What exactly is with the West's fixation of having a race to having sexual intercourse?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

What exactly is with the West's fixation of having a race to having sexual intercourse?

It's a bit of a taboo discussion but It's something that I've had some thoughts to reflect on lately for the past few days and wanted to hear what some of the older and more impartial members of the site think about it.

So lately, I've been an avid fan of the Vtuber company "Hololive" and subscribed to their channels and commented and chatted (not super chatting as I can't afford to provide that much financial support given the state of the world at the moment) on their content because I genuinely enjoy the content (There's just something appealing to me about real people streaming content while having a way to act as exuberantly and animatedly as much as they want through animated avatars. It's actually pretty fun to watch.) As I've discussed their content with some members of this site, Particularly with most members being from the West, on Discord, I've been told by some of them that I would be better off paying someone to give me a blowjob and look for a girlfriend. Although honestly, I'm not really interested in establishing romantic relationships and sexual gratification at the moment and more of looking to establish a successful career and health path at the moment while having the time to enjoy my hobbies in my mid twenties.

Growing up in South East Asia and having been raised with Roman Catholic values, I've never really been interested in having pre-marital sexual intercourse (I find it preferable to do your first time with someone you have a strong level of commitment to and love for without protection and not having to worry about a good pullout game than doing it with someone you're not sure you want to spend the rest of your life with) but just go along with conversations about pre-marital sex with people of a different culture in this site to avoid creating trouble. However, It's been a phenomena that I've been genuinely curious about for a while and have been wondering why a large number of Westerners (and people influenced by the West) tend to have a high level of libido and have as much control over it as a, forgive the term, rabbit.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I don't really get it either. I grew up here (Australia), with much the same influences as the average Australian, and have never been pious or conservative, but I really don't care all that much about sex. It's pretty good, but also pretty overhyped. However, the sex craze is by no means at all, something unique to the west. Both my time spent in India during long trips and stories from mates living there indicate to me that it's just as much of a problem there. I've heard the same thing from a friend of mine who is Singaporean, one who's Chinese, another who's Afghan.

P.S -- Superbad is great tho

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think that's just American media for the most part. They've normalized quite a lot of.... things.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its probably more popularised in the west, but its certainly present in several other cultures.

BaftDastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea mate. School is crazy for it; if I could tell me younger safe one thing it'd just be to calm down and just enjoy meself. Everyone has sex eventually, most by the time they turn 18 anyway, theres no point stressing about it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6 Lunacyde  Moderator

Sex is a pretty standard desire across most cultures. I think the whole race aspect has evolved out of culture than prohibits sexual behavior for teenagers who are sexually mature.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their just sex fiends

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Something to do with Grammarly I think

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By seastone98

I think the greeks/romans use 2 draw dicks on buildings & pottery back in ancient times so blame them i guess

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it gives me something to do with my penis