What's your view on marriage?

• 55 results
KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What's your view on marriage? (39 votes)

It's highly overrated. 50% of all marriages end in divorce anyway. 28%
It's a beautiful thing, that everyone, must strive for. 33%
I have a more nuanced opinion, which I shall express down in the comments 38%

Like the title reads

• 
iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grew up believing in Option 2 as a kid, years go by and the evidence overwhelming points towards Option 1 but digging further and uncovering the deeper issue lead to Option 3.

Marriage does not benefit men whatsoever. Marriage no longer involves 2 entities, rather 3 entities i.e. you, your partner and the government. Government involvement dictates what happens to you should the marriage fail i.e. you lose child custody, pay child support, pay alimony, lose your assets etc.

A man's role is and has always been static throughout history i.e. provide finances and lifestyle for the wife, defend against home intruders and invaders, do the heavy lifting etc. Failure to comply and your manhood is put into question by society.

Thanks to feminism, a woman's role is not static but negotiable. If she doesn't want to cook, well boohoo. If she doesn't want to watch the kids, tough luck. If she denies you sex, the countdown towards your divorce has already begun but best believe the next guy who sleeps with her won't pay a dime unless he foolishly puts a ring on it.

When you bring up these issues while letting her know of your excellence in your role, it's referred to as "bribery". All the hard work, great memories shared, blood sweat and tears mean nothing when she's not attracted to you. This is important because her attraction for you is the only way she maintains her role in the relationship.

All of this is assuming you find your perfect unicorn to begin with and not a chameleon ready to scam you out of everything you have because the government allows. Gold diggers and carousel riders who unapologetically engage in monkey branching are everywhere. When a pretty face like Amber Heard can do what she did to Johnny Depp, that's all you need to know.

Bottom line is, less and less men are getting married every year. Maybe they see the writing on the wall or maybe they're just a bunch of incels as society likes to call them.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Marriage Is definitely not a woman's dream lol. What kind of stupid generalization is this?

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Till Death do Part ...they keep coming for free speech and guns so why not the 19th Amendment ...attorney lawyers have created the modern marriage movement which has led to stuff liek the REDPILL movement and MGTOW

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

@killianduclark: Gonna move this to off topic, please keep non comic, games, entertainment posts there, thank ya!

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a bad concept at its core, but it's been perverted so much a lot people don't find it to be worth the hassle anymore.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn: are you kidding me?, Marriage is wanted by some people, and that includes men and women. And there are also people who don't want that, which also includes men and women.

You can't just generalize it to only one gender.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

aid:

Not a bad concept at its core, but it's been perverted so much a lot people don't find it to be worth the hassle anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's currently a dying institution that was once very successful and used to mean everything to almost all couples in the world.

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Option two, for me personally i lost that opportunity almost a year ago covid took her away permanently.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Option two, for me personally i lost that opportunity almost a year ago covid took her away permanently.

Damn, I'm so sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking...did your relationship with her end due to the pandemic, or was she taken away directly by COVID?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: i ask again, what is there to discuss?, Your sexism?.

It would still be a stupid thing to say if you're a woman as you cant speak for everyone, but the fact that you are inferring that you're a man and you think you can speak for the entirety of the opposite gender ( a gender which you aren't) is bizzare.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cocacolaman  Moderator

It's a beautiful thing that should be taken with the care it deserves. I've seen so many people act so childish over their weddings to the point they'll ruin someone else's white dress with red wine (that's legally assault and battery) or claim their day was ruined because something didn't go exactly right. Then the marriage itself gets thrown to the side because they "lost their spark". What was the point of the marriage?

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood_jaytodd: kinda both, i blame myself i wasn't there when she needed me the most, i couldn't save her, i failed her

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood_jaytodd: kinda both, i blame myself i wasn't there when she needed me the most, i couldn't save her, i failed her

I'm terribly sorry for your loss and I offer my sincere condolences. I blamed myself too when I lost my Dad to COVID back in March, but I hope you've been doing alright and staying strong for her since her passing. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to blame yourself over her passing. It's a feeling that many feel when we lose someone we loved but I don't want you to blame yourself. I know some people are able to move on, while others never seem to be and its heartbreaking for the ones living.

I believe you'll get a second chance to share your life with someone else...and when that time comes, you will be a much more stronger and determined man because of that tragedy.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JaylinFreeman

I think it can be a wonderful thing depending on the parties involved, and how much work is put into it.

Me personally? I don’t know if I ever will, but then again I’m only 21 so I don’t know, because I still have my whole life ahead of me.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood_jaytodd: I agree with this statement to an extent, not knocking your statement, but I say that because marriages in the East still seem prevalent in the 2021, and same with the west especially when you factor in the recent (it wasn’t too long ago) legalization of gay marriage and some groups still engaging in that lifestyle.

Avatar image for deactivated-629d3023b5b49
deactivated-629d3023b5b49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost my number one goal in life, to make a family and ease my loneliness.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for me but I don't care if other people want to do it

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn: I guess I should have quoted "woman's dream" but it's pretty obvious what I was saying.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you jump out of a plane if the parachute has a 50% chance of failing?

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sacrament of Holy Martimony is beautiful.

Some men have vocations of priesthoods and to be nuns, so it's not for everyone, but it's something I've wanted since childhood.

KaiserRebellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this current age of feminism is confusing women to think they can have it all when in reality they can’t when it’s comes to partner.

In the modern era women have everything to gain and nothing to lose from marriage. You got women today who can’t cook, clean, might not want kids, and just want to shop due to terrible social media like Twitter.

They want traditional values when there not traditional themselves. It’s why there more single mothers, and a lot of single men with no kids.

But there is hope for a rare women who aren’t dumb and know social media is just unrealistic. My girl knows this and knows these women are crazy asf.

But my opinion is that treat it as a business move and always expect the worse with modern women.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a beautiful thing that should be taken with the care it deserves. I've seen so many people act so childish over their weddings to the point they'll ruin someone else's white dress with red wine (that's legally assault and battery) or claim their day was ruined because something didn't go exactly right. Then the marriage itself gets thrown to the side because they "lost their spark". What was the point of the marriage?

Sometimes the spark never existed in the first place. It was all a facade to fool the public. It really sucks when a groom finds out his bride was sleeping with his best man.

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood_jaytodd: Thanks, me too, my deepest condolence, I'm so sorry to hear that, man. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want you to blame yourself too, keep it together man. In my case i've been waiting for 4-5 years to marry her that's why I'm so frustrated, she's beautiful, smart, kindhearted, busty, very waifu material, i mad at myself. I even almost killed myself out of guilt by crashing myself into a concrete pillar on the road while driving, wanting to run to the train, jump off the top of a building, cut an artery, if it weren't for my parents especially my Mom. She's the only reason I'm still alive. She is sick but not infected by the goddamn covid and currently I am taking care of her for over a year now. Mom and Dad told me that men are meant to endure pain, no matter how difficult it is, you're absolutely right, i can't give up, i can't continue to mourn, we're still too young and we're still have a dream far ahead that we must strive for and achieve.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Alot of things have tainted marriage

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The laundry list as to why marriage isn't worth it anymore is so long I could type out 3 essays. But doing so gets you labeled as an incel, sexist or misogynist so this video basically highlights most of the major points.

And yes there's a woman agreeing the points being made by these men.

Loading Video...

JustAnOutcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean its subjective.While there is a chance of divorce, its up to people if they want to enjoy it if it lasts/while it lasts.Legally marriage is no joke, a divorce could take away a lot(if your a man you generally lose a lot more).Im not sure of this, but i remember hearing somewhere that women are more likely to get ahold of the kids of the couple.

It depends on the parties concerned mostly.Your marriage could be a complete mess, or it could be something beautiful that you cherish your entire life.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justanoutcast:

women are more likely to get ahold of the kids of the couple.

This is true and those kids grow up having mental problems later in life.

JustAnOutcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still the best way to go about raising kids and having a stable family. If you don't plan on having kids, then there are still some advantages, such as tax deductions, health insurance benefits, inheritance with no will, and higher mortgage loans for married couples. Stats show that married people do much better in terms of finances, longevity, and health (though usually, people who get married tend to already be financially stable).

Overall, whether it's worth it or not is up to the individual couple. It is not something everyone wants, and should be given careful consideration.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you jump out of a plane if the parachute has a 50% chance of failing?

Divorced and dead.

High tier comparison, as expected.

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JustAnOutcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8c0e28507
deactivated-611d8c0e28507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wish Off topic was just removed tbh.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually view it in 1080p.

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, fuck that shit.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think your girl is an angel. Think again. You never know what someone truly is like until you see them at their worst.

The amount of things you have to prepare for in a divorce and precision you must use is staggering.

Loading Video...

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marriage is not inherently good or bad, the quality of a marriage depends on the compatability between the married couple.