Whats Going Through Your Mind Right Now... 2.0

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#588451  Edited By Magian

I understand why people like Gilgamesh but was never really a big fan of him. A bit too much of a bastard for my taste. The only time I liked him was when let Waver live after the battle with Iskandar.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@supermanthor: Plenty of retcons to Venom's mythos, which changes a lot of how you'd see Eddie's relationship with the symbiote is.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#588454 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: If I had watched UBW before Zero chances are I wouldn't have liked him, either. His exchanges with Kirei about human nature were my favorite part of Zero.

I'm actually surprised that Gil is even popular. And yes, the moment with Waver is great.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That reminds me, Waver's anime should be out in a few months. If they can keep the quality of the special episode, it is going to be good.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Yeah but I'm honestly loving every change Cates has made so far.

He's giving a lot of dimension to Eddie's character than several other writers have had the chance to do and with the twist in the end, there's loads of potential stories for Eddie's background.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: tbh yeah i agree anything from cates is a near guaranteed hit at this point

also do you gonna pick up his guardians run ?

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: I'll check it out for a couple more issues before I decide to drop or not.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: Gilgamesh fights are just too boring to look at.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, The Geoff Johns/Gary Frank incarnation of Brainiac is back.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really hope when all the age of X-men crap wraps up they don't reality warp away all the things going down in uncanny x-men.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: He is an interesting character, that's for sure. And when he is not being such a bastard, he can be likeable. But that doesn't happen often enough.

He has a very large fanbase. Among Fate characters, he must be on the Top 3 or 5. You could say he is another mascot like Saber.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: Well he is among the most powerful Servants. Not many can put up a fight really. But I get what you are saying.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#588465  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@magian said:

@life_without_progress: Well he is among the most powerful Servants. Not many can put up a fight really. But I get what you are saying.

I think LWP means they are boring because Gilgamesh just uses everything as a projectile while contemptuously glaring at his opponents, not necessarily because of power levels.

That being said, his fights against Heracles and Iskandar were visually striking.

He is an interesting character, that's for sure. And when he is not being such a bastard, he can be likeable. But that doesn't happen often enough.

He was alright in Zero, they managed to strike a fine balance. In UBW he's far more overtly villainous and his motivations are not really expanded upon - which is why I would have disliked him without any prior exposure. Maybe they delve into it in later episodes, but given that I am just seven episodes away from finishing the series, I rather doubt it.

Oh, I know he's popular. I'm simply surprised about it.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588466  Edited By Magian

@morpheus_: He doesn't really get the chance to go all out and use Ea. But you know that when he does, there will be blood lol Yeah, those two fights were very good. And not just visually.

I think it has something to do with what happened to him at the end of Zero and how he got his body.

Can't say I am. People have liked crazier things in the past lol

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588467  Edited By helloman

I didn't know they had the Fate Stay anime stuff was in the Shadowverse TCG. Gonna be good devising strategies and discussing it to myself.

No one else seems to be interested in the Shadowverse stuff, so that'll be good to think about alone.

Also weird that no one is into Pokemon Go too, all of the people outside of the internet that I interact with are unlikeable idiots and haven't said a word about Pokemon anyway, so I guess there's no one to talk to about Pokemon Go. But I can look stuff up on the internet at least.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn Oi bro are flat dumbbell presses compound?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588469  Edited By Magian

Why do they show all the interesting stuff around or past midnight? Don't they realise that people sleep during the night?

What I don't like about the Servants in Fate is that they turn a lot of them into lolis, bishounen etc. Some are weird.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#588470 god_spawn  Moderator

@monsterstomp: Yeah. I mean it’s technically a bench variation.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad some songs were made.

Like Grillz by Nelly. That beat goes hard.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Yeah. I mean it’s technically a bench variation.

True. Its just strange I can't go as heavier.

I actually prefer dumbbell presses tbh.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new printer is so amazing. It has its own email address. Like what?

And it keeps amazing me that people act like idiots throughout the day and invade my privacy to the point where they can hear what I say in my house and, here's the weird part, they won't talk to me about it, yet they expect me to say hi to them or respond to them.

So, a whole lot of people are getting ignored tonight and blocked on Twitch, which here's the weird thing again, they can see that I blocked them and get butthurt over it and do passive aggressive things.

So weird that people get butthurt over something that you normally can't do in the first place. I'm not the one exploiting the website here.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#588474 god_spawn  Moderator

@monsterstomp: Barbell is more balanced and allows an easier application of force. With dumbbells, you’re forced to really use your stabilizers.

And I’m kind of the same depending on the exercise. I prefer dumbbell incline and shoulder work or floor presses vs their barbell equivalents. But I prefer flat bench over flat dumbbell. It makes zero sense.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Ahh true. Yeah that makes sense about the barbell being a more stable platform to press.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These cheeseburgers I'm about to eat are THICC. Gonna be happy and full tonight!

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bad writing is when you stop saying "Why Would Superman do this" and start saying "Why would the writer make Superman do this".

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_:

I'd say there have been missed opportunities (up to episode 12), they tend to linger on unimportant or boring aspects like how lovestruck Shirou and Rin are for each other than expanding on connections (Kirei/Rin, Illya/Shirou, Saber/Shirou, Saber/Illya, Rin/Sakura, Kirei/Shirou) that are there. Even when they decide to touch on those connections, it's fleeting.

I think that has to do with the how the Fate franchise started. The original FSN game was an eroge and then it was re-released with the risque elements removed. That's why it focuses more on Shirou and the girls he falls in love with (he develops feelings for a different girl in each route, Saber in Fate, Rin in UBW and Sakura in Heaven's Feel). Supposedly there was to be a fourth route about Illya but fortunately that didn't happen...

I realize she's the most popular, or at least one of the most popular characters. And she is more interesting to me this time, especially given how crushing everything turned out to be for her and Kiritsugu after the Fourth War. But during Zero, she didn't really merit all the on screen time she received.

I don't really intend to expand on further Fate material beyond maybe the new UBW Heaven's Feel, so thankfully I will be spared of derivations of her.

I see. I can understand that.

Well at least in anime, there aren't many others like her. Both Jeanne d'Arc and Red Saber may be designed to look like her but in personality they are quite different. But there are several actual variations of her in other media like in manga or the games like a Lancer version of her. Tbh outside of FZ/FSN, the other Fate adaptations can be quite the mixed bag really. Some can be decent like Fate/Extra: The Last Encore which I presonally liked to anime like Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya which I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like much lol

That episode was probably Zero's best, I'd rather not see it marred with a sideplot of Rin clumsily helping abducted children. They could had simply cut down the time they dedicated to the silly serial killer and Bluebeard, and of course two episodes with most of the Servants fighting a giant creature were unnecessary. And I appreciate the insight to Kiritsugu's past, but the second episode with his mentor didn't do much for me. Most of his reasons for doing what he does stem back to his childhood.

That's true, good point. And I'll agree with the rest. They focused a bit too much on things that while should be shown, shouldn't be shown that much.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

What I don't like about the Servants in Fate is that they turn a lot of them into lolis, bishounen etc. Some are weird.

You saw what they did with Jack The Ripper and Nero? Two of Western history's biggest whack jobs, turned into your typical basement dweller's loli and waifu fetish.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Obsession Over Brie Larson And Her Politics On YouTube...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be Careful Of Creepy Ass Ninjas Who Use Throwing Stars To Attack Your Backside...

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: And not just them. The funny thing is that there is another version of Jack the Ripper in Fate/Strange fake and he is quite different.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll always forever hate on Fate/Apocrypha for it's pacing issues, bad mapping of the plot and mishandling of character arcs (We needed more Achilles and Mordred spotlight) but Sieg vs Karna is still by far one of the most epic fights in the Fate franchise.

Loading Video...

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every morning I start making bacon without a shirt and every morning I regret it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need full body armor

BB

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's gonna be a more Shoulder base push day but I'm still gonna hit chest like an abusive stepfather.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588487  Edited By helloman

Some people want me to join a Discord, but what are they going to give me? I have gotten nothing of worth from anyone online except words, yet you want me to listen to you speak.

It's probably the people who took it upon themselves to see everything I do online and see everything I do in my house, but why would I want to speak to people like you who do that?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: That fight and that episode in general sure was great to watch. Fate/Apocrypha sure knew how to make fights that looked good.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, the people who see everything I do online are still butthurt I can see.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There should be more fight scenes set to Jazz.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moro seems like an interesting villain so far.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinichiro Watanabe's new "Carole and Tuesday" anime project looks interesting. Even has Studio Bones animating it.

The art direction looks far different from his own original directorial projects in the past like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo and Terror In Resonance. Not sure whether it's a good or bad thing.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588493  Edited By Magian

If only it was something I was interested in. But I liked several of his previous works. At least the ones you mentioned anyway.

But Bones usually makes decent anime, so pretty sure it will be good.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Copra coming to Image???
BB

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588496  Edited By helloman

When's Overwatch League starting? I'm getting antsy.

Gonna play some more Shadowverse tonight. The game is real good.

I had a hungering for some pizza today, but that has somewhat faded. Still might get some though.

It's weird but I think some famous people are mad at me. But, I literally don't know where I have interacted with them, so I have a feeling that some people I interact with online are keeping some things on the down low. It is so weird that that could happen. That is a little tiring of a thought though. I feel like eating now.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jussie, Jussie, Jussie. Out here telling lies, Jussie?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4
deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not saying it's a great game, it's okay. But I think JForce came around the wrong time. Smash is so over-hyped that people are going to look at anything in the realm of it with sh*t-tinted glasses. Maybe they had hopes to high. I learned a long time ago to not expect alot from Anime tie games outside of fan service. Cut scenes could have used VA, even if it's crappy American dubbing.

AN: I'm not saying Smash is bad, it's just not as good as the cult of personality around it make it out to be, Imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listening to the Beatles reminds me of much simpler times in life. Better times.