What's is Comicvine's opinion on marijuana usage and legalisation?

• 95 results
Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Richubs

Poll What's is Comicvine's opinion on marijuana usage and legalisation? (85 votes)

I think its very harmful and should be illegal. 11%
I don't think it's very harmful but still should be illegal. 13%
I don't think it's very harmful and it should be legal. 64%
Results. 11%

What is Comicvine's thoughts on this topic which is in the spotlight right now?

I should give some details about how it feels to use it and how harmful it is however because there are some serious misconceptions about it.

First of all its high is not massive at all. You don't lose control of yourself and if you wanted to appear sober it's pretty easy to do that for pretty much everyone even if you're blown out of your mind. You don't lose any motor control and you don't do anything stupid like after drinking too much alcohol but you do become mostly less concentrated, so driving I think should still be risky after smoking it.

You're basically smoking plant matter, so if any pothead tells you "Its not harmful bro, it's good for you" please don't belive that. Smoking it is NOT good for the lungs. I'll link some articles which will explain why. Lungs obviously get damaged because of it.

But the damage is much lesser than cigarettes which are legal. They also cannot cause lung cancer or any other type of cancer for that matter. However it can do some temporary damage at times. A friend of mine was a very regular smoker and it straight up cut the inner lining of his throat and it got painful to eat for him. It was because he wasn't smoking good quality marijuana and now has shifted to good quality and is fine.

It's high, like I mentioned is also much easy to control than alcohol and honestly much much safer. Alcohol also has tons of adverse effects on the body, especially the liver. It also makes you fatter if you're a regular drinker.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that you cannot OD to marijuana. That's simply not possible given the amount you'll have to smoke in order to literally overdose. You can pass out however because you will get tired.

People will also say its good for the health because it kills cancer and is given to cancer patients. That's dumb and stupid logic which I don't know why people even think is correct. A lot of medicines are given when you have cancer, doesn't mean its good for you. Hell, during cancer treatment they basically pump you full of toxins in the hopes that it'll kill the cancer before you die. You can just Google why this one is stupid I don't think I have to explain it honestly.

So basically, marijuana is less harmful that alcohol and cigarettes by a very decent margin and provides a high that is much safer and much easier to control than alcohol. It does harms the lungs however because at he end of the day, you are smoking something that's going in your lungs which isn't supposed to -

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

I'm sure someone is gonna say that most of it is still not proven but that is because the studies haven't had enough time to get any concrete evidence yet. Marijuana shares some elements from cigarettes which cause damage to the lungs and it'd make no sense for the same elements to not damage the body as well.

• 
LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LuminousHydra

Agreed with pretty much all of what you said.

It should be legalized. If much more harmful substances are legal, such as alcohol and cigarettes, then I believe that weed should be legal too. It being legal would also hurt the Mexican drug cartels, so that's a good thing. The criteria on which I judge legality is how much damage/benefit it can do to society. I know that it isn't always the case in reality, but that is how things ought to be, I believe.

I kind of feel like this topic is against the rules tho.

TameWizzerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TameWizzerd

Make it legal and add a fair amount of VAT to it. Make sure it stays out of anyone below 21.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumb topic, people care way too much about a green plant

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far everyone thinks it's not that harmful and should be legal.

Let's get some people who say otherwise.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Richubs

@tamewizzerd:

Oh yes, your comment reminds me to add another detail.

If someone starts marijuana smoking in heavy amounts during their adolescent years it'll affect their mental growth negatively.

But I think it's kind of obvious that any substance taken at an early age would be damaging but just wanted to add that there.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think canibus oil should be injected into the amniotic fluid of pregnant Mothers. All babies should have smoke piped into their humidity cribs and hash oil should be used in the baby food. Humanity will evolve and become much better stronger more intelligent etc

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw that. Keep that shit illegal.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mainjp said:

Screw that. Keep that shit illegal.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone:

We should just stick a joint in there and blaze it in the womb keep that little shit high all the time.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mainjp: @lan_fan: You guys realize it has medicinal usages as well, right?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Richubs

@mylittlefascist:

I don't think they mean ban it for medicinal use as well.

Vicodin is also for medicinal use but its banned otherwise. Basically all prescription drugs are for medicinal use but illegal if you take them otherwise.

I think they mean make it illegal if you don't have a prescription.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make it legal, but tax it and put an age restriction of 21 like alcohol.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: I think you're not supposed to talk about drugs.

I may be confusing this rule with one found on another forum, though.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make it legal as bait, then execute all the potheads after they lower their guard.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make it legal and release any non violent offenders who were charged with possession. Dealers can stay locked up.

I don't personally use it but believe people should be able to use it recreationally or medicinally if they choose. Just set a legal age and tax the ever loving hell out of it. Put the money back in schools and infrastructure. Let the potheads fix our potholes.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be punishable by death

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth:

Specifically how would you like them executed?

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Asphyxiation via smoke seems appropriate

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth:

They'll die high and happy then you'd have failed your quest.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Make it legal, but tax it and put an age restriction of 21 like alcohol.

Plus no smoking in public places.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d489a021333f
deactivated-5d489a021333f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be completely legal.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep it out oh public places, work and school. Other than that why not legalize it.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: I never said it had to be an unpleasant death. I'm nice like that.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make it legal and release any non violent offenders who were charged with possession. Dealers can stay locked up.

I don't personally use it but believe people should be able to use it recreationally or medicinally if they choose. Just set a legal age and tax the ever loving hell out of it. Put the money back in schools and infrastructure. Let the potheads fix our potholes.

No, release the dealers too.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should absolutely be legal. What reason is there for it not to be? It's adverse health effects are pretty much non.

As OP already said, it's safer than alcohol and cigarettes, but that's just the beginning. It's safer for you than plenty of legal products, like sugary drinks or processed meats. If we're gonna keep banning marijuana for it's health effects, we'd also have to ban soda, candy, bacon, hot dogs, and so many more things that are normal consumer goods.

Fun fact: The only reason pot was made illegal in the first place was because some bureaucrat working for the Bureau of Narcotics was afraid that his department would no longer be funded post-prohibition and drastically overplayed the dangers of weed to ensure that his department still got funded; long story short, his plan worked.

Avatar image for deactivated-6060d1922bf05
deactivated-6060d1922bf05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Tax it" well no duh, lol. But weed makes more being illegal than legal. Big facts

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofwakanda said:

Depends. If they were moving real weight or selling other drugs in addition to weed I'd say no. If it's backed by a real criminal element, I'm not here for it. Independent sellers is another story.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@kingofwakanda said:

Depends. If they were moving real weight or selling other drugs in addition to weed I'd say no. If it's backed by a real criminal element, I'm not here for it. Independent sellers is another story.

You don't have to be backed by a "real" criminal element to move a lot of weed. Or other drugs tbh. That's a fabrication of the war on drugs, making it seem like every drug dealer is connected to the cartel, gangs, or the mob.

Sure, I bet a decent amount of them are, but for the most part, no.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofwakanda said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@kingofwakanda said:

You don't have to be backed by a "real" criminal element to move a lot of weed. Or other drugs tbh. That's a fabrication of the war on drugs, making it seem like every drug dealer is connected to the cartel, gangs, or the mob.

I don't disagree (truthfully I'm not a fan of the way we prosecute drug cases/mandatory sentencing/war on drugs, i.e. treating every weed case like a federal offense) and I'm not saying that every drug dealer is criminally connected. I'd wager a good percentage are just trying to make a quick hustle. That being said, I don't think we just release all of them. Maybe commute their marijuana sentences but any other unrelated charges they might be in on stick.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@kingofwakanda said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@kingofwakanda said:

I don't disagree (truthfully I'm not a fan of the way we prosecute drug cases/mandatory sentencing/war on drugs, i.e. treating every weed case like a federal offense) and I'm not saying that every drug dealer is criminally connected. I'd wager a good percentage are just trying to make a quick hustle. That being said, I don't think we just release all of them. Maybe commute their marijuana sentences but any other unrelated charges they might be in on stick.

It'd be really easy to find out who's connected or not. I'm just saying it's wrong to say dealers should stay locked up in general.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I made a blanket statement. Everything isn't so black and white. Should be a case by case basis.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weed sucks. Its not enjoyable at all and it turns habitual users into losers. That said, i do think it should be legal. I actually think most drugs should be legal or at the very least decriminalized. I don't understand everyone's fascination with weed though. I wish everyone would push for something better like acid or shrooms.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9
deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s in no way shape or form worse than Alcohol, cigarettes, or even candy for that matter.

The gateway drug argument is pretty stupid tbh.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It smells disgusting and makes kids dumb. I'll never do it. But if you want to disadvantage your kids and make it easier for my kid to get ahead, feel free. I support legalization for this reason alone. Drugs are still illegal for my kids though. They don't live in a democracy, not in my house.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retrometro: 90% of the kids I grew up with smoked weed, they all do Lean, X, Adderall, Molly, etc. Now. Weed itself might now be a gateway but the culture around it is.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka:

It doesn't make people dumb. Where did you get that from?

It'll affect mental growth if you turn into a hardcore stoner at the age of 14 and continue but it doesn't affect the brain adversely in a permanent manner at all.

In my college 60 percent of the people who are getting the best GPA's are stoners.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncena69swag:

There are 2 type of stoners.

Productive and destructive.

Productive stoners end up doing very well and smoke weed a lot at the same time.

On the other hand we have destructive stoners who allow weed to make them worse.

I know both types but yeah, I know slightly more destructive stoners than constructive ones.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: It was banned for medicinal uses for quite a long time, and still is in many states. Even after being unbanned, a lot of doctors are still hesitant to prescribe such a thing due to stigma and lack of research.

It’s less dangerous than a lot of over the counter drugs, and there are versions of the plant that do not carry THC, as in it cannot get you stoned, and there are more ways to administer marijuana than smoking.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: And you still think it should be illegal, even though it’s less dangerous than a lot of over the counter drugs, has medicinal purposes that can help with not only chronic illnesses but temporary ones as well, AND you can get versions of the drug that do not contain the component that causes you to become stoned?

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: I don't think it makes you dumb but, it makes you slower littterally like reactions, processing, etc. All would be slower than normal when high.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist:

AND you can get versions of the drug that do not contain the component that causes you to become stoned?

Fair point if true. That should be legal.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Richubs

@adamantine:

Huh, I replied to that it disappeared.

The effects you describe are literally why people get high on it. Along with a feeling of happiness those are all the things that constitiue a marijuana high and are obviously temporary.

If it's not permanent and done responsibily where's the issue.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By adamantine

@richubs: there is no issue as long as you don't drive/work with it.

I was just saying that because it can effect school work if can make you fall behind in class.