#101  Edited By gmanfromheck
Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Metal Head

I'm from the glorious suburbs of New York (about an hour north of Manhattan) and been a comic book fan since the early 80s. I clearly remember having a collection of like 100 books or so when I was still in elementary school. The first Secret Wars mini series really sticks out as something I was crazy about collecting and getting into.

I was a journalism major in college and the summer after my Junior year I got an internship at Wizard magazine (back when they were still fairly new. Around issue #20 or so). Hit it off great with the small staff and head of the company, so came back the next break I had, and was offered a job even before I graduated. So my senior year was a breeze, knowing I had a job in the comic industry waiting for me. Spent about 10 years at Wizard working as all sorts of editors, then moved over to head up ToyFare and Anime Insider magazines. So I've got a lot of knowlege on those subjects, though my heart still lies with comics.

I'm definitely a fan of writers over artists. Usual favs: Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and classic Frank Miller (Daredevil, Dark Knight Returns and early Sin City stuff).

Current fav books: Fables, Y the Last Man and One Piece (manga)

Been married almost 10 years now and have 2 young sons (3 1/2 and 20 months). My older son has an almost complete collection of Spider-Man and Friends action figures. And yes, he can name just about every one of them, so my work is done. :)

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

You used to work at Wizard? Cool.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#104  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah, them's was the days. I remember getting little boxes of random comics from the vaults of Wizards on occasion from Metal Head. Or maybe they were just from his personal collection. Either way, it gave me some stuff I would've never read.
Post Edited:2007-02-19 22:03:00

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Metal Head

Hah. They were probably a little of both, G-Man. And don't worry, I started going through my collection to begin selling sections of titles on ebay (see my blog if you want to cry) and putting a bunch of random books aside for ya.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By gmanfromheck

I really hope someone gives ya good money for that collection.

Discharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By Discharge

I am completely new to this site and am not quite sure of what it is that I am suppose to do but I am highly interested in learning for I am a humongis fans of comis and what not. So if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yea, I am a 22 yr old male from Smithfield, Rhode Island. I have a job as a Security Guard and I aslo have a three year old son. Uhm I'm not sure what else to say.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Mighty Magneto

the Darkside of the moon

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Ya know theres alot of security guards on this site it should be safe.

Dr_Gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Dr_Gee

I'm from Chicago I'm 24 I have a son who I have raised since birth alone he is 2 now turning 3 in July. I'm a securiy guard and I play lots of video games on my 360..I like comics and collect them..um love watching movies..yeah thats about it.

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Metal Head

I was just thinking the same thing, Mighty Mags... though that can't be good for us villains...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By gmanfromheck

They're everywhere!

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GoocherLee

Hello all... guess I should've done this before jumping into the forum head first. LOL I'm 34 and live in the NW corner of South Carolina [mountains, not Myrtle]. I am the administrator for the parent company of our four local McDonald's restaurants that my wife owns along with her father [who is retiring]. I have three boys, the first two arrived as a set of twins, and along with three dogs, three cats, and two rabbits we've made life in the boonies worth living. I'm an avid motorcyclist and have found that I live in twistie heaven, USA. There are more twisting country roads within 50 miles of me than just about anywhere else in the country. Comics have been my passion even before I could read, and indeed they encouraged me in elementary school to learn faster so that I could understand what was being said by my favorite characters. I started receiving comics from my parents in pre-school, began collecting on my own when I got a paper-route and still own each and every comic I've ever purchased or was given. Someday, like when I retire, I'll open a small comic book shop around these parts and just kick back, but until then...
Post Edited:2007-02-28 11:21:26

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By gmanfromheck

So the obvious questions are do you eat McDonald's and if so, do you ever get tired of it?

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By GoocherLee

G-Man says:

"So the obvious questions are do you eat McDonald's and if so, do you ever get tired of it?"

Yes and yes. LOL

The first year with this company was the bomb, free this, free that... but then you look for ways to change up the routine and order things you ordinarily wouldn't order... and then the years pass and even the change-up doesn't work anymore, so then you go back while they're running specials or limited time menu items... and then once those are gone, or you've had enough of them... you go elsewhere. LOL But never to a competitor! When I want a quick bite to eat and McD's is getting old for my palate, I go to either a mom-n-pop sandwich shoppe, or a dine-in restaurant [waiter and all that].

So, yes I eat McDonald's and yes it can get old.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Ah but what is your favorite Mcdonalds food mines Spicy McChicken

Can't be beat just 99 cents
Post Edited:2007-02-28 16:08:48

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By GoocherLee

Well, being in the owner's family has its privledges, so I often just "make up" a sandwich that isn't on the normal menu. Fer instance... A Big Mac using 2 quarter meat patties instead of the 10:1 meat patties. A Steak-Egg-Cheese McGriddle where the egg is of the fried variety [like on a McMuffin] instead of the usual "folded" egg. And when I'm REALLY hungry, like right now, you can't beat a DOUBLE Big-N-Tasty with bacon and extra cheese... mmm. [Is it quittin' time yet?] LOL I also like to mix the shake flavors [all three] and add caramel/fudge toppings [that normally come on a sundae] and then spin it up right on the McFlurry mixer. :)
Post Edited:2007-02-28 16:16:17

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Walkingstone

Hey! I'm a data analyst come writer come astrophysicist from Aberdeen, Scotland. I'm relatively new to comics in so far as I've only been reading them for the last six months but I've been a Batman/Superman/Xmen fan for most of my 26 years. Right now I'm into Nightwing and Birds of Prey with some Batman graphic novels. And that's me apart from to say I do a lot of fanfic for my fave DC and Marvel characters, plus a load of made up ones.

chemical boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By chemical boy

I live in Hilo Hawaii thats on the island of Hawaii aka the big island, I work as a recptionist for a drug rehab center called Care Hawaii which isn't so bad cos I get to sit most of the time and when you have Cerebral Palsy like i do getting to sit down on the job is a major plus.

In fact I always said one of the best things about being disabled is you know how to appreciate a comfy chair lol!

My hobbies include poetry, horror movies and vid games and yes comics but my favs have always been books that have charecter bios like Marvle Encyclopedia I would rather read that than a comic most of the time as well as the internet.

eh thats really about it...and oh yeah Evil Rules lol

C.B.

Psychose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Psychose

I'm French (but I don't like "moustache", even if I have a beard), Norman exactly. I'm 24 and I'm a Quality Engineer in Chemistry. I'm a mad savant. So I decided to not work in a lab for the security of all.

Le Français, are you in reality José Bové?

Jack Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jack Rabbit

I'm english, from London, though I've lived all over the UK. I'm a scientist but I work mostly with computers at the moment.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122  Edited By Methos

english :)

ok live in kent, near london and i'm a bar manager... fanfic writer and sometimes artist, and i play NWN2 a lot lol

M

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Walkingstone

YES! Oh God yes! HAHAHA Another Brit, what a bloody relief. Welcome to the Vine, it's so nice to have a fellow Brit. Someone who'll actually understand what I'm talking about

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Methos

lol that bad round here?

M

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Walkingstone

It's like all my jokes just fall flat. I'm getting used to it though. What bugs me is when I end up having to translate what I say when I PM someone and they don't know what a word means. It's not like I'm talking foreign, right? ;)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Methos

yeah lol i have the same thing when i'm chatting on the TTH forums...

seems like there aren't any english about on the net at all.

M

Psychose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Psychose

I think if you're not speaking in Cockney, everything would be fine. Oh my ..., I hate when English people speak Hockney. I didn't speak in Norman when they are in Normandy.
Post Edited:2007-03-22 06:05:21

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Walkingstone

Hockney? That's an artist. You mean Cockney? As in, corr blimey mate, up the apples and pairs, down for a nice ruby tonight, we all talk a load'a pony? That kind of thing? ;)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Methos

oh god... have to tell you this one...

one of our regulars, Rashmed... bloody brillient guy. he's sikh, but he was raised in Ireland. so he comes over and orders a beer from me, i can't help but expect the usual asian accent, slightly racist of me i know but i couldn't help it.

he opens his mouth and out comes the strongest irish accent i have ever heard in my life... i didn't know what to say, i nearly burst out laughing in front of him.

god, i still laugh every time i see one of the new staff talk to him, it's like nothing you could ever expect :)

M

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Walkingstone

I know that one too, one of the kids I grew up with, his mum's west african I think, but he has the strongest scottish accent in the world. Never even occured to me until someone actually pointed it out to me.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Methos

it's brilliant, you should see some of the faces people pull when they're confronted by him, i can't help but laugh now that i know him

M

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#132  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Walkingstone says:

"It's like all my jokes just fall flat. I'm getting used to it though. What bugs me is when I end up having to translate what I say when I PM someone and they don't know what a word means. It's not like I'm talking foreign, right? ;)"

methos says:

"yeah lol i have the same thing when i'm chatting on the TTH forums...seems like there aren't any english about on the net at all. M"

Hey guys, I understand ya. I lived in SouthHampton UK for a year back in 1997. After college I went out there and lived with my -- at that time -- british girlfriend and her family. I was a pizza hut delivery driver -- of all things -- for about 3 months! That was fun.

By the time I returned to California I was saying things like 'trousers' instead of 'pants', and 'uni' instead of 'college'.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#133  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Hey don't you Americans say "cell phones" instead of "mobile"? In Australia, we hardly say trousers, we go the "pants" way.

chemical boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By chemical boy

I could bust out some pigin if you guys want its local slang in Hawaii

ok here goes

a bra you know what?

I one go to da Komic vine site and I one meet dis girl I no mac aroun she was from u know da kine english kine girl she one speck all funny kine wit one acet an all was fuckin trippy kine bra

I was like sista you one crazy haole yeah?

and she was like no make any kine to me CB you stay one haole too

and I one look at her an go you no make any kine I stay busy

no make to uncle

you stay all jam up yeah?

no undastan what I stay saying

k I speck good kine fo you

my name stay CB I stay from the big island

da bes kine

latters yeah

Mr Xclusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Mr Xclusive

Everyone i know says cell phone.

chemical boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By chemical boy

Saying I'll call you on your mobile phone sounds a little odd

now cell phone thats much better

lol

CB

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Methos

"i'll call you on you're cell"

man that just sounds so 80's miamo vice style lol

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Methos

oh god... lol

love that one, we don't have anything like that round here.

i think the best one we have is people being sarcastic with "got you're number" and you just laugh at them and call them a tt lol

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Methos

Post Deleted.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Methos

again... must be a bug with vista tabbing...

M

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Sync

OOHHHH

im 27

well after doing the army for 4 years as a 19d cavalry scout, i joined the navy on submarine duty did that 4yrs got out and i go to college in the us in connecticut, im about in to my 3yr of a busniess degree witha minior in chinese, from there its law school and mba, after which it gobal life for me. i also speak spanish and understand french.

I currently waste my life doing hung gar gung fu when im not working or studying 15hrs a day

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By GL Bertron

Sorry I thought I already posted on this. Real name is Robert (Bertron is name that my bud ION's wife gave me) and I live in Oxford Ohio. I have been in the reserves for 7 year and spent my first deployment in Baghdad. I like beinng home and watch too much TV.

Amos AMmassee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Amos AMmassee

Hello and good morning

I'm a 29a-year-old Movie store guy/amature writer. Amos Ammassee is a character from my first short story that I have sumbitted for publication. Hopefully next year, my story will be published in the Writers of the Future Collection.

My brother, Sandgnat-Man, hooked me on to this website when he called me on my 29a-th birthday last month and I've been steadily trying to fill in the blank on some of the older and maybe more obscure character bios. I'm in the top 50 in contributors currently.

I collected comics for 10 years starting as a Freshman in High School and only quit because of college. I'm a graduate of University of Houston and still live there on the north side of town. I try to see all the Marvel movies on opening weekend and have been doing pretty good so far.

I'm not British, but I love British TV and Movies, especially the comedy. I'm a Trekkie, Whovian, Warsie and Gamer (in no order) and hope to someday become a sci-fi writer.

I have a girlfriend who I love very much living and am seperated geographically from her. We call each other every day for the most part. My current MUA team is Deadpool, Daredevil, Ironman, and Nick Fury.

Aside from comics, I collect Heroclix and run tournaments on Tuesday nights and play on Wednesday nights. As my bio says I'm a big collector of many things.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I'm a complex guy, what can be said. Have a good day and be safe.
Post Edited:2007-03-28 23:38:55

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#144  Edited By zero edge

Hi everyone, new here... anyways I'm 19 just going to college in California... well that's it haha.

pimlico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By pimlico

Interestin lil world y'all have here. I'm Pim. Kinda from nowhere and everywhere. I like DC and Dark Horse and a lil Marvel. I'm 20-somethin, have a borin job and hate my boss. That's bout all there is to me.

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Icoop

I'm a history major in western North Carolina, I live in the mountains at least an hour away from any comic book shops, so I do all my purchasing either in bundles when I go home to the peidmont or buy TPB's from Amazon or Overstock. (I did have a little subscribing going on at first but that turned into a hassle when Marvel auto-charges your bank account instead of asking you to renew yourself.) I enjoy the Ultimates, everything Ive read by Neil Gaiman and Frank Miller, along with pretty much anything I can get my hands on along the way(borrows,library rentals, things are special deals, and the like) I'm also enjoy Batman, but I can't keep up with him atm so I try to actually stay away from what stories he has so I can enjoy them at a later time,( most likely in TPB form, whenever i graduate and get a job..)

Post Edited:2007-04-03 15:15:02

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#147  Edited By Final Arrow

Im A newbie

24 from the ever sunny Scotland , Writer (part time). Full time Retail Manager

who is trying to figure out what to do with my life, Trying to get money for my own shop . But mostly at the min out rock climbing and taking picture . At night im a clown Hunter (dont ask clowns are evil.

king_pin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By king_pin

i'm new to this site

im 22 years old and i'm a mechanic..i love watching movies i own hundreds of them thats where most of my pay check goes and also video games...yeah thats about it

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Walkingstone

last_Arrow says:

"Im A newbie24 from the ever sunny Scotland , Writer (part time). Full time Retail Managerwho is trying to figure out what to do with my life, Trying to get money for my own shop . But mostly at the min out rock climbing and taking picture . At night im a clown Hunter (dont ask clowns are evil."

YAY another Brit. Welcome to the Vine. We Scots have to stick together, right?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#150  Edited By Darkchild

Im a short big bear like guy who enjoys a good day without snow haha not goona get that i live in Michigan and i have carpal tunnel making this site very painful yet i will strive and do my 3 long bios soon

i love videogames,movies best ive seen recently havebeen 300 and Grindhouse,women, and comics duh