but I think they won't die out in a hot millenium

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

MCU has made sure they won't, at least not for a long time.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Hero movies are doing a good job keeping interest in comics.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think its possible physical copies of comics die out but then I expect they will just continue in digital format for a very long time.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Would never say never for things. I highly doubt it though. Even if something did happen to comics, I can imagine movies and television shows will still be made.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Comic Books will die out anytime soon. With the infusion of quality Superhero Movies and Superhero TV Shows the peak interest in Comics is pretty high still. Perhaps Comic Books in terms of Actual Print Books will go under but not the Digital Comics.

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

In this website, soon. In the world, not anytime soon.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namelessmonster: I am doubting that tbh. Many debaters are for comics. I would atleast 30% to 45%

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzfan44 said:

soon since not a lot of ppl have access to them. The Majority of casuals do not read comics.

With internet it is possible. It's free real estate.

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namelessmonster: I am doubting that tbh. Many debaters are for comics. I would atleast 30% to 45%

Probably, with soon I mean very soon, I just need to say better words haha.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

More stores need to stock them

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't, humans have a fascination with telling stories thru pictures & thats not gonna change any time soon

Avatar image for deactivated-607b62fa8763f
deactivated-607b62fa8763f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nor for a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weebs are rising sadly...

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics no. Marvel and DC maybe.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope never

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: What?Only 10 or 11 percent of the overall sales are being made by digital. The price of comic books are skyrocketing every half a decade. Even compared to Marvel and several other comic book franchises getting bankrupted in the year 95, the sales are even lower despite quality comic books.

But since Marvel and DC are backed up by conglomerates(WB or Disney) and CBMs bringing money on the table, the insolvency of sales are covered on tracks. The general audience don't read comics, they prefer to watch CBMs. The dilemma here is that people believe CBMs are increasing popularity of comic book characters which is half true. But only their IPs, not the comic book medium.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

@king_saturn: What?Only 10 or 11 percent of the overall sales are being made by digital. The price of comic books are skyrocketing every half a decade. Even compared to Marvel and several other comic book franchises getting bankrupted in the year 95, the sales are even lower despite quality comic books.

But since Marvel and DC are backed up by conglomerates(WB or Disney) and CBMs bringing money on the table, the insolvency of sales are covered on tracks. The general audience don't read comics, they prefer to watch CBMs. The dilemma here is that people believe CBMs are increasing popularity of comic book characters which is half true. But only their IPs, not the comic book medium.

It appears this article disagrees with you...

https://www.comicsbeat.com/comics-and-graphic-novel-sales-top-1-21b-in-2019-the-biggest-year-ever/

and this one as well

https://www.cbr.com/2019-comic-book-sales-record-high/

Now, obviously COVID would affect some sales in 2020 but it seems that total sales had gone up in 2019.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: It doesn't disagrees with me lol. Not by a long shot. I am on my phone therefore I will make this short and I am throwing another article which are mentioning similar numbers but with more vivid

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2019/10/08/surprising-new-data-shows-comic-readers-are-leaving-superheroes-behind/amp/

1.It include manga. They are selling 28% of overall comic book sales.

2. Superhero comics sales have decreased by 9.6 % overall

3. Trade Paperbacks/Graphic Novels are selling more than individual issues. But superhero novels are down 10 to 15 percent.

From the article

"THOUGH FULL-YEAR 2019 DATA IS NOT YET AVAILABLE, IT’S CLEAR THAT THE POPULARITY OF YOUNGER-READER MATERIAL HAS ACCELERATED WITH THE UNPRECEDENTED SUCCESS OF DAV PILKEY’S LATEST DOG MAN GRAPHIC NOVEL (INITIAL PRINT RUN: 5 MILLION) AND YA GRAPHIC NOVELIST RAINA TELGEMEIER’S LATEST, GUTS, ROCKETING TO THE TOP OF THE OVERALL BEST SELLER LIST IN ITS FIRST WEEK OF RELEASE.

MEANWHILE, DESPITE THE MEDIA DOMINANCE OF SUPERHEROES ON EVERY SCREEN, THE SUPERHERO SIDE OF THE PUBLISHING BUSINESS HAS BEEN MIRED IN A SLUMP, OUTSIDE OF A FEW ISOLATED SUCCESSES LIKE MARVEL’S NEW X-MEN RELAUNCH, SPORADIC DC RELEASES LIKE DOOMSDAY CLOCK AND LANDMARK ISSUES OF LONG-RUNNING SERIES."

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

@king_saturn: It doesn't disagrees with me lol. Not by a long shot. I am on my phone therefore I will make this short and I am throwing another article which are mentioning similar numbers but with more vivid

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2019/10/08/surprising-new-data-shows-comic-readers-are-leaving-superheroes-behind/amp/

3. Trade Paperbacks/Graphic Novels are selling more than individual issues. But superhero novels are down 10 to 15 percent.

From the article

"THOUGH FULL-YEAR 2019 DATA IS NOT YET AVAILABLE, IT’S CLEAR THAT THE POPULARITY OF YOUNGER-READER MATERIAL HAS ACCELERATED WITH THE UNPRECEDENTED SUCCESS OF DAV PILKEY’S LATEST DOG MAN GRAPHIC NOVEL (INITIAL PRINT RUN: 5 MILLION) AND YA GRAPHIC NOVELIST RAINA TELGEMEIER’S LATEST, GUTS, ROCKETING TO THE TOP OF THE OVERALL BEST SELLER LIST IN ITS FIRST WEEK OF RELEASE.

MEANWHILE, DESPITE THE MEDIA DOMINANCE OF SUPERHEROES ON EVERY SCREEN, THE SUPERHERO SIDE OF THE PUBLISHING BUSINESS HAS BEEN MIRED IN A SLUMP, OUTSIDE OF A FEW ISOLATED SUCCESSES LIKE MARVEL’S NEW X-MEN RELAUNCH, SPORADIC DC RELEASES LIKE DOOMSDAY CLOCK AND LANDMARK ISSUES OF LONG-RUNNING SERIES."

They do disagree with you. Also the Forbes article you used is nearly a year older than both articles I used which are both dated to 2020 while yours is dated to 2019 meaning it's not using most recent data. Also, if you look at the Graph that is in used in your article and mine you seen total Comic Sales in North America increase from about 805 million in 2012, to over 1 billion by 2015, to over 1.2 billion in Sales by 2019 which is in my Article.

If the trend is that Comic Book Sales are Decreasing then why are the Total Sales showing Increase including Record High from 2019 ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:
@vishop_ said:

From the article

They do disagree with you. Also the Forbes article you used is nearly a year older than both articles I used which are both dated to 2020 while yours is dated to 2019 meaning it's not using most recent data. Also, if you look at the Graph that is in used in your article and mine you seen total Comic Sales in North America increase from about 805 million in 2012, to over 1 billion by 2015, to over 1.2 billion in Sales by 2019 which is in my Article.

If the trend is that Comic Book Sales are Decreasing then why are the Total Sales showing Increase including Record High from 2019 ?

A year doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I was talking about mainstream superhero comics i.e Marvel or DC and they have declined significantly by 9.6% all thanks to Disney or WB. Manga and Indies(with their novels or trade paperbacks) are running the show and that's the reason why sales have increased over the last few years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:
@king_saturn said:
@vishop_ said:

From the article

A year doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I was talking about mainstream superhero comics i.e Marvel or DC and they have declined significantly by 9.6% all thanks to Disney or WB. Manga and Indies(with their novels or trade paperbacks) are running the show and that's the reason why sales have increased over the last few years.

No Caption Provided

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

A year doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I was talking about mainstream superhero comics i.e Marvel or DC and they have declined significantly by 9.6% all thanks to Disney or WB. Manga and Indies(with their novels or trade paperbacks) are running the show and thats the reasons why sales have increased over the last 7 years.

It's not just the year 2019 though. I mean if you look at the yearly totals that was on the graph from 2012 to 2019 you see the general increases in total revenue including a record high in 2019. Now I get what you are saying though about mainstream Superhero Comics of Marvel and DC as they have shown a fall back and is stated so in every article.

Yes, Manga and Indies are running the show but as Long as they are it appears the trend of Total Sales can continue ( assuming COVID recovery ). Even on this site, most of what is seemingly discussed is Manga even more than DC or Marvel characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:
@vishop_ said:

A year doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I was talking about mainstream superhero comics i.e Marvel or DC and they have declined significantly by 9.6% all thanks to Disney or WB. Manga and Indies(with their novels or trade paperbacks) are running the show and thats the reasons why sales have increased over the last 7 years.

It's not just the year 2019 though. I mean if you look at the yearly totals that was on the graph from 2012 to 2019 you see the general increases in total revenue including a record high in 2019. Now I get what you are saying though about mainstream Superhero Comics of Marvel and DC as they have shown a fall back and is stated so in every article.

Yes, Manga and Indies are running the show but as Long as they are it appears the trend of Total Sales can continue ( assuming COVID recovery ). Even on this site, most of what is seemingly discussed is Manga even more than DC or Marvel characters.

According to Bookscan data shared at the conference, kid-oriented comics and graphic novels account for a whopping 41% of sell-through at bookstores; manga is 28%. Superhero content is less than 10%, down 9.6% "year-over-year".

The sales are increasingly decreasing every year though. It's not just 2019.

Honestly, I for one don't like Manga. I like reading comics and in my opinion, they are more diverse and relative to reality.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

According to Bookscan data shared at the conference, kid-oriented comics and graphic novels account for a whopping 41% of sell-through at bookstores; manga is 28%. Superhero content is less than 10%, down 9.6% "year-over-year".

The sales are increasingly decreasing every year though. It's not just 2019.

Honestly, I for one don't like Manga. I like reading comics and in my opinion, they are more diverse and relative to reality.

I knew Graphic Novels was helping the big push in Sales. It appears Manga will increase it's totals year by year.

Wow, I did not know that there was other people who did not like Manga. It seems like everyone is big on Manga now. I am not too fond of it myself.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: why don’t you like manga anyway?

For some reason most Manga artwork never really did it for me and Artwork is a Big for me. On top of that what drew my attention to Manga was Anime and a lot of Anime that I watched just seemed boring as Hell to me.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By infantfinite128

I hope never.

@morningstar999 said:

Did you watch Weeb on Titan?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-607b900ea3f41
deactivated-607b900ea3f41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the least possibility to ever happen. Comics are still going to exist, because of Animated/Live Action Superhero shows will still air.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope never.

@morningstar999 said:

Did you watch Weeb on Titan?

Loading Video...

No, and I don't plan to. Never really liked it.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar999: Wait, did you think I meant Attack on Titan?

Weeb on Titan is Youtube comedy video.

It's only 4 minutes long. You might find it funny. Let me know if you watch it.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 takenstew22  Moderator

I watched it before lol. Wasn't age restricted though thankfully.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128 said:

I watched it before lol. Wasn't age restricted though thankfully.

It actually praised Dragon Ball. lol

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think it will although they are certainly not helping themselves with constant price increases or bad writing.

Avatar image for deactivated-607eeebca6181
deactivated-607eeebca6181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers