• 119 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for shadowking
#1 Posted by ShadowKing (1324 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been on-going day by day now....

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Never, it's a secret plot to keep the mods on their toes.

Avatar image for jonsmith
#3 Posted by JonSmith (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking it's a protest against comics started by the football fans. They're trying to shut the Vine down via group action spamming.

Avatar image for alt
#4 Posted by ALT (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey hi hello haven't been paying attention what are they doing ?

Avatar image for crimsoncake
#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

Those bots will soon post their spam in the forums we least expect.

Hopefully this whole thing will blow over soon enough.

Avatar image for alt
#6 Posted by ALT (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

Those bots will soon post their spam in the forums we least expect.

Hopefully this whole thing will blow over soon enough.

Nah bots you sure it's just not some FFF being a doosh

Avatar image for crimsoncake
#7 Posted by CrimsonCake (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALT said:

@CrimsonCake said:

Those bots will soon post their spam in the forums we least expect.

Hopefully this whole thing will blow over soon enough.

Nah bots you sure it's just not some FFF being a doosh

Nah, even if it was a person, I don't think one person could post that much spam in 1 minute even if he had more than 1 computer. If they are human then they must be an organized group that have a lot of laptops laying around.

Avatar image for alt
#8 Posted by ALT (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@ALT said:

@CrimsonCake said:

Those bots will soon post their spam in the forums we least expect.

Hopefully this whole thing will blow over soon enough.

Nah bots you sure it's just not some FFF being a doosh

Nah, even if it was a person, I don't think one person could post that much spam in 1 minute even if he had more than 1 computer. If they are human then they must be an organized group that have a lot of laptops laying around.

That is a lot of spam, what are they saying though classic bleh comics shit duh crapNERD!S

or is it repeating the same bull over again

Avatar image for alt
#9 Posted by ALT (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: Nevermind i just saw all the football rubbish

Avatar image for supertide
#10 Posted by SuperTide (15900 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Why is it being allowed? Mods?

Avatar image for vance_astro
#11 Edited by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperTide said:

Agreed. Why is it being allowed? Mods?

What type of ridiculous question is this? What makes you think we're allowing it?  Whenever people makes these threads we have to delete them. You think we WANT to delete tons of spam everyday? Obviously keeping them from doing it entirely isn't easy which is why they are able to pull it off.
Moderator
Avatar image for mercy_
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (94631 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly because we enjoy spending anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour doing nothing but deleting threads and banning accounts.

Moderator
Avatar image for supertide
#13 Posted by SuperTide (15900 posts) - - Show Bio

Was asking mods for an answer. Didn't know yall were deleting them. Good job.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#14 Edited by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperTide said:

Was asking mods for an answer. Didn't know yall were deleting them. Good job.

Didn't mean to come off harsh but it appeared you were suggesting we aren't doing anything and it's happening to often in reference to this issue. 
Moderator
Avatar image for supertide
#15 Posted by SuperTide (15900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Clearly because we enjoy spending anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour doing nothing but deleting threads and banning accounts.

It does sound like fun.

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
#16 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (508 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll stop when comicvine appoints utotheg38 as a moderator.

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#17 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo it will stop when new users are not allowed to start a topic unless they have made a certain number of posts to other Threads.

Avatar image for billy_batson
#18 Posted by Billy Batson (59810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Imo it will stop when new users are not allowed to start a topic unless they have made a certain number of posts to other Threads.

They can always post in existing threads like they've been doing for a long time.
BB

Online
Avatar image for chaos_prime
#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Imo it will stop when new users are not allowed to start a topic unless they have made a certain number of posts to other Threads.

They can always post in existing threads like they've been doing for a long time.
BB

Not the sports spammers we are getting of late.They just start a topic & thats it.Believe me if they had to make say 10 posts before being able to start a topic they wouldnt due to the Flood system they have here.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#20 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Living_Monstrosity said:
It'll stop when comicvine appoints utotheg38 as a moderator.
Because there won't be a comicvine.
Moderator
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (19685 posts) - - Show Bio

The mods are doing all they can.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
#22 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (625 posts) - - Show Bio
Forum spam is the creating of messages that are advertisements on Internet forums. It is generally done by automated spambots. Most forum spam consists of links to external sites, with the dual goals of increasing search engine visibility in highly competitive areas such as weight loss, pharmaceuticals, gambling, pornography, real estate or loans, and generating more traffic for these commercial websites. Some of these links contain code to track the spambot's identity; if a sale goes through, when the spammer behind the spambot works on commission.
Avatar image for xanni15
#23 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost as bad are the threads about spam, how many of those are we up to now?

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#24 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres more of us than them so get flagging :)

Avatar image for glitch_spawn
#25 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17181 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't blame mods for this. I'm not on good terms with a lot of them lol but it's not like spamming is an easy thing to stop from happening.

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#26 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio

I got em

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#27 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Im all flagged out Lol

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#28 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Fixed

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#29 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks Gambler :)

Avatar image for inverno
#30 Posted by Inverno (13756 posts) - - Show Bio

This is getting insane. They are flooding the boards since morning.

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#31 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Im all flagged out again LOL

Avatar image for jedixman
#32 Posted by JediXMan (38163 posts) - - Show Bio

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for chaos_prime
#33 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

been saying that for ages.Newbies should be restricted to replies only for at least a few days when they join up & also post at least a certain amount of replies to OP.

Avatar image for jedixman
#34 Posted by JediXMan (38163 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

been saying that for ages.Newbies should be restricted to replies only for at least a few days when they join up & also post at least a certain amount of replies to OP.

Wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the site on lockdown for a few days (no new registrations) until they resolve the problem, or at least a way to temporarily resolve it.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for thedude123
#35 Posted by TheDude123 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

Next Neveruary.

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#36 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

been saying that for ages.Newbies should be restricted to replies only for at least a few days when they join up & also post at least a certain amount of replies to OP.

Wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the site on lockdown for a few days (no new registrations) until they resolve the problem, or at least a way to temporarily resolve it.

something needs to be done, Just feel sorry for everyone that enjoys this site has to put up with these Spammers.

Avatar image for king_saturn
#37 Posted by King Saturn (221024 posts) - - Show Bio
looks like we are stuck with it... 
Avatar image for nick_hero22
#38 Posted by nick_hero22 (8494 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

That's exactly what I have been saying for a while now, don't know why it hasn't been implemented though.

Avatar image for inverno
#39 Posted by Inverno (13756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

been saying that for ages.Newbies should be restricted to replies only for at least a few days when they join up & also post at least a certain amount of replies to OP.

Wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the site on lockdown for a few days (no new registrations) until they resolve the problem, or at least a way to temporarily resolve it.

something needs to be done, Just feel sorry for everyone that enjoys this site has to put up with these Spammers.

When a situation is horrible enough, anything used to stop it is acceptable.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
#40 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

they are pretty annoying, but it isn't the mods fault hopefully this will stop soon though

Avatar image for jedixman
#41 Posted by JediXMan (38163 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

been saying that for ages.Newbies should be restricted to replies only for at least a few days when they join up & also post at least a certain amount of replies to OP.

Wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the site on lockdown for a few days (no new registrations) until they resolve the problem, or at least a way to temporarily resolve it.

something needs to be done, Just feel sorry for everyone that enjoys this site has to put up with these Spammers.

When a situation is horrible enough, anything used to stop it is acceptable.

Possibly. I mean, I'm not saying the site should be shut down temporarily. I just think that temporarily shutting down new registrations for a little bit would help until they can figure out a way to stop this.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for nick_hero22
#42 Posted by nick_hero22 (8494 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

@Chaos Prime said:

@JediXMan said:

It will stop when new users are restricted from creating threads.

been saying that for ages.Newbies should be restricted to replies only for at least a few days when they join up & also post at least a certain amount of replies to OP.

Wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the site on lockdown for a few days (no new registrations) until they resolve the problem, or at least a way to temporarily resolve it.

something needs to be done, Just feel sorry for everyone that enjoys this site has to put up with these Spammers.

When a situation is horrible enough, anything used to stop it is acceptable.

Possibly. I mean, I'm not saying the site should be shut down temporarily. I just think that temporarily shutting down new registrations for a little bit would help until they can figure out a way to stop this.

This makes sense, but they should require that a new users has a certain amount of posts before making threads and the number of posts per day should be limited as well.

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#43 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a good idea & if possible do it ASAP because its ganna be the samething come tomorrow being sunday & all.

Avatar image for jedixman
#44 Posted by JediXMan (38163 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

Agreed. The lockdown thing I mentioned was a temp thing; like, something that would last the weekend kind of thing just until things cool down. Give the mods a chance to catch up.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for artgamer
#45 Posted by ArtGamer (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

omg right now all the first page is just spam bot post

Avatar image for rav4
#46 Posted by rav4 (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... The spam is ungodly annoying

Avatar image for youngjustice
#47 Posted by YoungJustice (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO, I think any user with under 20 Posts shouldn't be able to create a thread or poll. Spambots can't fight that. They'd have to leave us alone. Also would help stop the stupid battles in the battle forums (not trying to stereotype, just telling the truth) by new users.

Avatar image for nick_hero22
#48 Posted by nick_hero22 (8494 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

IMO, I think any user with under 20 Posts shouldn't be able to create a thread or poll. Spambots can't fight that. They'd have to leave us alone. Also would help stop the stupid battles in the battle forums (not trying to stereotype, just telling the truth) by new users.

You should have to have between 500 to 1000 posts before being able to make a thread.

Avatar image for jedixman
#49 Posted by JediXMan (38163 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@YoungJustice said:

IMO, I think any user with under 20 Posts shouldn't be able to create a thread or poll. Spambots can't fight that. They'd have to leave us alone. Also would help stop the stupid battles in the battle forums (not trying to stereotype, just telling the truth) by new users.

You should have to have between 500 to 1000 posts before being able to make a thread.

1,000 is excessive. 250-500 is fine.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for chaos_prime
#50 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

soon i hope