What happens if the Coronavirus never goes away?

Avatar image for ultimatedarkgod
UltimateDarkGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

^^^

BrunoAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BrunoAraujo

Have you seen I'm legend?))) I bet this wouldn't be a heroic poem.

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything will have to reopen eventually. Hopefully people can develop immunities to the virus. But it'll take a slow process where quarantines are necessary so that the health care system can keep up with the cases.

I imagine it'll probably be like the bubonic plague. A common theory was that the plague disappeared due to the implementation of quarantines in the medieval days. People would only leave their houses for essentials and eventually the worst of the plague subsided.

The bubonic plague still exists today. It's just not as bad because of better hygiene. In fact the latest major plague outbreak was back in 1994 in India. 52 people died.

So the Coronavirus might not disappear entirely, but hopefully it ends up being contained like how the bubonic plague was.

Disclaimer though: I'm not an expert, I'm just speculating based on a major historic event that was wayyy worse, but somewhat similar to what we're going through right now.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'd adapt as we always do. Either our bodies adapt to become immune to the virus (albeit after an infection or two) or we adapt our current lifestyle to fit.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We move on like normal. There is already much anecdotal evidence that the lockdown has resulted in more harm than helped. The John Muir Medical Center in the bay center has sent out a notification warning that in just a 4 week period there have been more attempted suicides reported at the center than in the entire previous 12 months.

Nobel Laureate, Michael Levitt, a Stanford University professor, has stated that the lockdown resulted in more deaths when accounting for suicides, domestic abuse, social isolation related depression, and changes in behavior related to locked down alcoholism.

This doesn't even take into account the 20% unemployment rate and the millions of lost jobs.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first off, don't make such threads. work to raise morale not destroy it

to answer your question, we can probably develop immunities. I guess that ebola vaccine or somthing like that came in the new that the patients could recover with it. WE are currently living in lockdown and it will be so permanantly. no more children in parks. probably won't even shoot movies or TV shows and it wuld cause huge losses. byebye schools and offices

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can never truly eradicate a disease off the face of the earth, but we will be fine.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Economy crash everywhere, normalized racism towards the Chinese (or even East-Asians generally), suicide rates could possibly get even higher, online school becomes the norm, obesity rates go up and etc.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We will all die horribly

First the old farts and little ones carc it

Then people stop breeding

Then we all get old and die in pain and torment

Science told me

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

People will eventually develop herd immunity and it will become a part of life just like Pneumonia and the flu.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People will eventually develop herd immunity and it will become a part of life just like Pneumonia and the flu.