• 62 results
Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Steve40L

A bit off topic for Comic Vine, but I'm pretty sure that's was the off topic section is about. So, what would you do if the entire world, including was stuck in Minecraft. Everyone's in hardcore mode. The world is the roughly the same as earth and everyone spawns wherever why where just a second ago

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So first, I would try finding wood. A lot of it. I can't rely on having to go back for more, so I have to grab as much as possible. The chat is spammed with deaths from fist fights. I make a wood pickaxe and get mining for at least a stack of stone. Most people have never played Minecraft so there running around and have no idea where to start. They just know their trapped in a blocky video game. I then start making a house, better be sheltered before night. I made myself a very comfortable hobbit hole, since I'm in this for the long haul and I want to live a comfortable life. By the time night falls millions if not billions of more people die from mobs and other's panicking. I wait the night out by mining. I've obtained some iron armor and am in nice spot. I've already started a little wheat farm in the back of my house. Since wheat doesn't sun light in Minecraft. After a few months, some kind of order has been established and the countries are back together. A mess, but are some kind of government. But criminals are far more common and almost no one is safe. I'm luckily in a semi secluded area and am not a likely target for them. I finally find some family and friends to live near. Better to have a small community then yourself. Plus, I trust these people, I already knew them before we where stuck in Minecraft. We have finally found a total of 5 diamonds and made a pickaxe to mine obsidian. Then, make an enchanting table. We already had lapiz from the mining and where able to enchant some of our tools. The population has changed from almost 8 billion to about 2 billion. Redstone engineers and veterans where by far the most influential and dangerous. But being some of the few people to live by themselves we where doing ok. We could finally go to the nether and get potions. Healing would be incredibly useful. Especially if I'm ever in a tough situation. We where finally in a stable and good situation when we where attacked by raiders. We lost several of our most valuable items. And barely made it out alive. We came back when we thought they where gone. But to our surprise the raiders where still looting. And where about to tnt our houses. I made a last ditch attempt and dropped lava on them. But I didn't want to lose my items. So I picked the lava back up and they burned to death. I put out the fire on my house with water and we got back to living our lives. We do some more mining since there isn't a whole lot to do and end up finding several diamonds. But decide wearing diamond armor will put to much of a target on us. So we stick to iron. But now all of us have diamond pickaxes. We finally, constructed a room for the nether portal and built it. Which means we could go to the nether. We started grabbing everything we would need for potions. After making a small cobblestone base around the nether portal so it's safe, we got back to the overworld and started some potion brewing. We where now confident in our ability to survive and started messing with some redstone traps. Just incase we where ever attacked again. Our base wasn't an impressive castle or anything, so we didn't catch many eyes. Meaning the traps weren't used often. Note that we where already a year into Minecraft life and governments have been established. Mainly by popular Minecraft youtubers because they not only Minecraft experience, but because millions of people followed them. I decided we should do a little exploring. So we all drank our potions of invisibility, grabbed stacks of food and headed out. We still had a sword and other tools. Just we weren't wearing or holding them. So we couldn't be seen. After about the 5th year, the population finally stopped going down so quickly and stable countries where formed. Because of how easy it is to build in Minecraft, homes and buildings became easily excisable and and quickly built. Finally, the world had come to some kind of peace. And for the many people still stole and killed, their was a protection force. Nights where still dangerous and the most deaths happened during those periods. But now, most people could live in relative safety. And Minecraft had become life.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Laurus

Almost everyone would die. Because I'm guessing you're using Minecraft world rules, so hospitals are just for show and no technology actually works.

Also, people wouldn't break their hands when punching a tree ect.

Fact of the matter is Humanity is now dependent on Technology and medicine, and very few people have the know-how to survive.

Does dying in this world mean you die for real? Morality would soon factor in, some people can kill, most people can't unless professionally trained in the military or some other government organisation.

Would societies still exist? Would these societies be formed immideiately or slowly? Would they be small communities of neighbourhoods, or large ones like towns or cities?

Essentially what I believe you've done is kill the human race, unless societies can be formed quickly people would be starving rapidly. Pigs and chickens number in the hundreds of billions at least, but wheat production and the necessary infrastructure to sustain that food supply simply wouldn't be there because of no technology.

Food would be therefore sparce and greatly sought after, incredibly rare and simply not plentiful enough to sustain the population for very long.

People would starve within weeks and die of dehydration far before that if clean water wasn't readily available. Remember, no running water.

TLDR: Disaster, above are the disjointed thoughts of someone who put way too much time into such a question.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurus First off, dehydration, and sickness don't exist. Second off, wheat production works since all you need is water. Sure, most people will die. But several arguments you made are invalid and there will be maybe like 2 billion survivors at least. Minecraft is not a very complicated game.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 takenstew22  Moderator

I'd die eventually.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d respawn too much

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@userthatisme Where all in hardcore mode. Soo... no respawns

Well then I’m screwed. I forgot how to survive in that game.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say humanity would actually be in a decent place. Sure there's not a lot of technology around, but since the world of Minecraft is infinite, there's technically no scarcity. Also there's no longer the threat of getting nuked. Really, the most threatening thing we'd have to worry about are the various monsters that roam the land. But even then, they aren't really that hard to figure out.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangevegeta Technically Minecraft does have world boarders. But it's still way larger than earth.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd buddy up with someone who knows how to survive. I would die within a day on my own lol.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd die instantly. Never really played Minecraft much.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: That's true. There are the far lands were the world basically ends and there's a bunch of weird structures. 'Course, you'd have to travel awhile to get there.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

I'd constantly fall into lava, on purpose.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People would survive. Getting clean water isn't that big a problem for many places in Africa and South America, they can live off the land just fine. The city dwellers are the ones who will die quickly. The tribal humans will take over, a learn very quickly how things work (look at Native Americans and Japan), and trade with or enslave the Villagers who likely aren't human but are in fact called Testificates (a different species).

I don't agree with the "everyone will die" viewpoint, that belies a lack of understanding of how humans work. Even the Pilgrims managed to survive in America where they knew absolutely nothing.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd complete it! You should see me play minecraft!

Tunnel Im working on for our friend's spawn point. This is nearly halfway though there.

Loading Video...

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'll do a video of what my base looks like on my friends server.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme_marvel Dude, that stuff is insane. Anyway. You guys are missing the fact that people don't need water and Minecraft biology applies. Not human. But some people would adapt, I think. It would really just be the people who have played before that have the best chance of survival.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean technically we are in hardcore mode already

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@supreme_marvel Dude, that stuff is insane. Anyway. You guys are missing the fact that people don't need water and Minecraft biology applies. Not human. But some people would adapt, I think. It would really just be the people who have played before that have the best chance of survival.

People survive for 3 days without water... It's assumed that your character drinks water like a normal creature

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to build my dream hobbit house.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened I'm not sure if you've ever played Minecraft. But you don't drink water in it. You just use it for farms.

@mimisalome Me to 😆

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: I'm pretty sure the designers of the game never meant that your character can survive without water. Many video games don't have the "must drink or die" basic human function put into the game mechanics. Doesn't mean anything.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Steve40L

When I say everyone is stuck in Minecraft, I mean everyone is stuck in Minecraft, with the game mechanics in play. Water is only used to make potions and farms. Not to drink.

Avatar image for deactivated-61380ee6a7097
deactivated-61380ee6a7097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st day is chaos billions die mostly people who haven't played the game at all also many people die on the way out to find areas where people haven't taken down everything

2nd day a few billions is left again this slows down with even more people dying probably 1 billion left by the end of day 2

3-7 people might work together to survive probably some towns pop up number of people dying slowly decreases as more people figure out how the game works

8-30 People start dying less and less from stuff like not having enough food the ender dragon is probably killed at this point

after this is just reseting civilization

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Whathappened

@steve40l said:

What I say everyone is stuck in Minecraft, I mean everyone is stuck in Minecraft, with the game mechanics in play. Water is only used to make potions and farms. Not to drink.

If everyone is suddenly living inside the games, and subject to game mechanics, then it will still be very easy to find food and shelter because of villagers existing. Even a little kid can naturally figure out how to farm without any help or guide telling him. Adults are way smarter than children when it comes to logic and reasoning, and it only takes a few thousand people making a crafting tool box for billions to learn extremely quickly, information spreads faster than you can react. People vastly underestimate how humans work.

I'd say 20% of humans die to being stuck out in the wilderness at night, the vast majority will have quickly realized (by trial and error, copying what players already know, or copying the villagers) that these creatures only come out at night & can't enter shelters.

You also have to account for the percentage of people who have played the game per continent / country. 126 million people play minecraft in 2020, that's a whole lot of people who know how to survive. Multiply that by 100 - 200 for the people who watches them do their thing for an accurate representation of how many people would immediately learn from example. Also, if everyone is simply plucked or "teleported" at the same time, there's some major issues. If Americans are caught at work, the Chinese will be caught at sleep, and conversely. This may significantly affect the prospects of survival. If you are caught at work, or transportation, while fully awake, it may be a lot confusing to find yourself in the water of a foreign world, but you are at least awake. Being transported while sleeping will add a lot more confusion and disorientation, and might give those people a lesser chance of surviving. If they are gathered at the same moment of the day - ie, at 8 AM in the US and 8 AM in China, and so at different times - they would arrive at different times to the new world; if the Americans arrived in the morning, the Chinese would arrive at night. And this would again massively affect their survival prospectives, those who arrived during the day having way better chances to get to safety than those that arrived at night.

So the logical solution is that everybody gets caught in the morning, not too early - say, about 9:00 AM - but by some magic/fluke of reality all of them arrive simultaneously.

Second, languages. You can help a person run from a zombie, you can point to a fruit or for something that give some shelter, and language won't be a real problem. But you cannot discuss what this event really is unless you share a language. People who speak relatively uncommon languages will be at a disadvantage now, and only a few languages - Chinese, English, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Hindi, Arabic, Japanese - will have really significant amounts of speakers, numbering in the billions.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened whenever you come up with theoretical situations like this, their might be issues. Also, you're never tired in Minecraft, so everyone who was asleep feels like they've been awake for several hours. This isn't taking people with their natural biology and putting them into the blocky world. It's changing them to the players as well. And Minecraft no matter where you are the time is the same. I don't want this silly little thing I thought would be fun to turn into a debate. I'm just saying, applying a lot of the logic you're applying would be logical if not applied to a video game.

twix228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By twix228

@steve40l said:

A bit off topic for Comic Vine, but I'm pretty sure that's was the off topic section is about. So, what would you do if the entire world, including was stuck in Minecraft. Everyone's in hardcore mode. The world is the roughly the same as earth and everyone spawns wherever why where just a second ago

If the world was shaken in minecraft, then I would try to turn on the creative mod and get myself a lot of diamonds in order to craft diamond armor and a sword, so as not to die for sure. hahahahah

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix228 you can install mods in real life? 😆

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get a concrete pickaxe, and go mining with golden apples GG

COBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By COBaker

Be born with creativity , EZ lol In fact, I think it's not as difficult as you might imagine. I think the main aspect should be that we should not play a single-player game, but online on servers. I play with my friends and brother on servers from https://minecraftservers.biz and if we were in this situation in real life, we would just survive together, and we are very experienced in this game, so I think we would cope with it quite easily. But what would happen if we got to the Edge World ? I think it wouldn't be a very good outcome , lol. Although if it was allowed to play with mods for some weapons, this problem would be solved.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't get in it in the first place because my Minecraft account is gone and it isnt working in my laptop either lmao,I am also a big noob.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can respawn right? So yeah I probably get diamonds without creative¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divyansh13 No respawns, and if you don't have an account you just end up looking like a blocky version of you. And have your real name. And where all stuck in hardcore. no creative or spectator.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'd become a farmer

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone dies

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Steve40L

@mcflicky That's definitely a good idea. (Just hope your crops don't get stolen. That kind of thing would happen way more often if we where trapped in Minecraft)

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how come every time I think this thread is dead it gets bumped again? lol.

@divyansh13 a lot of people are, lol. I was being very optimistic with my little what if story.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-603ad161e09b6
deactivated-603ad161e09b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

step one: literally just go onto minecraft right now before it happens... if it will happen and start practicing the game and my pvp skills and just to be clear im doing this in preperation i dont know when it will happen... assuming it will happen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcdogs_: lol this is step 2 aka day 1 im trapped in minecraft with everyone else i look around lets assume im in a plains right by a forest i run there and start punching a tree i do this with every tree i can making sure to gather saplings and apples once i have a stack i make basic stuff like crafting tables and wood pickaxe then i mine a stack of stone i make a stone sword pickaxe and axe. then i go get seeds there is only a few grass and tall grass left i then see a sheep i kill it i make a hoe and farm i mine at night ok im stopping.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobaker: its in hardcore mode you cant change to creative or survival in hardcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

We do some more mining since there isn't a whole lot to do and end up finding several diamonds. But decide wearing diamond armor will put to much of a target on us. So we stick to iron.

you could make diamond armor just in case but wear iron when your outside or something

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/\ Can't tag you for some reason but you seam pretty good at Minecraft. And the Diamond armor thing is pretty smart.

doubleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would try to find my family, then take them all and run as fast as I can. We would have a chance of survival, as my siblings and parents understand the basics of Minecraft and I've been playing for 6 years. We would probably live in a farm in a dark oak forest and be pacifists, writing books with book & quills and mining. If any raiders come, we would offer them our resources (better than dying) and we would also build some redstone farms.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd buddy up with someone who knows how to survive. I would die within a day on my own lol.