What is peak human strength in real life?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

We've seen Batman and Captain America lift 1000+ pounds, but what's the actual limit? If you find anything, please cite where you found the information.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mysticmedivh

Apparently this guy lifted 6000+ pounds, Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable of sources, but it's something worth looking at.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bench press:Paul "Tiny" Meeker presses 1102.0 lb, Jonas Rantanen of Finland performed a squat with a weight of 575 kg (1268 lb) The record for a raw deadlift (a deadlift performed without the aid of a deadlift suit, where only a weight belt is allowed) is 460.396 kg (1,015.00 lb) by Benedikt Magnusson. Source Wikipedia. Men can be as strong as batman however the real difference is these men are huge and are the pinnacle of their respective tiers. They cannot do flips and gymnastics like a comic character can. To be able to lift that much you have to be built like a mountain.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Apparently this guy lifted 6000+ pounds, Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable of sources, but it's something worth looking at.

Backlift isn't the same thing as lifting weight over one's head. With a backlift, you basically just lift with your legs for a few inches.

Loading Video...

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Still pretty damn impressive.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Still pretty damn impressive.

Was just about to say this.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@bgibs13390: Most people can do more than a thousand pounds under one of those. Paul Anderson's maximum bench was only about 600 lbs. Body builders of today shame those numbers, even when the body builders are clean.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Around half a ton

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mountain from Game of Thrones come to mind

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Benching 700 in one rep is considered peak. That's as far as i've seen anyone go.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wolverine008

Depends on the exercise in question.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No such thing since no real world human is the near best in every physical area.

Caps on drugs so idk why anyone would mention him, Batman on the other hand is damn near the best in every category all at the same time which a real world human couldn't be.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

Lifting around average car weight. 1 ton = 2,000 ponds. So around 2,000 pounds the human peak level reaches, if you talking about how much a peak human can lift at the strongest. There are a very few that can lift this.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lifting around average car weight. 1 ton = 2,000 ponds. So around 2,000 pounds the human peak level reaches, if you talking about how much a peak human can lift at the strongest. There are a very few that can lift this.

I wanna meet em. Let them teach me their ways.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongest man competition

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

@comicace3 said:

@ssjdarthplagueis said:

I wanna meet em. Let them teach me their ways.

Loading Video...

People think, "It's a small car. I can lift that"......, no it's not easy. 2,000 lbs!!!!! It's no easy.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By PowerHerc

Determining which lift(s) to use as measurements and whether or not bench shirts, compression suits, growth hormone, steroids and other lift-enhancing chemicals and apparatuses are to be used and also the unlikelihood of agreeing on fair and consistent judging standards make it practically impossible to determine peak human strength in our reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around terminator level. (unless we count striking strength because that can get insane)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a superhuman in real life.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Black_Arrow
No Caption Provided

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many humans can lift about 1000 lbs in real life. But they are big, big, BIG.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna say half a ton.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Strongest_Man

Louis Cyr and Paul Anderson are considered the strongest men in the history of the world. These guys are pretty amazing.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman level -_-

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25 Lunacyde  Moderator

No such thing. people continue to push the limits of what is possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4247c5670c4
deactivated-5c4247c5670c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak human is different for every single person

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By anakon4

I think most people don't really understand the concept. There is difference between benching 1000+pounds and then for example flipping/carrying the car.

We should look for someone who is strong in both real life task/strength oriented sports.

It's also important to note that these people take a lot of supplements and steroids. And I dont think that tuch person can be consider peak human because it's not natural.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dfd917e0cf
deactivated-5f6dfd917e0cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Peak human strength is usually around the 1000 lbs range. Everything else past that would be superhuman.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

5 nuts in a row

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lunacyde said:

No such thing. people continue to push the limits of what is possible.

This is a years old comment, but sums up my thoughts perfectly.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno, I mean there were stories of women who lifted a car off of kids and people or fought animals...so...

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alavanka

Hard to say. It depends on the lift.

And lifting isn't really the only indicator of power generation to begin with. Lifting 1000lbs would be an earth shattering measurement for weightlifting, but a spinning back kick can easily generate over 1200lbs of force for an athletic adult male. The people that can lift 1000lbs of weight in a static lift, usually aren't the ones who hit the hardest. Packing on 400lbs so that you can wedge yourself under half a tonne of metal isn't exactly the peak-athlete-warrior that typically comes to mind. In fact, strongmen can often be argued to be overweight. So....depends on the sport too.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As others have said, it depends on what the lift is. Even a being like Batman is hugely superhuman in real life. Not only is he benching and squating strongman levels, but he has track levels of speed. He also weighs like 210lbs. In real life, batman is gonna be at least 100 lbs heavier, and he isnt going to be as fast or as good in stamina.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

somewhere around 1000 and 1200 pound.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WhyZoSerious

I believe Eddie Hall holds most of the records in the most competetive disciplines. But this kind of "athletes" are far far away from my definition of "peak". Damn, he is probably not able to get the stairs to get his fat ass to the 5th floor, he can't move most of his joints, he has breathing problems. Don't show me these fat animals please, they ain't peak. Most of their activity is not even natural to the human body.

We are made to run, to walk, to overcome obstacles, to use our fully body, not to isolate or pick up things. These men cant do that.

This might sound blasphemy to the serious people, but I have a theory that the closest thing to the "peak human" that we'll see in 21st century is going to come from the Crossfit. Yeah, I know how these people train, I know they are an absolute shite in terms of results, form and execution, but my definition for "peak" includes a lot of stuff that they are trying/pretending to do. I don't see power lifters, bodybuilders, olympians or etc to do such things.

You are giving Captain America and Batman bench press as example for being peak but you forget all the running, parkour, fighting, stamina that they use to actually fight the crimes. These men you've guys shown could probably not land a good punch because the body fat does not allow them move their muscles.