Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@magian said:

Say what you want about the MCU Captain Marvel, not really that big of a fan either but if there is one thing I have to admit about her movie, is it wasn't the SJW-fest I thought it would be. And that was one of the things I liked in it.

Turd of the year lol Saturn.

SJW has already the pushed the female characters more than enough. Heck for this reason why Kitty is kinda of becoming such a annoying leader. I think that's same thing that with CM during Civil War 2.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#592652  Edited By Magian  Online

@vishop_: Can't speak for Kitty in the Marauders but Captain Marvel in CW2 was clearly an MCU synergy thing and less SJW imo. Not that it doesn't happen, especially in Marvel, just not so much in this case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

@vishop_: Can't speak for Kitty in the Marauders but Captain Marvel in CW2 was clearly an MCU synergy thing and less SJW imo. Not that it doesn't happen, especially in Marvel, just not so much in this case.

I dont know. ANAD was one of the worst reboot in comic franchise in my opinion and many of the female characters like X-23, Kitty(since X-Men Gold) , Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel were forced to become superior characters. I have heard somewhere that SJW was behind all this, at least for Kitty and X-23.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592654 Magian  Online

@vishop_: Won't argue with that. Just saying that in Captain Marvel's case it wasn't just because of that. That's all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@magian: agreed on Captain Marvel.

The wind here is howling

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592657 Magian  Online

@jake_fury: Who knows. Maybe there are more like us who thinks this way out there lol

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592658  Edited By Magian  Online

I think I liked the Christmas tree in Syntagma Square more last year but this one isn't so bad either. Maybe a bit plain looking but otherwise OK. But it sure is full of people here. It sure is nice walking here this time of the year. At least it's not raining.

At least I'm done with my Christmas shopping. Having a big family can be a pain sometimes lol

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thermostat says it is 70 in here, why am I cold?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Passengers would have been a decent film if only one of the two main conflicts in the movie wasn't so creepy.

Loving the visuals, though.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592661 Magian  Online

Watch The Big O or John Wick 3? Hmm...

It sure is windy. Hope the weather is better on Christmas day.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: highly doubtful 😂😂

Was skimming through some of Jim Lee’s stuff way back from 1997. His stuff then looks better than most art these days.

Savage Avengers is an ongoing??? Might have to check that out.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Dee Williams looks good for 82 years old. I was surprised Lando Calrissian is that old.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eddie Murphy was Pretty Good on Saturday Night Live.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Romita Jr. needs to be on a New Gods book.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I keep trying to work on this final essay of mine, but every time I draw a blank I end up turning to distractions like CV. Please send help.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592667 Magian  Online

@magian: highly doubtful 😂😂

Was skimming through some of Jim Lee’s stuff way back from 1997. His stuff then looks better than most art these days.

Savage Avengers is an ongoing??? Might have to check that out.

lol Maybe outside of the internet. We tend to forget that people online usually tend to be a vocal minority.

You mean better than his current art or art in general? Because his more current art hasn't really been that strong.

Syntix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my best day, with multiple apps, perfect lighting and sunglasses, I still wouldn't look as good as I do with the dog filter on snapchat

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dropping turds off and it's burning and painful, and can I wrap my mother's gifts before she gets back.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592671 Magian  Online

Getting to play that Spyro game again, sure brings back a lot of memories. Never got to finish it back then for a number of reasons but I'll try to complete this time. They sure have done a nice job updating the game graphics I must say.

It is going to take me a while to get used to seeing with these new glasses. They still feel a bit weird. Still a lot better than before though.

Ok, I'll try to start watching The Big O today. I keep saying I will but I never do because something else always comes up...

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592672  Edited By Magian  Online

Ok, I'm liking The Big O so far. Then again, any anime where the MC isn't a self-doubting, whiny teenager, is at the very least decent in my book lol But the story in interesting, the animation is good and not to mention hand-drawn mechas. You don't see those often these days. 90s really was the best time for sci-fi anime.

I suppose their list for the best 2019 anime is OK I suppose. But there are a few things I disagree with. Like how can S4 of BnHA be number 1 when it is still on-going? Not to mention that imo anyway, S4 has been the weakest so far. Also I'd rank Mob Psycho higher.

Fate/unpublished material, huh? Just make a Fate/prototype anime already lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woo hoo Merry Christmas everybody ^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The faces of my nieces and nephews and mother opening their presents tomorrow morning.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: just the art these days in general

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry Christmas everyone!

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry Christmas @jake_fury:

You have a heart of gold

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flying Witch is a fun time.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592679  Edited By King_Saturn

They got Star Wars : The Rise of Skywalker showing on 10 auditoriums but we can not even get 1 showing for Ip Man 4 at our theater. What the heck is this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: What else would u expect ? I couldn't even watch 1917 on near theatres , because some high franchise movie is releasing with 3 different languages ugh.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592681 Magian  Online

Might watch Rise of Skywalker tomorrow. I know that the reviews haven't been good but still it's not like I was expecting a masterpiece or anything to begin with.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

finally back on a computer after almost two year.

being broke sucks.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally back on a computer after almost two year.

being broke sucks.

No Caption Provided

BB

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Billy.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592685  Edited By Yassassin

Anyone getting the Hellraiser Omni this April?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

@king_saturn: What else would u expect ? I couldn't even watch 1917 on near theatres , because some high franchise movie is releasing with 3 different languages ugh.

I would expect that at least 1 auditorium would show IP Man 4. I get Star Wars is huge, but to take over the whole damn theater where it leaves hardly nothing else in terms of showings for other films is ridiculous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: The whole trilogy is generic. The only thing that it made this movies such huge is Disney. I have lost faith in humanity because every f%&^ing movie franchise is going under that big mouse's belly.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592688 Magian  Online

Time to see by myself if Rise of Skywalker is indeed as bad as people say it is. Although because of all the bad hype, I bet I'm going to like it lol

Almost done with The Big O. I like it quite a lot. After I'm done with it, I'll probably start watching the Witcher and maybe watch Megalobox after that.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592689 Magian  Online

Guess the universe doesn't want me to watch RoS. Can't believe there were no seats available even after being released for a week now. Ohh well, some could argue that this was a good thing lol

The Big O was quite good. Wish they had explained some things about the setting and the finale a bit more but it was still quite enjoyable. Time for Witcher I suppose.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#592690 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: The universe conspires to spare you from paying 8€, but it's your head.

The Witcher tv-series was a mixed bag for me. I read the first novel a few months ago and really enjoyed it, so I liked that they tried to remain faithful to it... at first. Ultimately, they captured certain aspects of what made the book and Geralt tick, while foregoing (many) others. Critical reception has been average, whereas fans seem to love it (8.8/10 on IMDB). I'd say it's decent, with potential for better things if they cut down on some cheesy ideas.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goes to show that horror films can be interesting without excess jump scares.

I might watch the classic shows one day. Might see what I missed.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiss My Big Black Stuff !

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I never really realized that the main difference between Scotch, Whisky and Bourbon was actually based on the fact they're made in different countries.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I'd probably like the movie adaptation of The Lovely Bones more if it wasn't so abstract about it's own existence. Those "afterlife" scenes are great to look at but the way most of the "Earth" scenes are shot are just borderline annoying. Peeps should just go read the book instead.

Saoirse Ronan and Stanley Tucci gave great performances though. That scene with Lindsey and The Pedophile/ Sexual Assaulter/Murderer was pretty tense as well.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bored out of my mind.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they'll make some Kororinpa game for the Switch.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592697 Magian  Online

@morpheus_: Well technically it was 3.75€ since it's 1+1 on Thursdays :p Wish the universe would conspire to win the lottery or something though lol

I watched the Witcher. I liked it, I can understand why people liked it, do think there is room for improvement but I enjoyed it. Won't comment on how faithful it was because I'm not really that familiar with the source material though. If there is one thing I think definitely needs to improved, that was Cavill. While he was far from bad, I do think he was a bit stiff at times. Although I suppose the character could be like this. Also it's a shame they killed that certain character on the first episode. Seemed rather interesting.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#592698 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: True enough - if you are hellbent on parting with your money then I won't attempt to dissuade you. :P

Geralt is fairly stiff, gruff and laconic in the novel, too - I felt it was an apt depiction. It's less on Cavill and more about them being faithful to the way the character usually behaves.

You mean Renfri? She only appears in the Lesser Evil short story, and Geralt kills her similarly to the way it was portrayed in the episode. I'm not sure how clear it was that, i) Geralt killed Renfri's gang because they would have slaughtered regular people until Stregobor decided to appear, and ii) that Stregobor thinks of people as cattle and had no intention of surrendering regardless of how many died.

Everyone turning on Geralt in the end is more impactful once you see why he opted to kill Renfri.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished the first season and I thought Cavill has went a long way from his previous performances which weren't really good.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592700  Edited By King_Saturn

I can't believe they are making another Bill and Ted movie.

John Wick back in Comedy !