#592251 God_Spawn  Moderator
God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#592252  Edited By God_Spawn  Moderator

@magian: A dude was cutting in line and got into an altercation at the front and stabbed a dude. This one happened in Maryland though.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Epstein didn’t kill himself??

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#592254  Edited By Magian

@god_spawn: I see. While cutting in line can be quite annoying, still getting stabbed over something like this... Imagine if it was about something more serious.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People get shot over Fried Chicken...

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#592256  Edited By Yassassin

After getting all cranked out on preworkout is probably not the best time to practice my drawing.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592257  Edited By God_Spawn  Moderator

Julius Maddox is the best bencher of all time. Ray Williams is the best squatter of all time. And Eddie Hall is the king of deadlifts.

Catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@god_spawn: *larry wheels belly laughs in the distance* (joke)

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a film about ET and ALF meeting somewhere through the Galaxy.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592262 God_Spawn  Moderator
King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shayna Baszler is an interesting Women's Wrestler. I am kind of interested how a feud between Baszler and Becky Lynch goes.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592264 God_Spawn  Moderator

@king_saturn: Baszler is underrated as hell. Her and Becky would kill it.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592265 God_Spawn  Moderator

500 triples killed me last week. Idk what I want to work up to for 5-6’s today.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Baszler is underrated as hell. Her and Becky would kill it.

I think they had a confrontation in an interview recently. Would be must see TV.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592267 God_Spawn  Moderator
God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592268 God_Spawn  Moderator

Maybe I’ll release a program for free. Idk.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Dolemite Is My Name.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: When he squatted 900lbs while prepping for a body building show I nearly collapsed from the Pr power.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592271  Edited By God_Spawn  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Ray Williams squatting 1080 with near picture perfect form and rather easily getting out of the hole is beyond amazing.

I think Larry is pound for pound probably the strongest guy all around, a 700lbs bench, 900 pound squat and over 900 deadlift? There aren’t many lifters I can think that can match that. A few are stronger in certain lifts but aren’t around his other lifts numbers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Ray’s an absolute unit.

Yeah Larry is most likely pound for pound the strongest man on earth and he has a very great physique to compliment it as well. Most people who put up the numbers he does do not look as lean or developed as he does. I genuinely think he’s gonna squat 950-1000lbs and DL 1000lbs one day

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592273 God_Spawn  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I think Ray is just that damn good at squatting. His deadlift is up there. I think if he worked on his bench a bit too, he’d set the all time total world record for awhile. I think he did earlier this year. Larry probably could as well, especially at a lighter weight. He could realistically hit a 2700+ total if he stays healthy. I think the only guy who could catch up is Eddie since he’s chasing the bench world record right now. But again, he needs to stay healthy. He’s having problems programming the bench press. He just did some vids with Maddox he hasn’t released yet.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This year has been a very interesting NBA season so far. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, if there is one thing the Babylonia anime has done right so far, besides great animation, is making Gilgamesh a more sympathetic character. Must be the first time I actually liked him besides that scene in F/Z.

Really curious to see if they are going to introduce any supernatural or at least sci-fi elements in Babylon. If they don't, that whole Eurus approach they seem to be taking with Ai clashes a bit with the more realistic setting.

"The Pokemon Snap sequel no one was expecting" lol this and the Endgame references regarding the Pokemon culling are so funny.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shimoneta just might be my new anime trash meme source after Keijo.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shimoneta got a bit weaker towards the finale but other than that, it was a rather entertaining anime.

Also, I could definitely see our society becoming like this in the future.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#592278  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: Gilgamesh becomes attuned to the era he manifests in, so basically he's a genocidal idiot in UBW because the world is a gigantic gutter. Don't ask me how that works.

Nasu realized there was a lot more potential to him than just an overpowered guy for Saber and Shirou to beat so along with Narita and Urobuchi he's been retconning/building him in very different ways that don't necessarily match his first appearances during the Stay Night routes.

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...Lula is officially free, hum?

Well, damn. Looks like the gates from hell have finally open again.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592280 God_Spawn  Moderator

Bench is finally moving again. Hard to think 4-5 months ago I could only rep 95 pounds because my shoulder was bad. I’m not 100% yet but 270 is in the tank. Want at least 300 by the end of the year.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lakers are looking really good since their loss to the Clippers. It will be interesting to see what the Clippers look like when Paul George is healthy.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Really? First I hear about that. I mean I knew that when a Servant is summoned, he gains some knowledge of the era he was summoned in but not that. It's an ability specific to Gilgamesh I take it?

Yeah, his FSN appearances don't really do his character much justice. Plus given his popularity, he gets to be featured a lot in several of the other AU Fate works.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592283 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: It's Gilgamesh-specific, yes. He mentioned it during Fate/Extra CCC. It seems like a retcon, but I just roll with it.

If I were, for example, to become incarnated, my blood as a human would stir and my nature would gravitate towards that of the humans of that era---

I think he's easy to hate, so I hope people will become more familiar with how multifaceted he can be, for good or ill.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: I see. Don't remember him mention anything like in other of the shows he has been featured in, so I guess you are right about it being a retcon. That said, regarding his Babylonia version, it is a Gilgamesh from a different point in his life, so that plays some part too.

Ohh, I'll definitely agree with you on this one although tbh, besides myself, I don't remember seeing anyone else saying they don't like him. He had a large fanbase even despite the way he was depicted in FSN.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592285  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: Oh, I don't think that absolves him - it basically explains his behavior in Stay Night, but not in Zero, since he had not been "incarnated" until they very end - but it's something interesting to consider about him. Most of his charming (...) personality remains his own.

If I hadn't started with Zero I wouldn't have liked him, he was very one-note in Stay Night, especially during UBW. But his death in Fate remains one his best moments. Unexpectedly tender and full of dignity - befitting of a king.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I still really don't know what exactly is exciting about streaming Dungeons & Dragons campaigns.

Critical Role with Matt Mercer being the Dungeon Master and other voice actors being the campaign players still doesn't show the appeal to me.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brightburn was a wonderful movie.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592288 God_Spawn  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Out of an interest in discussion I’ve had this week with a few people, our topic of the week has been does the overhead press really carry over to the bench press or vice versa. I know you know what you’re talking about and I’d like your take. Just a quick background on our stances, my boss is a former champion bodybuilder, and successful powerlifter and coach. My friend is a strict is strictly powerlifter, and myself a competitive strongman and powerlifter. This conversation spanned out of I believe my bench press has only maintained itself due to me being able to increase my overhead press, yet I’ve seen some people say overhead press never did anything for their bench.

Boss and I have a similar stance. We see a lot of people with good bench presses have sucky overhead presses. But I think anyone that has a good overhead press will have a respectable bench. In strongman we prioritize overhead work, and for assistance I see a lot of incline work and close grip in bench over a standard wider grip bench. Incline helps with stuff off the chest and close grip hits the triceps, which is clutch for lockout strength. In defense of the bench itself, you build up your pecs a bit, and in any overhead movement like a log or an axle, you now have a bigger base to push from, the which is always a plus. From a strongman perspective, Andrew Clayton has/had a world record overhead press of I think somewhere in the 440+ range and benches 375 for reps while saying he sucks at it. Joey Szatmary doesn’t focus on bench but hit a PR 417.5lbs and I believe he has put close 400 over his head. Alan Thrall has a 365 bench. Brian Alsruhe has a 500lbs+ bench while putting 390 over his head and hating the bench press. Eddie says he sucks at bench and is near 700lbs, Shaw says the most he has ever done was mid 500’s. Regardless of weight and all that, basically you have a strong overhead, you will have a respectable bench.

On the flip side, Pete Rubish for example believes overhead press doesn’t impact bench press. Nick Wright I know had a 350+ bench but his strict press was only 205 and this was from a few years back. And my friend, who is a good powerlifter, 190, squats getting to 400lbs, almost a 500lbs sumo puller and a mid 200’s bench press. His strict press is maybe 135 and can barely push press 185. He’s cycled in some overhead work and he felt like it never helped his bench.

In my head, I break it down like this. In an OHP, your primary movers will be anterior delts and triceps. A little bit of upper pec, rear delts, traps and maybe even a bit of lats for stability purposes. Bench press, you work the same muscles, and now you have the whole pec to use as well as being in a stronger position by laying down, so realistically, you have more muscle mass to utilize and of course your bench will be bigger. So in an OHP by strengthening those muscles you can bench pretty well even if you don’t training it much. But in bench, those muscles may not strengthen the same way it will for overhead press. And if you’re training for bench, the bench itself will get stronger. So by adding in more overhead work, it may not necessarily add much of anything your bench itself.

It’s like like squat and deadlift. Your squat goes up, your deadlift goes up. Your deadlift goes up, your squat probably won’t. You have a good overhead press, you’ll have a respectable bench. You have a good bench, you may not have a good overhead press by comparison. Aside from maybe close grip variations and incline work.

I know it’s a lot but I want to get your opinion on stuff and maybe any experience you’ve had.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Well there is still one thing to consider regarding Gilgamesh in FSN. As you might remember, at the end of FZ, he acquired a body after coming in contact with the mud from the Holy Grail. It is very possible that his behaviour was affected by it. I remember reading somewhere about that but I'm not sure if it indeed did anything to him.

I started with Zero as well, it was still an on-going show when I got into anime, so for me it was 1st part of FZ, FSN and then the 2nd part of FZ. But yeah, he had his moments. Just not enough to make me think better of him.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592290 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: Angra Mainyu can't affect Gilgamesh. The reason the grail gave him a physical body was that Gilgamesh's will was too strong.

The voice of the curse asked. What was right? Who was there to acknowledge it? Who was there to permit it? And who was to bear the burden of sin?

Facing the bombshell tossed from the darkness—in reply, a resounding and concrete sneer. A foolish question. That goes without asking. The King will acknowledge it; the King will permit it. The King will bear the burden of the entire world.

“—!?” The mud asked, what is a king? But at the same time it asked the question, it realized it had contradicted itself. In this place that strictly did not allow the existence of entities, the mud had admitted that there was someone else within it. Some strange foreign object that could not exist had appeared here.

That was the presence of an absolute controller, as well as one without equal. His name was—King of Heroes, Gilgamesh.

“That is I!” The black mud cracked and dispersed away, leaving flying droplets. The foreign object it could not digest even by mobilizing all its hatred appeared from within the black mud.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing left this year I want to see in the Theater. The good thing is in January 2020 Bad Boys For Life comes out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I definitely agree with your assessment, whenever I prioritize overhead press work in a program I may not see drastic gains in the Bench but I definitely do see some improvement. For example, once when I was running a more upper pec based program that had me incline benching and db incline benching often with one big OHP day getting stronger on the OHP made my ability to stabilize my Bench much easier and had me throwing weight up much easier than when I make Bench progression and don’t ohp. Maybe it’s the angle, since incline works at a closer angle to Ohp it may benefit moreso. Just recently I was bringing up my flat bench and my Ohp up and making very steady and consistent progress, moreso than when I just strictly flat bench. And I also agree that getting a good/stronger bench doesn’t equate to having a better OHP.

for me personally I’ve actually found that deadlifts impair my squat progression. The stronger, heavier and more I perform at deadlifts the less progress I make on my squats. It’s probably due to fatigue and not having rested enough or to prioritizing the deadlift at the beginning of the week leaving less energy for the squat later in the week after the bodies been hammered a couple workouts in but that’s all my experience with it so far.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592293  Edited By Magian

@morpheus_: I see. I suppose that's consistent with what happened to him in Heaven's Feel.

Btw, where are those from? You checked the visual novels?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592294 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: It's both consistent and inconsistent. He clearly resists it in Zero - with utmost ease, whereas in HF he gets consumed. The consistent part is that he had to be broken down immediately in HF, he would have otherwise taken control of the shadow from the inside.

I've read the Stay Night visual novel but that particular passage is from the Fate/Zero light novel. I'm rather baffled they didn't include it in the anime, it was a great scene.

Enkidu also makes an appearance in Zero (Gilgamesh has a flashback to his death when Saber uses Excalibur to kill Caster), even though that was also not included.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592295 God_Spawn  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: That’s what I would like to think. Even if you skip benching for awhile, it kind of stabilizes the bench a bit,I think both figuratively and literally. Work on the shoulder stability in a different position, it will carry over, and if you can’t bench, as in my case, it’s kept me around the mid-200’s in my bench despite only being able to bench maybe once every 2 weeks until recently.

I’m kinda the same way. I’ve found for myself I have to put my deadlift at the end of the week before I squat, otherwise my squat does suffer, especially since I’m a primarily a conventional puller, and a low bar squatter. I can squat and then deadlift and be fine. My CNS just needs that 2-3 day break for the most part between deadlift and anything else. I’ve been rotating in sumo every 2 weeks along with a high bar day to kind of circumvent that until my body gets used to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Exactly, I find since it also requires way more core and lat activation for being upright it also benefits the bench as well once again for stabilization because you have a better mind to muscle connection than beforehand.

Yeah I’m a conventional puller (double overhand) and a high bar squatter actually (honestly prefer front squatting over anything but obviously not a major PL movement). I might have to start doing that myself when I get back into, because my squat was suffering a lot especially post Cut and right into PL split but I tweaked my left hammy and my left delt and been workin 2 jobs so my gains/lifting progression has dovetailed backwards.

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netflix's Seis Manos is downright awful...

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LSU beating Alabama... what a game.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592299 God_Spawn  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Fair assessment. And yeah, I agree it is easier to feel the lats in it. Especially when you flare them up and and give yourself kind of a platform to press from. I think it’s kind of a hard queue to get right when doing that on a bench press, and one often people don’t get right, especially on the unrack.

Fronts are GOAT and help everything lol. Definitely my preferred method of squatting but I’ve been out of practice with back squats and 385 felt funky. The other low bar issue I run into is just bad tendinitis in the elbow and brachialis area. I figure rotating will help that issue as well. And you pull hook grip or straps? And yeah, the job load will do it lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: yeah my bench still needs a lot of work, I tend to not utilize my lats at all but when I Ohp I tend to use them more which in turn improves how my bench feels.

Fronts are phenomenal but because of my lack of core and wrist flexibility it’s tricky for me to go heavy, I’ve hit 225 for a single a couple of times and never really attempted anything more because the bar always almost comes off me. Yup I feel that, I had golfer’s elbow that wouldn’t go away for a month. I only use straps on my top set or 1rm, so I generally just go double overhand strapless (I like to live life dangerously 😂). I just need a proper program to follow with my job rn since I work so much it’s hard to find the time and energy to lift. I don’t think PL is optimal rn so I’d probably go for a more body building style of training (still incorporating the Squat, Bench and Deadlifts as primary movements but just no 80-90% of max or 1rm kind of work).