What Made You Choose You Choose Your Avatar and Username?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pooty

How did you come up with your username and avatar? Was it a random decision? Did it take you hours to decide? Does it hold some significance?

Pooty: From birth I've been called Pooty. The reason: I'm the only child who made my mother "Poot" while giving birth. That's a shitty origin story ain't it? See what I did there?

AGD: They represent that things are not always what they seem. Sometimes you have to look beyond the surface to see what is really going on. also, im heterosexual. but if i meet a gay guy I always ask "Can I get on your back?"

Before the boards were revised I think I made this thread but can't find it. If you can find it post it please.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kgb725

The KGB are my intials and the 725 is my birth month/day

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Narcissism.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine008

Fanboyism was the main motivator for the username. Recently saw this Iron Fist: Living Weapon #2 cover while scrolling through Marvel's May solicitations. Couldn't let it go to waste.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For you to ponder what plausible deep meaning this could mean

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen (TTBA for short) is my tumblr username that I use to run my Flash/DC Comics Blog (811 followers & counting) and I wanted people to be able to find me easily on here too.

As for my Avatar, I love Mirror Master more than anyone else on the Vine ( or so I like to think ) and I couldn't resist this oh so seductive image of him.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By 14NC3

My username? I wasn't too bothered and wanted to use my real name. I didn't want to add some numbers at the end of it so I just put numbers into it.

My Avatar? Simple. It looks awesome and Nova is one of my favourite characters.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I was going to go with "smittyjoker" because my nickname is smitty and my favorite comic book character is the Joker, but the username was taken, so I just went with "jokerpoker". As for my avatar, Deathstroke is one of my favorite DC characters, and I try to change my avatar now and again so it's not always the Joker.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My userame is just my first name and then the first initial of my last name and my avatar is a poster from john carpenters Halloween and I chose that because its one f my favorite movies but idk why its not centered though lol

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i am cool, and my initials are D E & S

i have used this name for everything since i was 7 and it has stuck i guess, i have no idea what my picture is, i'll brb after i check

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloak- because i like the darkness powers & teleportation.

Black Panther - because he's a badass warrior king.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel_boy2241 Well, first off I'm a boy. then I love marvel but more so than DC. Mix it all together and whadaya got? 22410004521139 was my library card number. So, I shortened it. Hence, 2241.

Now, face-palming is something that I do often when reading ridiculous posts. It seemed appropriate to have a widely known Marvel character doing it because after all, I am The Marvel Boy.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouflex? Well back when i was 8 i presented a futurist invention (On paper) for my School Project and than a other 8years later i created a character named Rouflex while i was extremely bored (based on that project), over the years i changed his origins and powers for my appreciation :P. At first, the idea would have killed a human in instants >.>. The name is a mix of two french words. Its represent all that but its also represent the Fictional Universe i made years ago.

As for my avatar, i'm trying to have a permanent/long-running avatar pic but i never found anything that would stay so i think a flag representing my Country would be a great idea. Its not that i like the flag, i personally think the meaning of it is not good enought for our country but its means i want the independance of Québec (Vive le Québec libre).

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like swords, being a sword master would be cool D is one of my favourite letters 'cos it's the first letter of my name

I saw my AV a few mins before i signed up on a SS vs someone (don't remember who) thread as a scan I thought was bad ass, It was originally gonna be a fancy shark saying 'I say'

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

My current avatar is Levi. I chose it because I recently watched Attack on Titan... and I thought Levi was awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a big fan of the Star Wars: X-wing novel series. My favorite books in the series are the ones by Aaron Allston, most of which prominently feature Wraith Squadron.

I put the X at the beginning in reference to both the X-wing and the X-Men - one of my favorite X-Men books, Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force, had it's final issue released mere days before I joined Comic Vine.

I use Wedge Antilles as my main avatar because he's been a favorite character of mine ever since I played Rogue Squadron on the N64. The only reason I've kept it for so long is because I can't pick a replacement I like.