What do you think of IQ science?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

People usually hate talking about this and dismiss it. What do you think, specifically about black people's IQs being generally lower than every other race's

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Taboo subject

Lefties insist evolution stopped as soon as we became homo-sapiens - therefore everyone and every culture is equal

Hence there are groups of people who insist IQ doesn't determine intelligence

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FableCounty

its probably accurate, but IQ does not equal intelligence it just means you are good at IQ tests. For example IQ doesn't tell you other areas of intelligence like if someone is good at music, sport, dancing, art etc

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fablecounty:

I'm not so sure about that. Stefan Molyneux recently did an interview with Linda Gottfredson and she rebuked that idea.

Apparently, modern IQ tests measure for different types of aptitudes like social reasoning and verbal aptitude.

For example, Jewish people have historically had astronomical verbal IQ whole Asians have scored extremely well in spatial IQ.

Whites usu ally do well with logic.

While.my race, black people, have been the bottom of the barrel. Black people that live in Africa average an iq of 70-75 and American blacks 75-85...it's incredibly depressing.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I see IQ more as a guideline than a fact. It's a decent indicator of the general mental capacity of a group or individual, but should never really be taken at face value or directly compared.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae:

How would you resolve what I said about the IQS of black people. When you look at the low numbers and then look at the state of black communities...for me it's quite difficult to rebuke the findings of the IQ tests

IHateAnimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a faulty system, like measuring a three dimensional object in only two, but it's the best that we have at the moment. low IQ also has to do with the environment that you've lived in and the household you grew up in then just your race ( thailand and vietnam has always come up on the low spectrum in asia, which have all routinely have had high IQ) but since race does come in more often then not white folk don't wanna be racist and leave the subject out.

Honestly, it's hysterical when white people talk about it. I remember one time we were trying to show how religious people were obviously more stupid then atheists with IQ scores from Atlanta and portland one time until we found out that portland was predominately white while Atlanta was predominately Black. you should have seen their faces!! it was priceless!

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is referred to when one says "(his/her) intelligence" is variable, but one thing that seems to remain constant among the various definitions of intelligence is the individual in question's capacity or lack thereof to succeed in a particular situation, to achieve a particular goal (simplify the mathematical equation, recognize and express the meaning of a word, make a million dollars, whatever). Intelligence, then, seems like an evaluation of people according to their ability to accomplish externally-dictated goals that they may not even care about. There are no IQ tests that indicate a person's ability to reach (or even desire) moral clarity and act accordingly, and yet this is my goal :/

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

IQ only test a few areas of intelligence (mostly analytical, logical-mathematical, and spatial), so no, it's not very accurate at testing general intelligence.

HOWEVER, people with high IQs TYPICALLY (not always) have higher levels of intelligence in other areas (so example, someone who scores high on the IQ will typically also score higher in emotional intelligence), so there is some correlation between IQ and general intelligence.

However, IQ is hugely effected by someones socio-economic status, for the most part people shouldn't try to compare themselves with others outside of their neighborhood.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't IQ measure logical/cognitive problem solving "intelligence" primarily? Obviously it doesn't measure every form of intelligence and you can't make blanket statements with it, but if it is how I think it is (and I'm not an IQ expert, so I'm probably wrong) then it's still somewhat decent at at least the type it measures.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@fablecounty:

...it's incredibly depressing.

I won't think too much about it, IQ only measures certain factors and for me the gap between peoples its a cultural thing. I think the 'race' thing only is a small factor and I know there are a lot of poor kids with a ghetto attitude who don't like the police and don't like school....its not like this attitude will get you very far in life. For example I spent some time with people from South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan and other places, some of their cultural traditions are amazing but sometimes they are very strict

take this vid for example

Loading Video...

These skills are 'learned' they are not their race or DNA, however I do sometimes find from the East people in some of their cultures they can be kind strict, almost anal, its like they are too robotic, got a stick up their ass or something and lack that freedom and creativity...they same Asian peoples in the West, sometimes their culture is still very close to the East because of the culture Mommy and Daddy brought with them or they are very different and got a totally different attitude because of a different culture

However, IQ is hugely effected by someones socio-economic status, for the most part people shouldn't try to compare themselves with others outside of their neighborhood.

.I think the internet is slowly bringing an end to the socio-economic status thing, people can do courses online, learn mathematics, philosophy music, art online etc even some of the top universities are going online these days

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@fablecounty: It still plays a factor though. Many in the US still don't have internet, and those who do don't use it for educational purposes because of their socio-economic status. The internet doesn't change their behavior.