What personality type are you?

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From the Myers Brigs personality types, what would you consider yourself? I'll admit, I recently went down a rabbit hole with this stuff to make a clearer self image, and image of the people around me. Both my friends, and myself found the descriptions scarily accurate of how our thought process works. And here's a tip, when finding your personality type, tests aren't that good. I'd suggest looking through the 16, taking to most accurate few, focus on one and then research, if that isn't correct, then go to the next. You might learn a thing or two about yourself. Anyway, since I'm asking this question, I think it's only fair I answer it myself. And my personality type would happen to be ENTP

Now for the tags:

@jacdec@referee@superstay@superdarth@sar_annihilator@rawsos

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

Protagonist

ENFJ-A

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infp. Do you want to know my zodiac signs too?

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Peau de vache !

Résultat de jacdec

No Caption Provided

INTP

The architect, the thinker, the designer, the critic

Cognitive functions

• Dominant Function: Introverted Thinking
  • Auxiliary function: Extroverted intuition
  • Tertiary function: Introverted feeling
  • Lower function: Extroverted feeling

Examples of INTP characters

L (Death Note)
L (Death Note)
Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
Foxface (Hunger Games)
Foxface (Hunger Games)

Their strengths

INTPs are independent problem-solvers and are good at giving a concise and distanced analysis of an idea or situation. They ask tough questions, challenging others and themselves to find new logical methods.

INTPs perform at their best when given the opportunity to work independently on a problem whose solution requires an approach that goes against commonly held views. While they usually work best on their own, their critical and incisive syntheses can help a group get to the heart of complex issues.

Characteristics

INTPs primarily use their Introverted Thinking to discover or develop the underlying principles and logical structures that make it possible to understand and explain the world. They approach almost everything with skepticism, develop their own opinions and standards, and apply them rigorously.

They attach great importance to intelligence and competence. INTPs tend to be logical, analytical, capable of objective criticism, detached and meditative.

INTPs perceive the possibilities and connections that exist beyond what is present and obvious, they are curious and like to learn for the fun of it. They love abstract theories and discussions.

INTPs are generally mentally agile, intuitive, resourceful, extremely curious about ideas, theories and how things work.

INTPs notice inconsistencies and illogicality very quickly and enjoy dissecting and rearranging ideas. They naturally design complex theoretical systems to explain the reality around them. They find it difficult to tackle day-to-day tasks but devote a great deal of energy, intensity and focus to researching or analyzing complex problems that whet their curiosity.

How others can perceive them

INTPs are generally calm and reserved although they can be talkative about topics they are particularly familiar with. Unless their work drives them to action, they would rather seek solutions than put them into practice, they would rather not have to organize people and things.

INTPs are very tolerant; they only raise or discuss issues when they deem it reasonable to do so. This flexibility disappears, however, when their essential principles are called into question; they then stop adapting.

INTPs attach great importance to accurate communications and hate redundancies and truisms. They want to express the absolute truth and sometimes express themselves in such a complex way that others find it difficult to understand them.

INTPs are generally seen as quiet, reserved, calm, detached, independent and self-reliant observers.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn That's a good personality type to have as a mod

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky I don't really see value in zodiac signs but if you'd like to share it then go ahead.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MBTI test says INTP,

though I'm striving to become INTJ/ENTJ by putting a cap on my analysis time and just taking actions decisively whenever I need to. Also I try to socialize more (which is draining for the I-types).

(INTP is overrated in my opinion - I would not want to work with one to be honest - speaking for myself and personal experience - INTPs are often pessimistic, toxic, and prone to depression)

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: Sorry I was being sarcastic. I don't think either have any real value

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome Changing personality types and behavior are two different things. I don't really think personality type can change, as it's kind of just what is most natural for your brain. However, you can change your behavior, and there are spectrums to different personalities. I think it's great that you're trying to self improve, however I don't think you can change your personality type, but rather change the way you behave. Basically personality types act as the default for your brain, but you can consciously mold yourself to be a better person.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@mimisalome Changing personality types and behavior are two different things. I don't really think personality type can change, as it's kind of just what is most natural for your brain. However, you can change your behavior, and there are spectrums to different personalities. I think it's great that you're trying to self improve, however I don't think you can change your personality type, but rather change the way you behave. Basically personality types act as the default for your brain, but you can consciously mold yourself to be a better person.

Eh, I'm pretty sure MBTI test isn't definitive.

Even the experts and the test itself admitted to this.

We have tendencies to be both introvert and extrovert, for example.

I could remember being very social and outgoing as a kid, but then became quite aloof during my teenage years as I became conscious of myself.

As I learn more about what I want with myself and what I can do, (and that most people's opinion aren't really worth of consideration) I started to become more confident in expressing myself socially.

Same goes with my P and J tendencies. I think, I just developed this "perfectionist mindset" as I grew and created this worrisome attitude with regards to failure.

Experience taught me, though, that much of things I worry about happens rarely and I've got things done adequately the first time, if I stick to my plan.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome I don't really think a test can give an accurate answer. And if you defaulted to certain behaviors as a kid before making realizations, that probably reflected your personality type. But that's just me.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used to be an "infp" still an infp.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@mimisalome I don't really think a test can give an accurate answer. And if you defaulted to certain behaviors as a kid before making realizations, that probably reflected your personality type. But that's just me.

Brain development persist until age 25, so I could imagine that there is a room for the "personality" to change, and is not really set and "hardwired" right from the very start.

More so, brain do manifest some level of neuroplasticity and adaptability (physical or functional reorganization of neural network).

This can be induce via learning, memorization, behavioral conditioning, and experience (or injury and trauma - like cases of personality change observe on people with brain tumor or lesion)

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome Actually, I think you're right. It only makes since that if the brain is still developing, there's room for personality type to change.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ESTP-T - Entrepreneur.

I messed up slightly on one question and I accidentally clicked "Next" too soon and it bugs me that I couldn't go back... On top of that I forgot what kind of question I answered "wrong". *Sigh.* I wonder where that somewhat-obsessive behavior falls under. How ironic.

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jacdec

INTP

The architect, the thinker, the designer, the critic

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cocacolaman  Moderator

INFP or INFJ.

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I would have felt INFJ. Thank you for answering, it sheds some light on someone I don't know well.