What scares you most about the future?

• 58 results
Brian8559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For you personally, what scares you most about the future? It's a broad question so people can interpret and answer it any way they wish.

School? Job prospects? Finding love? Technology advancing too quickly, or not quick enough? Being laid off? Etc...

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Flumox56

Death. Dying more then death itself.

Edit - Actually loved ones passing away scares me more then my own mortality.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not knowing if i'll ever get a girlfriend

Avatar image for autodestruction
Autodestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Autodestruction

Watching my failures take over my path, leading me to derail from it and fall into the valley of depression and sorrowness without having one single chance to climb it back again or become responsable for my adulthood actions. Like the time where i walked away from the whole thing. Too. Many. Times.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Old age.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That my mental faculties will continue to deteriorate.

That the world and society will keep getting worse making life harder for my children and grandchildren.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pizza and politics

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By cyberninja

Uncertainty

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGoddess
Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonez_

Disappointing those around me. Being a failure. Embarrassing myself.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump supporters

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ke$ha......

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for autodestruction
Autodestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me? Nothing. I am headed for a very comfortable life in the worst case scenario and a very lucrative one at best. What I am afraid of though, is the world my future children will grow up in. We, as a people, are seemingly determined to destroy ourselves and it is our children and their children who will pay for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Not knowing how the actions of society today will impact the world of tomorrow.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

When Entertainment pulls more interest than Education, oh wait it's already begun...

CrownClown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom does not fear the future. He rules it.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, nothing about the future really scares me. (Unless medicine and technology doesn't advance enough by then) I'm going to die eventually... no point in stressing over it. I live a pretty healthy life and have no family history of any major disease, so hopefully I won't have a shitty elderly life. My future looks pretty decent at worse, very bright & successful at best. I guess I probably fear - or rather am uneasy - about how the world will be in 50 years. Society is going south...

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are people who want to colonize other planets and that scares me. If humans do colonize other planets they'll ruin those planets...I think we should just stay on Earth (also humans are actually all related to each other, everybody is at least a 50th cousin to each other, so if we keep breeding on other planets then we're technically causing more inbreeding in a way. Yes what I'm saying might sound crazy but I'm right). Also I'm scared about how rapidly we're losing non-renewable energy sources. I'm also scared of the effects of Global Warming and Climate Change in the future. I'm also scared of the fact that there will be more big military and civil wars in years to come and I'm not sure how they would affect the planet. I think robotic technology will improve hugely in the future and you will get robots with a much higher intelligence than the current ones...some of them could put the planet into jeopardy and this scares me too. Also in the future there will be people who want to have immortality and there will be things that will prolong your life that there will be many more people who will live up to more than 100 years old, this scares me too. There could be the possibility of humans having their vital systems left in machines during the time their body is going to waste and they'll do this in an attempt to live for longer inside machines instead of their own bodies...I might be wrong and I'm sorry if I've phrased that incorrectly...this scares me too.

The question was "what scares you most about the future?". What I'm scared about the most is if I don't manage to get a medical degree in med school in a few years time lol.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Being kicked out of university.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Everything. It's human to be afraid of the unknown.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cost of living

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

The obsolescence of human work and labour due to machines, leading to mass unemployment.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By SpitfirePanda

Giant mutant cockroaches

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that should be feared about future is... fear of future that may shackle you when you need to act.

@solid_snake97 said:

Trump supporters

That explains a lot about you. Now try to leave jealousy behind and became his supporter and just maybie you'll get a girlfriend. xD

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: said: That explains a lot about you. Now try to leave jealousy behind and became his supporter and just maybie you'll get a girlfriend. xD

Your response to these comments say more about you actually. Get off Trump's nuts, he's gonna lose. After what they recorded him a decade ago got leaked about him talking about grabbing pu*#ies and seducing married women he's done. And not being able to get a gf or find as girl that your not compatiable with doesn't mean something's wrong with you. Some of the worst people on Earth have gf or bf. And great people and the realest people are often the loneliest. A lot of men who women adore now that they're famous were rejected various times, that's just life

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperion_x: Part with decade ago says it all about you, lol.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: It sure does...it says that i have standards. Trump has said outlandish things recently as well as decades ago which means that he never changed. I'm not a Hilary fan either but she's the obvious lesser of two evils.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: It sure does...it says that i have standards.

No, it says that your camp don't have anything more recent of such scope. And that means that he changed. It also says that people of your camp have a habit to collect compromat about all potential rivals (and in 2005 Trump was not candidate in elections or anywhere near elections...) or access to such collections of damaging information. And believe me, if you see Hilary is obvious lesser of two evils you don't have standarts at all.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nothing!

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

The only thing that should be feared about future is... fear of future that may shackle you when you need to act.

@revan2424 said:
@solid_snake97 said:

@revan2424 said:

Trump supporters

That explains a lot about you. Now try to leave jealousy behind and became his supporter and just maybie you'll get a girlfriend. xD

It was a joke, I do have a girlfriend lmao

Brian8559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: I think automation is a good thing. Humans won't have to work so they can spend more time doing the things they love in life. But I think some sort of a basic income would need to be implemented. No idea how that system would work.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: said: No, it says that your camp don't have anything more recent of such scope. And that means that he changed. It also says that people of your camp have a habit to collect compromat about all potential rivals (and in 2005 Trump was not candidate in elections or anywhere near elections...) or access to such collections of damaging information. And believe me, if you see Hilary is obvious lesser of two evils you don't have standarts at all.

Lol. Trump has disrespected women in 2016 as well as in 2005. He hasn't changed. And i don't have a "camp". Personally, i most likely would've voted for Bernie Sanders. Republicans are only out to make the rich even richer ever since Reagan was in office. Trump plans to do the same. Common sense would tell you to vote for the canidate who is more for the middle class and doesn't disrespect females and Hispanics every other week. Vote for who you want, but Trump is done. But as crazy as Trump is i can't even fault him because he's just being his normal self. I blame his supporters. Like Obi-Wan once said: "Who's more of the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperion_x:
Sure they told you that without any context. Common sense would also tell you to vote for the candidate who would less likely start World War III or throw yet another state in maw of terroristic dogs. You know that Hilary calls supporters of Sanders like you useless basement dwellers or something like that, by the way?)

ZUKOLICIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The future in itself is scary as hell. Im scared that well bring ourselves to our own destruction, lets face it, we probably will. World superpowers with Nukes and different opinions is not a good combination. WW3 doesnt seem so far away either. As for personal future, im afraid that i may screw up or have already screwed up my chances of success. Will i even be able to afford a house? If i become homeless, what will i do? Even if im successful, im still not good at talking to people i dont know and im out of high school, which is super sad, lol. The thing i want most is to have a family, the idea of one is great, but im afraid our economy will prevent me from affording to have one. Most of this is just me being paranoid but you cant see the future.

Elpizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing because, to quote Vincent Kenndy McMahan, "Live sucks and then you die."

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The possibility I won't achieve what I want before a certain time.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liberals destroying america and anything upsetting my wife.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My life ending, without being able to accomplish some of my goals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC ever-growing

DevilGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers