What do you think should be done about ticktock other social media pranks/challenges/trends that go to far.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman
CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think most of the bigger social media people stage a lot of that stuff, at least with "strangers." It gets bad when people take stuff that obviously shouldn't be done and do it anyway for whatever number of reasons. But it's not like there's any real way of controlling the spread of Internet content outside of parents and schools restricting children's tech access.

A bit off topic but it does annoy me when people do things to their friends that can't be reversed like throwing their phones off bridges and stuff, like that's just ridiculous.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed somehow.

Only thing is, I don't see many solutions that wouldn't give the government worrying amounts of control over the internet.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think social media as a whole especially tiktok are promoting way too many things that are harmful, especially to children who see these trends and lifestyles and want to emulate it. Even the seemingly benign stuff is damaging imo. For example my wife watches one tiktoker who’s sole content revolves around her daily routine with her babies. That may not seem like a big deal but really think about it, this lady is receiving clout and money from thousands of strangers to look at her kids. She is receiving attention by flaunting her babies who will one day grow up knowing that their mom was showing them off to thousands of strangers. It promotes the inflation of ego and glorifies trends and lifestyles that are potentially harmful.

Morghulis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That video was hilarious, XD.

OT: What do you mean when you say “what should be done?” Nothing should be done, all because some people stupid pranks and choices doesn’t mean it should get ruined for the rest of us. And it’s not even a generalization of the entire Tik-Tok community.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

Just because you see something on social media, that doesn't mean you should try doing it yourself. Sure a lot of these shouldn't be shown at all but on the other hand, if you can't understand that jumping in front of cars for example is dangerous, then you are to blame as well.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing more than calling it out as stupid

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers