighting Kenpachi or byakuya, but thank god for that plot armour

Sasuke didn’t really have THAT much plot armor. Karin and Jūgo healing hIm was kinda to be expected.

Tho that instance with jinton was legit plot.

#14 Edited by GXrevs06 (4915 posts) - - Show Bio

@gamiz7 said:

isnt there a gundam protaganist who took a nuke to the face and only got a few injuries?

Yup. That was Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed. I am a massive fan of the gundam franchise but that was some the biggest bullshit I had ever seen at the time and probably still is now. The whole fight between Kira and Shin just dumb

Here is a video that breaks it down. You might find it interesting. Skip to 12:24 for nuke part

Loading Video...

#15 Posted by FaradaySloth (10650 posts) - - Show Bio

Sasuke didn’t really have THAT much plot armor. Karin and Jūgo healing hIm was kinda to be expected.

Tho that instance with jinton was legit plot.

Don't forget the ending of the Deidara fight. Peak Plot there for Sasuke.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#16 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2581 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

#17 Posted by SleepingSlaves (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of those don't even have plot armor.

#18 Posted by ArranVid (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Caped Baldy? the guy with the bald head, yellow clothes and white cape and rhymes with Dietama

#19 Posted by frostplatinum (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Natsu. It made no sense whatsoever how many friendship boosts he got to win his fights, it was like Mashima was a fanboy of him

#20 Edited by Vertigo- (17841 posts) - - Show Bio

Kira Yamato. Him surviving that explosion of the Freedom is bullshit. That video above actually does a good job explaining why it's BS, and even does a funny way of explaining how the in verse explanation is just....cringy