What Is The Best Time To Post A New Thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f
deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm sorry this thread isn't comic related and I hope it doesn't get locked or anything! Dx

I just had a question for the forums.

To all the moderators and/or experienced people on the vine I just wanted your opinion...

What do you think is the best time of day/week for me to post a new thread if I want it to get the most views/comments?

Because when I make a new thread I am always worried no one sees it and it just gets lost within the giant sea of the forums lol

So what time of day... and what day of the week... is the best time to make a new thread so the most people see and comment on it?

Should I always just wait until the weekends to make a new thread so the most people see it? What do you think? :)

If this is against the rules because it's not comic related I'm really sorry again! xc I didn't know how else to ask but it's to help all my future legit threads! :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's got to have a good title, first.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ifdcruledtheworld: If you don't mind my asking... what do you think constitutes a good title? Do you think I need short titles because they get to the point more than longer titles and stuff?

Sorry if you're busy and can't answer I understand lol but thanks for posting! :)

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piratekingoda

You must get all the information in as short a text as possible. And try to make it sound interesting.

In my opinion, if you want people to participate in your thread, you must present an idea that gives room to different opinions. Originality is also a must.

So:

1.) Must find an original idea for a thread

2.) It must be fun, interesting and that enhances interactivity

3.) Find a title that resumes your idea in a fun, interesting way

4.) Once you have all this, you can tag people that you know have interests similiar to the thread you have created. Per example, if your thread is about Batman, you can find the Bat experts in the vine looking around in other Batman threads. You can also look for Bat-heaters, so to create some healthy rivalry.

Note: you must not abuse of the tag tool, since you don't want to spam users with many threads.

5.) And then, you can bump your thread after a few days no one posts in it, so to bring it up in the list.

Personally I think that the evening is a better time to post, for more people seem to be active after work and the such. But it's only my impression and I have never really paid much attention to that.

So, good luck!

Tag me on your next thread and I promise to post at least a couple of times to help you get it rolling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Hey thank you so much this is all so great!!! I will definitely take all this into consideration I promise! :)

Seriously thank you for all the help it means a lot I really appreciate it!!!

And you're totally right I was thinking the evenings as well for that same reason!!

Sorry I didn't see this haha I made a new thread just now but I will tag you in it now thanks again seriously that's so cool you're awesome!!!!!!!!! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Miller time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Hey thank you so much this is all so great!!! I will definitely take all this into consideration I promise! :)

Seriously thank you for all the help it means a lot I really appreciate it!!!

And you're totally right I was thinking the evenings as well for that same reason!!

Sorry I didn't see this haha I made a new thread just now but I will tag you in it now thanks again seriously that's so cool you're awesome!!!!!!!!! :D

No problem.

Also, one last tip. Except when it's a direct conversation that requires a fast answer, you should try to take a day or so to comment on your own thread.

Think this: When someone posts in your thread, your thread goes up in the list, and more people will see it. If you wait to the next day to post, it is probable that your thread will be down the list again, and with your answer you will make it go up again, so it is probable it will get more views.

Anyway, this trick won't make your thread a big success, but hey, why not, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: omg no way!!!!! Hahahaha that's what I was always thinking too!! :D

Lol it's so funny that you say that... now that I hear it from someone else then it's gotta be true hahaha!!! xP You're right it's definitely worth a shot! :)

That's one of the reasons why I reply to all of my comments... it is my way of bumping it lol but of course the other reason is I just like having conversation with people x3

But seriously thank you again man you've been crazy awesome I definitely have to follow you! Idk why I haven't yet! lol cx

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may not be a mod, but I've been on the vine a long time, I think I can help you out.

I generally avoid posting new threads on the weekends. I find that the traffic on comic vine is very low then.

On the weekdays, I usually post around 3-5, that's when I normally get the most responses.

Mondays-Fridays from 3-5 is when my posts do the best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Oh wow really? Thanks so much for the tip! That's awesome man I'll take that into consideration :)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piratekingoda: You're welcome. Any chance I have to help a fellow vienr is a chance I take.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@piratekingoda:

@mrmonster said:

I may not be a mod, but I've been on the vine a long time, I think I can help you out.

I generally avoid posting new threads on the weekends. I find that the traffic on comic vine is very low then.

On the weekdays, I usually post around 3-5, that's when I normally get the most responses.

Mondays-Fridays from 3-5 is when my posts do the best.

This^ pretty much nails it.

Things kinda seem to fall off at about 2-3 AM & starts picking up again at about 7-8 AM but yeah weekends & the early morning aren't really an opportune time to post. The early morning in Minnesota US.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: It really does mean a lot for all the help! I'll see ya around the site! :)

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: That's good to know thanks so much.... I'll have to take that into consideration because I like to stay up all throughout the night if I can hahaha xP

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piratekingoda: By the way, sorry to be a jerk in your other thread. Just trying to spice things up so to get people debating.

Controversy is the num one thing that gets people talking. Haha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Hahahahahaha I was wondering about that!!!! XD LOL Well I gotta hand it to you, you really know your stuff!!! Hahaha nice one man thanks! ;D I really appreciate it, it really means a lot you have no idea it's so cool!!! Thank you for doing that I so don't want you to get banned or anything though lol hopefully it'll be ok! xD