Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#576351 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: That said, when the MCU goes for something more serious, it can be rather good. Like the Winter Soldier or Civil War for example. Just wish it could balance the comedic and the more serious elements better.

I agree. Winter Soldier and Civil War are awesome. So are the lesser serious MCU films (Ragnarok, Homecoming) even though they were lacking emotional depth, which held them back from being classics.

#576352 Posted by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: Haven't watched Homecoming yet, so I can't comment on it. For me what the MCU needs to do is, first start going for a more subtle humour because currently it feels way too forced and second, don't have all the characters use funny oneliners. It would be if only one or two characters do that.

#576353 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: Haven't watched Homecoming yet, so I can't comment on it. For me what the MCU needs to do is, first start going for a more subtle humour because currently it feels way too forced and second, don't have all the characters use funny oneliners. It would be if only one or two characters do that.

I 100% agree with the second part of your comment. It's gotten too over-the-top with EVERY character being a comedian.

#576354 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying to steer my life in a different direction.....

#576355 Posted by Super_ninja (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Snl with episode with Kate McKinnon and hosted by Tiffany Haddish was funny.

#576356 Edited by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

5 years ago.

#576357 Posted by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

To buy Ultra Sun or not to buy? That is the question.

Tbh, I wish they had used some other character other than Cyborg in the JLA after the Flashpoint. I still associate him with the Titans. Would have preferred maybe another woman.

#576358 Posted by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel is on TV.

#576359 Posted by lowlaville (10844 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#576360 Posted by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel is on TV.

It was on TV here as well last night.

#576361 Posted by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicman24: Yeah, they got it under some JL promotion haha.

#576362 Posted by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Maybe they did the same here. They do stuff like this occasionally. Do hope we get to see a MoS 2 eventually.

#576363 Posted by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicman24: Same. But WB changes their mind like women, so we can never be too confident in what we'll get lmao.

#576364 Posted by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: The way new DCEU movies are announced, more likely we will get an Alfred movie than a Supes movie lol

#576365 Posted by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicman24: I'd watch an Alfred movie. And his struggles with guiding an orphaned soul. I think we may have something!

#576366 Posted by black_wreath (13388 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_wreath: I like Jane Levy, but I wonder if anyone would want her in the role if not for the fact she had red hair. The same can be said about Stone, but she is a superior actress and has a likability and endearing-ness (not a word, I know) on-screen and off that is hard to find elsewhere and isn't present in Levy. My first thought if Levy was cast wouldn't be "that's bad casting", it would be "Diet Emma Stone?"

Okay I just remember reading Levy was the front runner.

Jane Levy has a tremendous range, she would do fine as a character who is not even renowned for her personality traits. She is a more realistic choice than Emma Stone, a great actress and "Diet No-one"... >:(

#576367 Edited by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_wreath said:
@theamazingspidey said:

@black_wreath: I like Jane Levy, but I wonder if anyone would want her in the role if not for the fact she had red hair. The same can be said about Stone, but she is a superior actress and has a likability and endearing-ness (not a word, I know) on-screen and off that is hard to find elsewhere and isn't present in Levy. My first thought if Levy was cast wouldn't be "that's bad casting", it would be "Diet Emma Stone?"

Jane Levy has a tremendous range, she would do fine as a character who is not even renowned for her personality traits. She is a more realistic choice than Emma Stone, a great actress and "Diet No-one"... >:(

Of course, Levy is the more realistic choice, which is what I think makes her such an endearing fancast for Barbara. It isn't too far-fetched. That said, I've learnt to trust casting directors - everyone wanted a big guy with a big smile like Channing Tatum for the role of Shazam!..... but DC surprised us with one of those "wow, I never thought of this casting but it's actually perfect!" They know what they're doing, so if they cast Levy, I trust she'll do a great job :) The only DCEU casting that's let me down so far is Adams as Lois. Absolutely terrible.

#576368 Posted by black_wreath (13388 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_wreath said:
@theamazingspidey said:

Of course, Levy is the more realistic choice, which is what I think makes her such an endearing fancast for Barbara. It isn't too far-fetched. That said, I've learnt to trust casting directors - everyone wanted a big guy with a big smile like Channing Tatum for the role of Shazam!..... but DC surprised us with one of those "wow, I never thought of this casting but it's actually perfect!" They know what they're doing, so if they cast Levy, I trust she'll do a great job :) The only DCEU casting that's let me down so far is Adams as Lois. Absolutely terrible.

I wanted Channing Tatum as Shazam because he's a big guy I could buy having the brain of a child (and he and the Rock have chemistry) I also wanted John Cena because, again, he's a big guy I could buy having the brain of a child (and he and the Rock have chemistry) and also because Shazam will likely be DC's most kid-aimed movie and Cena already has a connection with them. Outside of Thor: TDW and Tangled I'm not familiar with Mr. Levi's work so I'm not sure how to feel about that one.

I thought Amy Adams' Lois was pretty good in her first MoS scene (not including that "tinkle" line) but nothing after that. That said, I blame the writers and director for having no idea what to do with the character other than as a damsel in distress plot device rather than Adams herself. She campaigned for the role for years so I assume she must be at least somewhat familiar with the character. Joss would've been the ideal guy to utilize her but I doubt he's made any difference to her portrayal in Justice League, she would've hardly been a priority.

But what about Eisenberg?

#576369 Edited by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_wreath: Adams is a good actress, but she's missing the wit, spunk and vigour of Lois. Just look at Margot Kidder and Erica Durance's portrayal of Lois - two actresses who did a fantastic job with Lois - then compare them to Adams as the character. I don't blame her for accepting a role though. I'm sure she wants to do right by it, but it's bad casting IMO.

I don't think Eisenberg is bad casting. I do believe they went over-the-top with him, and if not, he would've been a good villain (not a good Lex through). I'll say 50/50 - I enjoyed him, but it's a shame we couldn't get a comic accurate Lex. What did you think about Eisenberg?

#576370 Posted by black_wreath (13388 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_wreath: Adams is a good actress, but she's missing the wit, spunk and vigour of Lois. Just look at Margot Kidder and Erica Durance's portrayal of Lois - two actresses who did a fantastic job with Lois - then compare them to Adams as the character. I don't blame her for accepting a role though. I'm sure she wants to do right by it, but it's bad casting IMO.

I don't think Eisenberg is bad casting. I do believe they went over-the-top with him, and if not, he would've been a good villain (not a good Lex through). I'll say 50/50 - I enjoyed him, but it's a shame we couldn't get a comic accurate Lex. What did you think about Eisenberg?

His performance made me feel stupid for repeatedly defending the casting. I thought he could prove everyone wrong but it would seem his approach to pulling off a "Heath Ledger" was to inexplicably mimic Heath Ledger to a degree rather than, I don't know, actually play Lex Luthor....

He embarrassed me, I'm glad he was cut from JL.

#576371 Posted by Farron-Croft (26712 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey:

Superman/Wonder Woman would kick ass (bite me xD)

No Caption Provided

and I'm still holding out on a Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn romance.

About time we agree on something! Who do you think should play Ivy?

#576372 Posted by Farron-Croft (26712 posts) - - Show Bio

Taylor Swift can rap. xD

#576373 Posted by TVC-15 (5100 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League: 40%

Screencap me.

#576374 Posted by Helloman (9131 posts) - - Show Bio

Christmas is right around the corner.

#576375 Edited by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Actually now that I think of it, yeah an Alfred movie could actually be interesting.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
#576376 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (11205 posts) - - Show Bio

Started this part-time gig on campus, workin with 2 fly BBW

Normally I don't go for that but I'm hella impressed with these 2

Avatar image for bella_blackstar
#576377 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (4293 posts) - - Show Bio

They have a trap wiki ?

Awesome

#576378 Posted by Cable_Extreme (15080 posts) - - Show Bio

What would happen if Trump gained Dr.Manhattan's powers?

#576379 Posted by ComicMan24 (147977 posts) - - Show Bio

What is that Discord thing? I have seen mentioned before and I have no idea what is it.

#576380 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (4293 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicman24: Like a group skype. You text/voice chat and post pix etc

#576381 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (4293 posts) - - Show Bio

Cutting my Netflix/Hulu watch-list is nerve racking

#576382 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 3 was pretty cool. Humor was pretty hit or miss for me with some scenes making me feel just a tad bit annoyed. Hulk was kind of eh, but Thor was pretty cool. Overall fun movie, but not really one I'd be rushing to see again.

#576383 Posted by Super_ninja (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just listening to some music by Singer Kiiara, i like it.

#576384 Posted by Helloman (9131 posts) - - Show Bio

Fried fish in a little bit..... Can't wait.....

#576385 Edited by Bella_Blackstar (4293 posts) - - Show Bio

So what were Chris Evans roles before Captain America ?

Uhhhhh he put a banana up is butt.

#576386 Posted by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Rotten Tomatoes will be delaying the score for JL? Wow. Its either got a low score or... its got alow score.

#576387 Posted by TVC-15 (5100 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragnarok sorta just came and went, huh?

#576388 Posted by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio

Renchamp being a boss.

#576389 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: no. RT is trying to hype up their show so they're delaying the rotten tomatoes score.

Reviews will still be available everywhere else

#576390 Edited by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio
#576391 Posted by Wolverine008 (51011 posts) - - Show Bio

Me and little brother currently binge watching Luke Cage lol

#576392 Edited by TVC-15 (5100 posts) - - Show Bio

The salt over the makeup removal app could be harvested to seasoned every meal this Thanksgiving.

#576393 Posted by MonsterStomp (35454 posts) - - Show Bio

So today has been successful. The majority of Australia voiced their opinions on same sex marriage, and its a significant step in the right direction.

However some people I know on Facebook will be getting deleted because of their glass half empty demeanour. They're right, same sex marriage wasn't legalised, but with a mood so high on it being a step in the right direction, why reach for the stars and bring other worldly issues into the mix?

"Australia votes yes!"

"Refugees in Manus Island are suffering"

Oh I can see how you made that distinct connection *sarcasm*. Can't even celebrate without that one person having a cry about what the media has chosen to cover.

#576394 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was Gal Gadot I'd do everything I could to find out who posted that article and sue the hell out of them.

#576395 Edited by TVC-15 (5100 posts) - - Show Bio

Now Gal's in it too.

Hollywood's imploding.

#576396 Posted by Super_ninja (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestorm is such badass !

#576397 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was Gal Gadot I'd do everything I could to find out who posted that article and sue the hell out of them.

Which article is this?

#576398 Posted by Lunacyde (26870 posts) - - Show Bio

@righteous300 said:

Which article is this?

Yeah, what are we talking about?

#576399 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: Someone posted a fake blog post claiming she was Gal's roommate 13yrs ago and that a friend of Gal's raped her while she was out town. Says she told Gal, and Gal forced her to say it was her fault it happened. Turns out a huge chink of the article is ripped straight from the movie Keeping Up With The Jones. The post was taken down but a couple sites picked it up and posted it to the masses.

#576400 Edited by TheAmazingSpidey (15339 posts) - - Show Bio

@righteous300 said:

@theamazingspidey: Someone posted a fake blog post claiming she was Gal's roommate 13yrs ago and that a friend of Gal's raped her while she was out town. Says she told Gal, and Gal forced her to say it was her fault it happened. Turns out a huge chink of the article is ripped straight from the movie Keeping Up With The Jones. The post was taken down but a couple sites picked it up and posted it to the masses.

WTF, that's messed up. What kind of human being post that about Gal of all people, who has actively been speaking against sexual assault.

@lunacyde