What's the worst first world problem you've ever heard?

• 73 results
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For me, it was when I heard a classmate complain about her embarrassing it was that her family was the only one on her street who couldn't afford to hire a lawncare workers and that her dad had to mow the lawn himself.

What's the worst first world problem you've ever heard?

motorboaterer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK. There was that one kid who threw a temper tantrum because his dad bought him a used car instead of a new one.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Google affluenza rich kid

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7e2f86da4c4
deactivated-5e7e2f86da4c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you have too much food and can't eat it all before some of it goes bad.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 socajunkie  Moderator

A few years ago a big group of us were heading to a club in central London and one of the girls got pissed and started crying hysterically when a homeless man coughed on her dress when she was walking past, she said the night was ruined and she hates her luck in life.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I don't want to work, just give me money…"

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching idiots freak out because their phone charge is low.

LorenzoDeSila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People crazy looking for likes or folowers.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: What do you propose? A handful of people work so that everyone can receive some benefits? Or should the people at work fully receive the benefits for their hard work?

What incentive would there be to continue working if the first proposal was the case?

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: how do you propose to prevent homelessness and starvation? If someone chooses not to work and they receive housing and food. Where does the money come from? What incentive does that give people who work to continue working? Who really wants to work? I know I don’t, but I have to, services such as farming, or supplying treated wood, crafted metal, molded pipes etc for housing, or even building houses is not free. People will not opt to give you free services.

Would you give a significant portion of your paycheck to pay for food and housing for someone who doesn’t wish to work? I’m working 80+ hours a week. I know I wouldn’t give nothing free.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when your finger nails get more attention than world hunger.

Official_Chad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass integration, white genocide, Edomite infiltrators...etc..

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@edamame: “workers get paid for what they do”

By whom? That is my question. Services require service. Who would pay the workers for the services they provide to people without jobs/income. It would enevitably be funded by people who work through taxation.

Military spending, Medicare/aid, and social security. Are you suggesting we cut Medicare and social security to fund people who choose not to work when they are able? The military is a reasonable and vital expense to the security of our nation. But let’s say we cut that as well. Our nation would still be sinking in debt, why not just cut it instead of using money to fund people who choose not to work? People who work have to pay taxes, bills, and spend a good amount of time away from their families in an effort to provide. Why should someone else reap those benefits without such a sacrifice? If I could live in a house, and have food on the table. I would not work. I don’t know many who would.

Taxable income would go down, employment would drop dramatically, not enough people would work to fund the people who aren’t.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: so I am not sure what you are saying anymore. Can you please clarify you position again?

I was under the impression that you think people shouldn’t have to work if they do not want to, and also shouldn’t be punshed with hunger and starvation.

If that represents your position accurately, I am wondering if you can think of a way that is possible without punishing the people who work. Increasing taxes on the working population to pay for the population that doesn’t work is unjust. The working population would have to deal with the normal time away from family, the actual physical/mental labor of the job, all of the taxes you listed, insurance, transportation etc... while having to pay for the people who do not work.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: you aren’t explaining how this is achieved.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame said:

@cable_extreme said:

you aren’t explaining how this is achieved.

?

How do we make it so that people do not have to work without making the workers pay for it?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rellizing my nice job is not good enough because I would rather stay at home raising my children and would like to make more money without puting so many hours.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame said:

@cable_extreme said:

How do we make it so that people do not have to work without making the workers pay for it?

Workers are not the only people who pay taxes. I already mentioned that labor income is not the only thing that gets taxed.

Also, what makes you think that everyone will stop working? I already told you that not everyone is the same.

So you are suggesting using different methods of taxation (which all effect the working class) to pay for the people who aren't working?

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@edamame said:

@cable_extreme said:

So you are suggesting using different methods of taxation (which all effect the working class) to pay for the people who aren't working?

1. I am not necessarily suggesting anything. What you do is entirely up to you. It is your Life and your future anyway.

2. Not all taxes are paid by workers. Workers do not pay taxes on corporate income, investment income, inheritance money, etc.

3. I hope you also realize that tax dollars do not only go towards Housing. I already told you that the majority of tax dollars goes to Military, Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid.

4. How many people are working right now? The unemployment rate right now is less than five percent, but it also turns out that the labor force participation rate is only around sixty percent. That is not particularly good.

5. Just for the record, I would never support tax rates higher than fifty percent.

Corporations, investments, and etc. are all made by people who have to work in some form to earn money. In one way or another that money is contributing to the taxation that is then collected and put in to social programs that benefits all if not most people. Some people who benefit from this kind of aid choose not to work and end up reaping the benefits of these social programs in a rather unfair advantageous way. Why should people who earn money be forced to pay for charities to those who don't? You said it is because you think that people should not have to suffer for not working, but what justifies that over people having to lose part of their earned money for them? Do you think that because it's just such a small amount of their total earnings that they should be contempt with (for lack of a better term)"forced charity?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_logos_: “forced charity”, boom baby!

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@edamame: @cable_extreme: I'm not going to comment on the effectiveness of free food and housing. But, I would like to point out, that reforming the prison system would free up a LOT of funding for that kind of thing. I mean, if you think about it, your paying for "free food and housing" for people ALREADY. Difference is that right now, you're not only doing it for criminals, but also royally screwing over their ability to be independent without resorting to crime in the future.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

Fyre Festival.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: @cable_extreme: I'm not going to comment on the effectiveness of free food and housing. But, I would like to point out, that reforming the prison system would free up a LOT of funding for that kind of thing. I mean, if you think about it, your paying for "free food and housing" for people ALREADY. Difference is that right now, you're not only doing it for criminals, but also royally screwing over their ability to be independent without resorting to crime in the future.

I work full time in a maximum security prison. Keep in mind that most of the offenders have day jobs within the prison population. Only custody levels of G5, and Administrative Segregation get to live without working (aside from medical waivers). They do pretty much everything to cleaning, maintenance, plumbing, field work etc... The prison runs off of the work of the offenders.

The offenders in G5 and especially Ad Seg are there for violent tendencies within the prison population or gang membership (Ad Seg). Both factors almost guarantee recidivism.

There is a difference between forcing someone and preventing them from having a job on the outside to provide for themselves and family. The people we are referencing are functional members of society who do not wish to work. That is a problem if they expect to receive money for no rendered service.

JPPT1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazy people who do not want to work but get paid. And please do not start with Millennial generations as there are some Baby Boomers out there in the group.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame:

I am just genuinely confused as to why survival should have work requirements.

Not looking for a extended debate or anything just one question about this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that you're essentially asking the question of why someone should have to work to survive? Shouldn't you also ask the question of why someone should have to work for other people to survive, that refuse to work for themselves?

Because in order for everyone to live some people have to work. So if someone's willing to work to make their own living why should they have to also work for the people that refuse to work for themselves?

I understand those that are mentally and/or physically unable. But if someone refuses to work just because they don't feel like it why should they be entitled to services that require work when they are unwilling to do any work themselves?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: I don't think its lazy at all for someone to do unpaid work but if doing unpaid work means other people pay to supply them with what they need than its not really unpaid work is it? They're still getting something in return. Its just that they're getting it from people that didn't necessarily choose to employ them.

One doesn't have to work for an employer or take a job that they dislike. Almost anyone can work for themselves it just means that they're paycheck is less certain and dependent more on their own abilities and creativity.

Saying those that work should be rewarded is kinda getting beyond my point. Besides, the government can't really reward all workers can it, considering they can only give workers what they take from workers?

Again my main point is just questioning why someone that chooses not to work should be given the product of those that do work? The resources to live have to come from someone. And if an individual isn't working that means someone else has to provide for them. Why should that person have to do so if that individual wouldn't provide for themselves just because they don't want to?

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

White genocide is just about some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chad_Duby
No Caption Provided

I notice that one racist who recently, ironically, called me hater here is denying facts and laughing at the most truthful statement ever.

No Caption Provided

This chart is not conspiracy nor is it something to be hidden because the mainstream have covered it up before and they are celebrating it instead of trying to secure the harm. Commoners who aren’t willing be minority on the land founded by our ancestors even sought to migrate away from the areas which they have considered to be too harmful for generations after them to the Pacific Northwest part of the state, yet the Babylonian media and governors are bashing them for absolutely no reason, calling my Northwest folks racist separatists even though their white flights do no one any harm.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: Alright, I guess that's fair. I don't necessarily agree with you completely if I'm honest but I really appreciate having a civil and interesting conversation, and I definitely understand your point.

I hope you have a nice day!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Saw someone freak out over the wrong Starbucks order.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: @koays there is so many of them hahahaha where do i begin....

years ago, i got yelled at my a grocery store clerk for folding the newspaper(and not buying it, also i wasnt the one who folded it, it was folded when i picked it up)

she said something like "who is going to by the newspaper like that" (she was really really angry) blah blah blah

then my mother showed up, saw the lady yell at me, lady shut up then we left the store.......(i avoided the store for awhile lol)

then my mother said to me u should have told the lady "chill out its only a freakin job" LOL

what the heck was that about? a dollar newspaper??? LOL

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chad_duby: i cant wait for 2050 , only becouse of ttose racist white ppl.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Ugh, I don't want to drink tap water, its gross, do we have any bottled water?' [I do not live in a Fracking field, our tap water is both healthy and clean].

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers