Where will you prefer to live for atleast 2 years??

Posted by XenUchiha (105 posts) 5 months, 1 day ago

Poll: Where will you prefer to live for atleast 2 years?? (38 votes)

A mountainside where volcano is frequent 5%
A sea shore where tsunami took place before many times 5%
An open land that is always heavily affected by storms 29%
A desert with no people/place of shelter around...just sand and sand..... 0%
A swamp which is rumoured to be haunted by a dangerous creature 45%
A cave in the middle of a big forest which is full of deadly wild animals 16%

Suppose you are given a choice to stay at any one of these places for atleast next 2 years of your life?

Which will you prefer?

#1 Posted by BumpyBoo (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even know if I wanna live for the next two years of my life tho XD

That said, swamp.

#2 Posted by mrmonster (17135 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp

#3 Edited by Dernman (26467 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

That said, swamp.

Image result for cute puppies

Image result for cute puppies

Feeding the will to live x10!!!!

#4 Posted by BumpyBoo (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18401 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm given a choice? None of them, but if I'm FORCED to choose the open land with frequent storms. As long as there are no tornadoes or anything I'm fine, I deal with storms really well. If there are tornadoes then I'll take the swamp.

#6 Posted by PenguinDust (9946 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose a sea shore because I already live in a place where hurricanes have been know to cross. The building codes are all written with hurricane force winds and flooding in mind.

#7 Posted by Dr_Shenanigans (536 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really like the plains & hate the ocean, deserts & swamps so this is an easy choice.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#8 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18101 posts) - - Show Bio

Storms don’t pose an immediate life ending threat. It’s like a weaker version of a tsunami. Volcanos will kill you, desert heat will kill you, wild animals will kill you. Can’t survive anywhere else without formal training or Hal Jordan’s will. The swamp might or might not even be dangerous, but I would hate to live there.

#9 Posted by Dr_Shenanigans (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of the mountain being actively volcanic which is just pure suicide it should just be very frigid & snow capped year around.

#10 Posted by Dr_Shenanigans (536 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

That said, swamp.

Life's a bitch ain't it?

#11 Posted by BumpyBoo (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Dr_Shenanigans (536 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@dr_shenanigans: It is what it is. All depends how you use it.

I think it's more dependent on how the world allows one to use it. There are many things I'd love to do with my life but can't dew to bureaucrats & the like.

#13 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#14 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (1728 posts) - - Show Bio

Open land. I've dealt with hurricanes and severe thunderstorms many times before.

#15 Posted by algorhythm511 (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

the open area. I've dealt with places like that before.

#16 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Open land. Who would want to live in a swamp?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#17 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5796 posts) - - Show Bio

Open land where you always have storms. It’s the only thing that you are most likely to survive. We just call that summer time where I live

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
#18 Edited by IfDCRuledTheWorld (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

How much money do i have? If I'm rich enough it won't matter where i live cause my house will be prepared for all the dangers.

But out of those choices...open land for me. The pictureqse sunset and sunrise alone would be enough for me to chose to live there.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#19 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (8262 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: I hope that's sarcasm or a joke because people who want to live get sick and die everyday and you should be thankful to be healthy unless you're terminally ill

#20 Posted by BumpyBoo (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#21 Edited by IndomitableRegal (17687 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@marvelanddcfan24: you know nothing about my personal circumstances though?

I ditto those sentiments. Not for nothing, but I always hated the argument that it's selfish to want to die.

That said, if you die, I will force you to haunt me. And I will tell nothing but terrible jokes. All. Day. Keep that in mind, Wednesday.

#22 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (8262 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: when you work on a childrens encology floor you see things and realize 90% of peoples circumstances mean crap unless they've been to war or suffered horrific sexual abuse

#23 Posted by BumpyBoo (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@marvelanddcfan24: you know nothing about my personal circumstances though?

I ditto those sentiments. Not for nothing, but I always hated the argument that it's selfish to want to die.

That said, if you die, I will force you to haunt me. And I will tell nothing but terrible jokes. All. Day. Keep that in mind, Wednesday.

Exactly.

Hehe,you will never be rid of me O____O

@bumpyboo: when you work on a childrens encology floor you see things and realize 90% of peoples circumstances mean crap unless they've been to war or suffered horrific sexual abuse

Except I actually have suffered horrific sexual abuse. Multiple times. And suffer chronic and at times debilitating mental illness. Not that that is anyones damn business and not meaning to be rude here, but maybe don't make assumptions about people you don't know, eh?

#24 Posted by SC (18222 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree generally. Also as someone who has worked with and also volunteered in places dealing with the harsher sides of life (victims of unusual and severe child abuse and trauma, sexual assault rape victims and survivors, and to a less general extent respite care/general mental health care) I learned to try to avoid being dismissive of other peoples troubles and worries. Since you can never really tell how hard someone has it.

Sure, I might have my suspicions that someone is mindlessly over exaggerating their issues or worries (ugh, I couldn't get Avengers Endgame tickets early... whats the point of having 200 followers on Instagram if I don't get treated special... uuuggh. I'll have to have Mother let me use the private Jet to fly to New York instead, WORST WEEK EVER!) and that can be a bit... silly in contrast to other problems, like someone who has experienced rape, or loss their children, but a lot of victims of trauma I know, have a very tough time of expressing themselves when they are in a tough spot. They experience so much guilt, anxiety and shame.

Even if when they lie or exaggerate, it can just be a manifestation or consequence of a different kind of horrible experience or trauma. Its why certain organizations take peoples intent of suicide actions seriously, even if some individuals "seem to not be" suicidal, because it can be complex and better to be a bit more on the safe side than risk it.

Its about empathy and sympathy. In my experience with other people who have experienced severe trauma, there are two general attitudes that are developed. Empathy, sympathy, patient types and jaded, cynical, skeptical types. Actually I'd say its more accurate that people I am referring to, have both those general attitudes, and they can shift and sway or compete and conflict with each other. Some would isolate themselves and think they had it worse, worse than everyone else and sometimes they did, but often others experienced similar, but some people needed to feel like they had it worst, and if they didn't think they did, it would lead to guilt which only creates a whole lot more self resentment and issues. Some people who were more apathetic even to themselves could often just be that way because they were so detached and resigned to a hopeless fate. Both places are horrible places for individuals to be, and I am no telepath, I can't always tell which head spaces people are in.

Let alone can I tell on the internet through random one off interactions. I don't think... its effective to tell people to be grateful to be healthy, because they could have it worse. I am not sure what headspace you were in, when you said that, if you work in children's oncology, then I imagine you must have witnesses some very tough situations, and I admire your willingness to put yourself through that as well as working in that field. Its not really a game of suffering though is it? I sympathize with frustration you might feel, but its still possible to be considerate to people over smaller worries (assuming they are even small worries)

Should I tell a bullied kid, that I once knew a boy who was locked up in a dog cage and sexually and physically abused for over 5 years his worries aren't that big a deal... he should be grateful? Or a depressed teenager that I once knew of a mother who burned immolated herself in a bathtub because she lost three children and her husband (her whole family) to a car accident?

I definitely understand the spirit of your message, but I think we should try and be mindful and considerate and empathetic too yes. I hope my reply doesn't come across as judgmental or patronizing, just some food for thought.

I hope you have a lovely day and feel free to reply with any thoughts you might have. I think such a topic is important enough to temp hijack a thread but we could also go to PM's as well.

#25 Posted by SC (18222 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I love storms and I love animals, so I am torn between the stormy open area and the forest full of alleged deadly wild animals. Honestly wild animals have certain behaviors you can observe and learn, would be fun and you might befriend some!!

Hmm sand place sounds kind of nice. I mean I usually don't like heat/humidity but only when I have to do things, just living, would be fine. Lack of simulation though... okay yeah I'll take the Tarzan scenario.

#26 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (8262 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: thanks for sharing and I'm sorry that happened to you but when you're on comicvine theres a 90% chance something said like that is sarcasm or a joke

So, you're right I am in the wrong in this situation sorry for assuming

#27 Edited by BOC (2022 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with the swamp.

Probably because I'm rewatching "The Originals" tho

#28 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (5175 posts) - - Show Bio

The swamp, because at least then I could come up with some sort of plan to avoid/get rid of/kill that creature. The others are out of my control completely, the storm one states the area is *heavily affected* by the storms, so that must include lightning strikes, the occasional hurricane or flood as well, so nope for that, and the sand is lonely.

So swamp it is.

#29 Posted by Andromeda101 (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

A swamp which is rumouredto be haunted by a dangerous creature

Seems the best choice and the most likely the less dangerous of all choices based on the information given by the OP, I believe. By their very words, it's not like said creature is confirmed to actually exist.

Plus, I think it gives some of that mysterious air I like to the place. Heh.

#30 Posted by jonjizz (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

why the swamp? bugs will eat you alive don't even worry about it being haunted lol!

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#31 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32840 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that's sarcasm or a joke because people who want to live get sick and die everyday and you should be thankful to be healthy unless you're terminally ill

when you work on a childrens encology floor you see things and realize 90% of peoples circumstances mean crap unless they've been to war or suffered horrific sexual abuse

I don't really understand the logic here. Why does other people being worse off mean that someone should automatically be happy? Is really blasphemous or selfish that someone could legitimately just not enjoy or even outright hate living, even though there is absolutely nothing objectively wrong with their life? It's not like they have any choice in the way their brain works or the personality they are born with.

#32 Posted by BumpyBoo (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24: No worries. I was in an unrelated foul mood too so sorry if I was a bit rude too.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#33 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Open land

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#34 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32840 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: Swamps have parasites, crocodiles/alligators, snakes, mosquito, and a bajillion other things.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#35 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

The swamp, because at least then I could come up with some sort of plan to avoid/get rid of/kill that creature. The others are out of my control completely, the storm one states the area is *heavily affected* by the storms, so that must include lightning strikes, the occasional hurricane or flood as well, so nope for that, and the sand is lonely.

So swamp it is.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
#36 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (1897 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: Swamps have parasites, crocodiles/alligators, snakes, mosquito, and a bajillion other things.

Forest Cave is the easiest to barricade up since the animals there will be natural. We already know how 99% of all dangerous forest animals behave so I can study up on how to avoid them while living in my cave.

#37 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (2373 posts) - - Show Bio

A legendary fight with a dangerous creature is the best way to go.

#38 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (5175 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus2: Yes. And people while write stories and legends about it like you're Gilgamesh or Beowulf.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#39 Posted by infantfinite128 (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus2: Yes. And people while write stories and legends about it like you're Gilgamesh or Beowulf.

It would be even better if you tame the beast and leave the swamp riding on its back.

#40 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (5175 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay said:

It would be even better if you tame the beast and leave the swamp riding on its back.

Then the "How to Train a Dragon" movies and tv show will simply be a documentary of you.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#41 Posted by infantfinite128 (6484 posts) - - Show Bio
@infantfinite128 said:
@batmanplusjay said:

Then the "How to Train a Dragon" movies and tv show will simply be a documentary of you.

@xenuchiha, you have to hook one of us up with this 2 year deal. I was saving up for a new car, but I can hold off.

Heck, if it all goes according to plan, I won't need a car.