What is the best way to approach a situation where a family had a homosexual son?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I remembered when I was working as a security guard, I overheard a conversation among my fellow colleagues who mentioned about family rules to dating. The problem of teenage homosexuality is brought up, and they said that its just one of the many possible symptoms of teenage rebellion, and most will outgrow it soon.

One particular part of the conversation that strikingly burnt into my memory, however, was the mention that male teenage homosexuality could be a long-term issue. For girls pretending to be lesbians it was supposedly easier, my friends all said just give a bit of time, be it family attention or some counselling, or at last resort some physical or verbal lashing, they will eventually learn to like men. However for male teenagers engaging in homosexuality there is a distinct possibility they may not outgrow it and become authentic homosexuals.

Gay conversion therapy centers from my understanding doesn't seem to be a good solution from what I heard (Not sure why though), besides it doesn't exist in the country I lived.

So how should a family handle homosexual behavior from their child?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The f***

Who tf acts gay to be rebellious. There's so many other ways to be rebellious

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The f***

It might sound ridiculous but trust me it isn't. I have a couple of former colleagues who used to rotate around girlfriends and he heard many tales of women acting lesbian just to spite their former boyfriends, or some girls turning to other girls because of a breakup that led to misandry.

Males I have not heard so much about such rebellious attitudes, so male teenage homosexuality seems to have a greater tendency to become a long-term problem.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By removekebab

@batmanplusjay said:

The f***

Lots of people apparently, a couple have done so in my family. Though now it looks like pretending to be transexual is the new hotness.

As with all "LGBT" people, it's best if it's ignored.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

Nothing good will come from this thread